McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s a cash flow thing. £17m say all in one from Gala is better than £30m in instalments. If we have wiggle room on PSR, maybe we want the best money now offer? Just a thought.

Maybe it’s a cash flow thing. £17m say all in one from Gala is better than £30m in instalments. If we have wiggle room on PSR, maybe we want the best money now offer? Just a thought.

Maybe Gala are going to sign a massive sponsorship deal with Irn Bru and it is conditional on getting Scotlands greatest player, yes you heard that right Andy Robertson.

Fulham upped their bid to £20m according to Ducker, we want £25m-30m.

£20m? I feel they need to get serious or move on.

Fulham upped their bid to £20m according to Ducker, we want £25m-30m.

Good. I'd be content with £25m, hopefully we can get it to be closer to 30, maybe 27-28m.

Good to see us sticking to a fair valuation and not selling him for peanuts. He's definitely worth around 30m IMO.

£23m bid according to Luckhurst, £20m according to Ducker.

£25m would have been ideal, but we are not going to get more from Galatsaray than we are from Fulham. If it is indeed £23m, we should take the offer. McTominay has 200+ appearances for us and is aged 27, he cannot do basic things for a midfielder which is to show for the ball and pass it forward, it is not going to change. We have to slowly get rid of players who are not cutout for our level.

Fulham can pleasure themselves with the broomstick Arsenal sent them with Smith Rowe.

Turkish clubs won't help drive the price up but at least it proves there's some interest in him. 23m is a little under ideal valuation but honestly I'd take it, I think holding out for 30 would be a mistake.

TBH Conor and McTominay are about the same level. McTominay I would say is a little bit better defensively, Conor has a little better vision of the field and other players around him. They are not the same as far as style, but similar level. Both are a yellow card waiting to happen.
Quite similar players profile wise, I agree. Biggest difference though is that Gallagher shows for the ball a lot more, which I think is why Gallagher is getting offers from Atletico and McTominay Fulham.

Honestly 23m is a piss take. I'm tired of the club being taken for mugs when selling. We should keep him unless an offer around 35m at least comes in.

McTominay is an extremely useful PL proven midfielder and international. He's not some random Championship midfielder...

Are we not a little short in the central area if he is sold? Mainoo, Casemiro, Eriksen, Collyer for two places. I see Mount as a rather attacking player in our system.

Well he's twice the player.
Not to mention Palhinha was contracted for another 4 years. McTominay has 1 year left on his deal. £23m is fair. I think if we can push it as close to £30m, great, but I'd contentedly sell right now.
Are we not a little short in the central area if he is sold? Mainoo, Casemiro, Eriksen, Collyer for two places. I see Mount as a rather attacking player in our system.
We are, both we're going to sell to buy in midfield. I imagine McTominay and Eriksen (Ajax/Anderlecht seem strong links) will be allowed to leave and we will sign a midfielder or two to replace.

Scott has 1+1 year left on his contract.

20M is very cheap, you would expect to get that next year with 1 year on his contract or maybe a bit less.

It's not a fair offer tbh.

Scott has 1+1 year left on his contract.

20M is very cheap, you would expect to get that next year with 1 year on his contract or maybe a bit less.

It's not a fair offer tbh.
Well it's 1 year left on his contract until we exercise that option.

We’re selling downwards, for a player who should at this point of time be at the peak level of his career age-wise. Fulham or any other club aren’t paying slightly extra owing to potential or extra sell-on value owing to his age (contrast to Emily Smith Rowe who most of our fans are outraged at Arsenal managing to sell for the price they are).

He's a squad player for a big side who need to sell to carry on buying - 18 league starts last season, 10 the season before.

We can probably negotiate a bit more – and by all accounts we’re after £30m – but the reality is we’re hardly selling gold here.

I think we're at the point where forgoing 5m quid or so to enable a midfield change that improves the team is worth it. Hanging onto McTominay because the offer is too low doesn't really make sense when he doesn't suit our team as a midfielder, and will be worth even less next year. Then you get into that stupid cycle of offering him a new deal to retain his value.

Well it's 1 year left on his contract until we exercise that option.

We’re selling downwards, for a player who should at this point of time be at the peak level of his career age-wise. Fulham or any other club aren’t paying slightly extra owing to potential or extra sell-on value owing to his age (contrast to Emily Smith Rowe who most of our fans are outraged at Arsenal managing to sell for the price they are).

He's a squad player for a big side who need to sell to carry on buying - 18 league starts last season, 10 the season before.

We can probably negotiate a bit more – and by all accounts we’re after £30m – but the reality is we’re hardly selling gold here.

Fair comments...but doesn't change how I feel about the bid.

20-23M is too low for a 27 year old McTom.

While £23m is an under-valuation we have to consider that if we don't sell him this season we lose him for a lot less in the future, and it may well prevent us from signing the type of midfielder we actually need.

That's not just because he will be a year older either and only have a year left on his contract, but because the likelihood of him having another 10 goal season is almost non-existent.

His stock will never be higher, now is the time to sell.

I would see low bids like this as a consequence of leaking information re: "personal terms agreed with a number of players, just need to sell first" to keep fans happy. Be surprised if Fulham go any higher than 25.

I would see low bids like this as a consequence of leaking information re: "personal terms agreed with a number of players, just need to sell first" to keep fans happy. Be surprised if Fulham go any higher than 25.
I don't think we care though, as Erik likes him as a squad player. So you can meet our valuation of him, or the manager is happy to keep him.

Cuts the other way too, if we've agreed personal terms with multiple players we want to buy, then the prices we'll pay should be lower, as the selling clubs know we have alternatives lined up

I think McTominay would be Fulham's best player by a mile. In a year from now they'll be asking for £50m or more if anyone asks about him.

Always said he goes for £30m. Anything lower and the club loses more face as a seller. It can be £25+5 but the final value has to at least start with a 3

I think McTominay would be Fulham's best player by a mile. In a year from now they'll be asking for £50m or more if anyone asks about him.

I'm not sure about the 50m but if I was a Fulham fan I'd be delighted getting him. He will be a stand out player for Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.