McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll eventually be sold for £20 million with add ons potentially taking the deal to £25 million. Fair outcome imo and a boost to the transfer budget given he’s an academy player.

If we can't get a minimum of £25m we might as well keep him. He's a useful squad player.

If we can't get a minimum of £25m we might as well keep him. He's a useful squad player.
no he's not. He's a very limited player who sometimes provides a goal. His abilities to pass the ball are cack. He's not creative and he's always missing defensively.

I’m not saying he needs to be a regular starter but he’s a FAR more useful player than Eriksen or Casemiro.
Some people here are learning what Pep has forgotten 8 years ago, which is, you can’t dominate the Premier League with a team of midgets who may be brilliant on the ball but couldn’t win a header in their box or on the halfway line to save their lives:

So more useful than two guys everybody wants to get rid of as well? Great argument. And those midgets actually know how to make themselves available for a pass, know how to distribute the ball in a progressive way, unlike your messiah.

looks like West Ham will be the only real suitors as speculation mounts that Fulham are going to sign Andre from Fluminese for a record amount so that looks to be where they are spending the Paulinha money

He's 28 at the end of the year. He will start declining very soon and now is the time to get rid.
I never said we shouldn't get rid. But some people are underestimating his value and want him sold for peanuts.

Not sure what your point is here exactly, but a number of those players were clearly over the hill (but nobody sane would question their quality as such).

My point was not that SAF mostly turned turds into diamonds, but that he did know how to use players (mostly as squad options) who weren't objectively brilliant (and who might, indeed, look nowhere as good elsewhere).

I was agreeing with your original point.

Honestly, I'd be happy if we fetched £50million collectively for both McTominay and Casemiro. That can be reinvested into someone like Ugarte with perhaps some change left over, and shore up our finances with McTominay being an academy talent (pure profit) and also being rid of Casemiro's astronomical wages.

McTominay to be sold to a PL club and Casemiro possibly to Saudi club (though not as likely). Can see it.

According to Adam in Forever United Tv a source in the club texted him: "Keep your eyes on Mctominay"
Apparently something happening very soon with him. Lets see tomorrow if we do not get any Mctominay transfer news.

It's so strange that Fulham reportedly offered more than £30m (more than twice what they offered for McTominay) for Emile Smith Rowe. I get that he's younger but Scott is more accomplished and most importantly much more reliable than ESR.

At the prices mentioned 100% keep him, unless we are getting Declan Rice money he's worth it

I still got room for Scotty. Casemiro needs to go if we get Ugarte.

I'm not a huge McTominay fan, but I agree, if anything the wage difference should make Case the obvious candidate to try and shift. But the wages also make McTominay the easier one to shift.

Why does the title if this thread say "(OUT)?" He seems to have no plans to leave and club seems weirdly unwilling to sell him

Don't tease us with false hope

The interested clubs say it all. Galatasaray, Fulham, West Ham….yet he will probably stay and make 40 appearances next season

Get rid should have gone years ago

McTominay would've been sold in the SAF era.

I actually think Fergie would've kept him for quite a while. Fergie got a tune out of all sorts of dross over the years.

He'd have loved Scottie's attitude and physicality. And I think he'd have found a role for him the same way he found one for people like Welbeck.

It took us until last season to find a good role for Scott. That would've happened much quicker.

He'd never have been a first 11 player though and he'd have moved him on if Scott wanted that, like he did for certain players over the years.

I would sell him for 20-25 million. We’ve got good value out of him over the years, and he's been fortunate to play so many games for us. He's useful for a few goals, but they’re usually when we’re desperate because we’re not good enough. We need to get away from that, and he’s not going to help. 25 million of pure profit for a 27 year old is useful money.

At the prices mentioned 100% keep him, unless we are getting Declan Rice money he's worth it

Nah we need a better squad, training needs to be at a very high standard. United should have best in class in each position with players that would start at other top 4s on the bench to come on and do a job.

Our bench isn't even top 8 in some places and our squad lacks quality.

We should absolutely move on Lindelof Maguire and McT this summer.

40m+...you guys would never allow us to sell him.

Take anywhere from 25m to 30m and run.

Two out and one in doesn’t sound great when you consider that we’re already threadbare in midfield
suspect we will get amrabat back .. along with one more signing which looks like ugarte.
Then mainoo, ugrate, amrabat for two positions. Plus some one from academy as well.

So you would give him a new contract then? 120k and 4 years sound about right? Because he's in his final year right now

Or it's worth keeping him just for a year instead of buying a new player like Ugarte?

So you would give him a new contract then? 120k and 4 years sound about right? Because he's in his final year right now

Or it's worth keeping him just for a year instead of buying a new player like Ugarte?

He still has a plus one left after this year.

I understand people’s reluctance to offer out new contracts to players who’ve had one decent season. But if we’re not getting the money we want for him this year, then why not keep him and see if he can replicate his super sub season next year?

If he does why would you not sign up a squad player who’s happy with limited minutes, an average salary, and gives you 10 goals a season? He doesn’t have to play DM and he doesn’t have to start.

Unless selling him is an immediate enabler for another incoming transfer like Ugarte ot de Ligt I would keep him..

He shouldnt start a game, but there is no denying his value as an impact sub.. There is also nothing not to like about his attitude, mentality, so I think he also has his value in the dressing room and on the training pitch..

Unless selling him is an immediate enabler for another incoming transfer like Ugarte ot de Ligt I would keep him..

He shouldnt start a game, but there is no denying his value as an impact sub.. There is also nothing not to like about his attitude, mentality, so I think he also has his value in the dressing room and on the training pitch..
A year of his contract left, we can’t keep players that are “ok”, pay their wages then lose them on a free… when the alternative is c£20m and no wages for a year (so a few more £m). And I don’t think Berrada/Ashworth/Jim would think the financial alternatives work either.

Good guy but if not extending his contract (I wouldn’t) we need to take the cash.

A year of his contract left, we can’t keep players that are “ok”, pay their wages then lose them on a free… when the alternative is c£20m and no wages for a year (so a few more £m). And I don’t think Berrada/Ashworth/Jim would think the financial alternatives work either.

Good guy but if not extending his contract (I wouldn’t) we need to take the cash.

Depends on the offer coming in.. I think he still has a lot of value as an impact sub, stand out value which we dont have in the squad if he leaves.. Losing of replacing that would also cost us money/points, so if the offer isnt substantial or if the offer isnt an enabler for bringing in a higher need, then Id rather keep him and leave with a handshake on a free after this season..

He still has a plus one left after this year.

I understand people’s reluctance to offer out new contracts to players who’ve had one decent season. But if we’re not getting the money we want for him this year, then why not keep him and see if he can replicate his super sub season next year?

If he does why would you not sign up a squad player who’s happy with limited minutes, an average salary, and gives you 10 goals a season? He doesn’t have to play DM and he doesn’t have to start.
Problem is we need the money to buy someone who'd play a far more important role than just a luxury sub to give you 10 goals. We now have two strikers as well.

Technically there are 2 years left. We have the option to extend by a year.

suspect we will get amrabat back .. along with one more signing which looks like ugarte.
Then mainoo, ugrate, amrabat for two positions. Plus some one from academy as well.

I still find it hard to believe we’d bring Amrabat back, the manager hardly picked him last season until the last few games. He’s also being linked to Fenerbahce a lot and that seems more likely as I’m sure he wants to play regularly.

He's got a weird style of play, why is he around?

Status
Not open for further replies.