Mbappe accused of rape at nightclub

You take the radical step of asking them if they want to have sex.

The point of the law is that the emphasis is on obtaining ethusiastic consent, without assumption. "They didn't say no" isn't a defence, as it would be under other laws. But it will still typically comes down to what people say happened and what other people believe happened, just as in any other jurisdiction.
A lot can go wrong with regards to one party wanting to be vindictive if they're no longer together etc. You pretty much have to just trust the person you're with but even then people change. There's just so much that can go wrong but I understand why it's necessary.
A bit like Denmark where we have mitid, you swipe on an App on your smartphone otherwise encrypted by the state that you agree to consensual sex.

No seriously this was actual talking point in politics a few years ago. No idea what's happening in Sweden. No one should be convicted on your word against mine.
The argument with that would be if the person is in a state to give consent. Obtaining/giving consent is a must but there's a lot that can depend solely on one person's words against the other. It's a fine line.

Not really. You just don't have sex with someone when they don't want you to, stop having sex with someone when indicate they want to stop, and don't assume that because they're consenting to one thing they're consenting to everything. It's not rocket science.
You know exactly what I mean. People can make innocent mistakes in an intimate moment, not everyone is a rapist. Throw in some alcohol and young people could very easily end up in a lot of trouble, you need to be 100% on the ball for every moment of your life at this point.

Im not really sure there exists a manager: player ratio of sexual misdemeanours.

Rape is a different game, but adultery has to be rife
Young, fit and filthy rich boys and men in a macho environment it's 100% the norm and being faithful is probably an outlier

I guess people are basing these posts mostly on hearsay. I doubt the law is as vague and dangerous as portrayed in this thread.
It's a strange one, legally consent is generally well(or fairly) defined it's basically a free agreement that isn't based on coercion and without impaired abilities. Now the issue with free agreement in the context of a nightclub is that you can't give free agreement while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, if one party regretted their one night stand by the letter of the law, they could claim that they weren't in a position to consent and press charges. Now as far as I know, I don't think that there are many precedents, what is likely to happen is that the accused party will eventually walk free but with a tarnished reputation.

Young, fit and filthy rich boys and men in a macho environment it's 100% the norm and being faithful is probably an outlier
And having thousands if not millions of girls throwing themselves at them. On top of just being able to say they've been there.

Last edited:
Not really. You just don't have sex with someone when they don't want you to, stop having sex with someone when indicate they want to stop, and don't assume that because they're consenting to one thing they're consenting to everything. It's not rocket science.
Sure it's normally implicit, but some people are suggesting consent has to be explicitly sought in Sweden. A lot of scenarios then sound Partridge-esque: 'do you consent to me having penetrative sex with you?'

Sure it's normally implicit, but some people are suggesting consent has to be explicitly sought in Sweden. A lot of scenarios then sound Partridge-esque: 'do you consent to me having penetrative sex with you?'
That is sweden…

I actually had a meeting a few years ago where that question was literally advised. Later when discussing that topic in a private setting all the women said that it would be a turnoff and creepy.

There is such a thing as consenting, but regretting it later. It's very hard to prove that there was consent in such a case.
People don't go around accusing other people of rape because they regretted something

People don't go around accusing other people of rape because they regretted something
Actually its happened quite a lot
Its not rape though and rape also happens a lot

It was my understanding in the lift, that no money would change hands.

It happens, it's one of the reason behind some false accusations. Though as far as I know, it's also linked to someone else reacting to it shaming, mocking, criticizing and things of that nature.

I actually know someone that did that but she quickly told the truth.

It happens, it's one of the reason behind some false accusations. Though as far as I know, it's also linked to someone else reacting to it shaming, mocking, criticizing and things of that nature.

I actually know someone that did that but she quickly told the truth.
Put yourself through an invasive medical check up, a police interrogation, potentially a lenghty legal process, likely on "he said/she said" basis, open yourself potentially to a suit or countersuit, all because you regretted having sex with someone? I'm sure it happens, there's 8 billion people and some of them are that mentally unwell. I'm also quite sure the number of such cases, especially going anywhere without the accuser quickly confessing they're making it up, is about as frequent as spotting unicorns

Pretty much every study ever conducted came to the conclusion that actual false rape accusations are incredibly rare

I actually had a meeting a few years ago where that question was literally advised. Later when discussing that topic in a private setting all the women said that it would be a turnoff and creepy.
I can imagine. It sounds so clinical and jarring.

Is this the time we change the title to "Mbappe rape allegations, but mostly PSG conspiracies and Swedish intercourse laws" ?

Is this the time we change the title to "Mbappe rape allegations, but mostly PSG conspiracies and Swedish intercourse laws" ?
As we know essentially nothing about the actual incident it's the only thing we can discuss here :lol:

You know exactly what I mean. People can make innocent mistakes in an intimate moment, not everyone is a rapist. Throw in some alcohol and young people could very easily end up in a lot of trouble, you need to be 100% on the ball for every moment of your life at this point.
Yes
A bit surprised with how many people seem to think it's hard to know that the person you are sleeping with it consents to it. I have lived in Sweden all my life and I have never ever had problems knowing that the person I'm sleeping with wants to sleep with me.
I always find it weird when people find the topic of consent "difficult" or "complicated", but maybe I've just been lucky with my partners (i.e. @Snowjoe)
I guess people are basing these posts mostly on hearsay. I doubt the law is as vague and dangerous as portrayed in this thread.
I would imagine so.
Conversely, there's ways of asking for explicit consent throughout the act that aren't a turn-off or creepy, asking for affirmation and so on. Of course if you put it in the terms "do you agree to my erect penis penetrating you?", it's a turn-off.

Put yourself through an invasive medical check up, a police interrogation, potentially a lenghty legal process, likely on "he said/she said" basis, open yourself potentially to a suit or countersuit, all because you regretted having sex with someone? I'm sure it happens, there's 8 billion people and some of them are that mentally unwell. I'm also quite sure the number of such cases, especially going anywhere without the accuser quickly confessing they're making it up, is about as frequent as spotting unicorns

Pretty much every study ever conducted came to the conclusion that actual false rape accusations are incredibly rare

Most false accustions don't involve medical check up, police interrogation or any lenghty legal process.

Now I find your last sentence interesting, how is the rate of false rape accusations determined? Rape itself is difficult to prove which makes prosecution difficult, so how anyone determines that a false accusation is incredibly rare?

Conversely, there's ways of asking for explicit consent throughout the act that aren't a turn-off or creepy, asking for affirmation and so on. Of course if you put it in the terms "do you agree to my erect penis penetrating you?", it's a turn-off.

Of course, the point was about the formal questions which are somehow advised but are actually counterproductive. Truth be told I have never had any of the issues that people often mention, innuendos, flirting and reprocity work for nearly everyone. At least that's my experience.

Most false accustions don't involve medical check up, police interrogation or any lenghty legal process.
Because they get dismissed immediately out of hand, because there's no evidence of wrong doing and the accuser's story is not believable
Now I find your last sentence interesting, how is the rate of false rape accusations determined? Rape itself is difficult to prove which makes prosecution difficult, so how anyone determines that a false accusation is incredibly rare?
www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684.amp

not quite as rare as I remembered :(

@giorno whats the news out of Madrid?
We've established that giorno is a fake Madrileño recently. I can tell you it's been an unfashionably rainy day here.
Of course, the point was about the formal questions which are somehow advised but are actually counterproductive. Truth be told I have never had any of the issues that people often mention, innuendos, flirting and reprocity work for nearly everyone. At least that's my experience.
Same here, yeah. I mean with the women I've been, there have been some for various reasons (cultural, notably) who found it slightly strange that I would ask these things, but never to the point where it was a turn-off.

Same here, yeah. I mean with the women I've been, there have been some for various reasons (cultural, notably) who found it slightly strange that I would ask these things, but never to the point where it was a turn-off.

On that I did had a woman ask me if I was gay when after flirting with her friend I decided to not go further because we were both drunk. I know that this one is weird for a lot of people.

Last edited:
This actually happens frequently. I've worked as a corrections officer for many years and you'd be surprised to know how many are in custody for months or even years for being falsely accused. It isn't usually because the accuser regrets having sex, but it has happened because they have felt extreme shame or have been under the influence of drugs and consented to things they may not have done sober.