Mbappe accused of rape at nightclub

Yes because the rulers of middle Eastern dictatorships never take things personally and never engage in nefarious retribution. And you do realize they don't actually have to "stage a rape" whatever that means a few brown envelopes to start a smear campaign would be damaging in itself.

Give your own head a wobble pettle.

Generalisation of all middle eastern leaders is a bit wild. But even then the mental gymnastics on display here is silly.

A few brown envelopes to whom exactly? The women who was either raped by somebody else or that he actually slept with consensually? And they managed to figure it out between Thursday and Saturday and get it all done. Come on mate

I guess I am not really familiar what these private club rooms are like, nor would i want to be....but how does this happen without someone stopping it. Supposedly, there are a few witnesses? How can they corroborate without seeing it. I guess maybe if there was a layout of the place I would understand more...I dont know why she would not get help but after the fact corroboration. Also, I was under the distinct impression Mbappe was gay....not that this would be dismiss the possibility.

That's some batshit scenarios to come up with.

The plausible one would be that they knew he'd feck off to Sweden, and unless he booked it last minute it's not exactly unlikely they would've known. Then they'd happily pay off a woman to approach him in hope of sleeping with him so that claims can be made.

It's still a stretch, by any imagination.
Its still not plausible and it is unlikely they would have known what nightclub he was visiting and got the women to the same one that night. The mental gymnastics here is wild.

Lets just hope either there was no rape or if there was one he was not involved

Its still not plausible and it is unlikely they would have known what nightclub he was visiting and got the women to the same one that night. The mental gymnastics here is wild.

Lets just hope either there was no rape or if there was one he was not involved

Why wouldn't they know which nightclub he was visiting? Seems like the least problematic thing to find out. It would be more problematic to get her in a room with him, but if she's attractive enough it shouldn't be all that problematic. The only real stretch would be what they actually have to gain from it, it's not like a PR disaster helps them in the mucho $$$ case.

You’re insane.

So they worked out he would be in Sweden then figured out he would sleep with a particular women then they got her to cry rape all in of space of a few days?

Or they figured out a women got raped then got the press to say Mbappe is a person of interest again all in the space of a few days?

There isn’t really a scenario that is plausable for their invovlement for 1. Not to mention that getting caught for such a thing would cost them a lot more than 100m
Oh I'm not saying it happened, just that it's not the craziest thing especially as Mbappe instantly accused them of it. We don't even know if a rape happened, just that there is an investigation and mbappe is one of the suspects, not even the main suspect. Lots of unknowns here.

And let's not forget who their owners are, and how they are very clearly upset with how mbappe is treating them. They have done far more than orchestrate putting his name up as a suspect for a potential rape, for a lot less than being sued for 55m as someone else put above (in addition to mbappe holding them by the balls the past few years)

Its still not plausible.

True. I don't see any reason why they'd know he was going to be in Sweden. On top of that they know he's going to say yes to sleeping whichever woman they find and know which club he's going to be in? They can also find such a woman easily, do they have people there in case something like this comes up? Some sort of worldwide network of false accusers they can call on at any time? They'd also need to know the first woman they approached to do this would agree to it without reporting them.

Not plausible at all.

Why wouldn't they know which nightclub he was visiting? Seems like the least problematic thing to find out. It would be more problematic to get her in a room with him, but if she's attractive enough it shouldn't be all that problematic. The only real stretch would be what they actually have to gain from it, it's not like a PR disaster helps them in the mucho $$$ case.
Erm ok

Oh I'm not saying it happened, just that it's not the craziest thing especially as Mbappe instantly accused them of it. We don't even know if a rape happened, just that there is an investigation and mbappe is one of the suspects, not even the main suspect. Lots of unknowns here.
It is the craziest thing actually.

I guess I am not really familiar what these private club rooms are like, nor would i want to be....but how does this happen without someone stopping it.
Swedish law has become extremely strict in that regard. If he can't prove that it was consensual and that she wanted (everything!) he did, he can be in trouble. It's absolutely possible that they started having sex in a consensual way and then he did something that was too much for her liking. That's not necessarily a scenario where somebody would pay attention in detail or think about stopping it, when he just witnessed how happy both were when they started.

Swedish law has become extremely strict in that regard. If he can't prove that it was consensual and that she wanted (everything!) he did, he can be in trouble. It's absolutely possible that they started having sex in a consensual way and then he did something that was too much for her liking. That's not necessarily a scenario where somebody would pay attention in detail or think about stopping it, when he just witnessed how happy both were when they started.

Yup. He can easily be in a world of trouble here

It is the craziest thing actually.
It really isn't. This is a regime that kills a lot of people for a huge variety of reasons. Trying to defame someone is nothing for them, if this is to be the case. Not gonna assume either way until we know more. As of now, like I said, he's not the main suspect so we shouldn't assume things one way or the other.

Being a young person has to be such a nightmare these days.

Can see why Ferguson always wanted players who were married young and had families, helped mitigate the risk of something like this happening a bit.

Not going to comment on the actual situation, as we don't know any details.

I feel like a disproportionate part of these cases happen in Sweden, but only Assange comes to mind at the moment.

Can see why Ferguson always wanted players who were married young and had families, helped mitigate the risk of something like this happening a bit.

Not going to comment on the actual situation, as we don't know any details.

Went well with Giggs

Being a young person has to be such a nightmare these days.

Not really. You just don't have sex with someone when they don't want you to, stop having sex with someone when indicate they want to stop, and don't assume that because they're consenting to one thing they're consenting to everything. It's not rocket science.

Not really. You just don't have sex with someone when they don't want you to, stop having sex with someone when indicate they want to stop, and don't assume that because they're consenting to one thing they're consenting to everything. It's not rocket science.

Also, as Mendy experienced, it's not a bad idea to film everything.

These type of allegations just don't stick to footballers.

There could be a player who can't travel to another country, another who has audio evidence of the act, another who has a dozen or so women accusing him but the allegations/cases just seem to bounce off them.

So what's the safest approach here if you're having sex in Sweden? You record the person saying it's okay during foreplay?

Also true.

The only actual thing that people can and should have always done is to not have casual sex or one night stands. Most men and women are honest but a small minority will falsely accuse men while an other small minority will commit all sorts of depraved acts on women. The only way to highly mitigate both is to vet people you hang out with and ultimately may have sex with.

So what's the safest approach here if you're having sex in Sweden? You record the person saying it's okay during foreplay?

You take the radical step of asking them if they want to have sex.

The point of the law is that the emphasis is on obtaining ethusiastic consent, without assumption. "They didn't say no" isn't a defence, as it would be under other laws. But it will still typically comes down to what people say happened and what other people believe happened, just as in any other jurisdiction.

A bit like Denmark where we have mitid, you swipe on an App on your smartphone otherwise encrypted by the state that you agree to consensual sex.

No seriously this was actual talking point in politics a few years ago. No idea what's happening in Sweden. No one should be convicted on your word against mine.

You take the radical step of asking them if they want to have sex.

The point of the law is that the emphasis is on obtaining ethusiastic consent, without assumption. "They didn't say no" isn't a defence, as it would be under other laws. But it will still typically comes down to what people say happened and what other people believe happened, just as in any other jurisdiction.

It obviously puts an emphasis on getting consent, but it’s never really changed how problematic he/she said cases actually are. Also, at any point you can say stop.

A bit surprised with how many people seem to think it's hard to know that the person you are sleeping with it consents to it. I have lived in Sweden all my life and I have never ever had problems knowing that the person I'm sleeping with wants to sleep with me.

A bit surprised with how many people seem to think it's hard to know that the person you are sleeping with it consents to it. I have lived in Sweden all my life and I have never ever had problems knowing that the person I'm sleeping with wants to sleep with me.

Who seems to think that it’s hard to know if they have consent or not?

I guess people are basing these posts mostly on hearsay. I doubt the law is as vague and dangerous as portrayed in this thread.

There is such a thing as consenting, but regretting it later. It's very hard to prove that there was consent in such a case.