Mbappe accused of rape at nightclub

So just from what I've seen on Reddit, it does look like the alleged rape took place in the hotel Mbappe was at and so he is *a* suspect. That's about it. His name is being slandered by the media because he stayed at a hotel where a rape happened, and Mbappes claim is that PSG is behind the media to slander him.

Yeah this just seems scummy from the media if this is to be the case, too early to say either way but so far nothing is even against him so it's unfair to accuse him of anything yet

Last edited:
So just from what I've seen on Reddit, it does look like the alleged rape took place in the hotel Mbappe was at and so he is *a* suspect. That's about it. His name is being slandered by the media because he stayed at a hotel where a rape happened, and Mbappes claim is that PSG is behind the media to slander him.

Yeah this just seems scummy from the media if this is to be the case, too early to say either way but so far nothing is even against him so it's unfair to accuse him of anything yet
That doesn't make sense, you can't be a suspect just because you have stayed at the same hotel. There must be more to it.

That doesn't make sense, you can't be a suspect just because you have stayed at the same hotel. There must be more to it.
But it does make sense. If a rape happened, but the victim couldn't clearly see who attacked her, then everybody is a low-level suspect who was in the building at the time (or whatever the smallest area is that could be clearly monitored, probably depends on security footage, maybe they can narrow it down to "everybody who was at the floor" or something like that) and the police needs to identify which of the guys there actually did it.

But it does make sense. If a rape happened, but the victim couldn't clearly see who attacked her, then everybody is a low-level suspect who was in the building at the time (or whatever the smallest area is that could be clearly monitored, probably depends on security footage, maybe they can narrow it down to "everybody who was at the floor" or something like that) and the police needs to identify which of the guys there actually did it.
If it is because he was on the same floor at the same time , he might be a person of interest. My issue with the previous post was naming him a "suspect" because he was staying at the same hotel. Suspect is quite strong qualification and carries reputational damages as well, for high profile individuals.

You’re insane.

So they worked out he would be in Sweden then figured out he would sleep with a particular women then they got her to cry rape all in of space of a few days?

Or they figured out a women got raped then got the press to say Mbappe is a person of interest again all in the space of a few days?

There isn’t really a scenario that is plausable for their invovlement for 1. Not to mention that getting caught for such a thing would cost them a lot more than 100m
The thing is, it does sound very tin foil hat and I think it's unlikely, but Mbappe has literally pissed off a nation state. That's the level we are at in football now.

You have the UAE (aka City) taking on the EPL overtly through excessive legal actions.

I think it's improbably Qatar (PSG) have sanctioned an espionage missiona against Mbappe, but it isn't impossible. You can't rule out the possibly when considering the resources of a state against one individual.

If it is because he was on the same floor at the same time , he might be a person of interest. My issue with the previous post was naming him a "suspect" because he was staying at the same hotel. Suspect is quite strong qualification and carries reputational damages as well, for high profile individuals.
As said earlier in this thread the Swedish police operates with different "levels" of suspects and Mbappe is considered the (second) lowest. Which would be why Swedish media don't really cared about the story, only foreign media who might not be aware of this distinction.

I struggle to believe Mbappe would stay in a low class hotel which has no full CCTV coverage. At least on the alley surrounding the premises, which should pretty much narrowed down the suspect

I struggle to believe Mbappe would stay in a low class hotel which has no full CCTV coverage. At least on the alley surrounding the premises, which should pretty much narrowed down the suspect
That works the other way round as well: It would narrow it down to very few suspects and Mbappe could be one of them. It's a reasonable assumption for me. I don't think he would be one of hundred possible people, but more like one of three or something of that sample size.

During his PSG career, his club went as far as hiring hackers to create fake accounts on all social media platforms just to slander him so I definitely understand his suspicion of them. Specially when there is currently a legal battle between him and PSG for unpaid wages

PSG management cleaning the streets one scumbag at a time.
ade89580-5fda-4fc6-9223-1a13525e5088_text.gif

The thing is, it does sound very tin foil hat and I think it's unlikely, but Mbappe has literally pissed off a nation state. That's the level we are at in football now.

You have the UAE (aka City) taking on the EPL overtly through excessive legal actions.

I think it's improbably Qatar (PSG) have sanctioned an espionage missiona against Mbappe, but it isn't impossible. You can't rule out the possibly when considering the resources of a state against one individual.
Can you name another non middle eastern individual the Qatar regime have gone after like this?

You are talking about something that could cause major political discourse

So latest news is that he admits sexual relations, says there was consent and that the text messages he received afterwards also confirms it.

Incels assemble.
It’s quite ridiculous that people who argue for more protection for men’s rights during and after sexual acts are labeled as ‘incels’.

Every sane person in the world should be of the opinion that merely a woman’s word without further evidence shouldn’t be able to ruin a man’s life. Right now it does.

Accused of rape by a woman, according to information relayed by the Swedish press, Kylian Mbappé had a sexual relationship, which he considers consensual, during his stay in Stockholm. The French striker has an exchange of written text messages with this young woman after their moment of intimacy.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...ors-de-sa-viree-en-suede_AV-202410170254.html
Ok so that’s another piece in the puzzle. So much for him just being under suspicion for being in the same hotel. Now it’s his word against hers. I guess they need witnesses or camera footage

Ok so that’s another piece in the puzzle. So much for him just being under suspicion for being in the same hotel. Now it’s his word against hers. I guess they need witnesses or camera footage

Well, i suppose that depends on the validity of the text message claims.

It’s quite ridiculous that people who argue for more protection for men’s rights during and after sexual acts are labeled as ‘incels’.

Every sane person in the world should be of the opinion that merely a woman’s word without further evidence shouldn’t be able to ruin a man’s life. Right now it does.
Such as when?

Men's rights sure.. but women's rights too. If the system was so slanted in the women's favour why is it that men are convicted at a minute rate as a result of a rape charge? So let's not pretend things are on their side. Most of the women do not even end up reporting knowing the conviction rate is so low.

That doesn't mean there are no false accusations levelled.

We need the press to stay out of to be honest.

Such as when?

Well we had a whole Metoo thing where innocent men were accused and had much of their social life ruined by bandwagoners who hopped on the train when brave women who had actually been sexually assaulted and harassed dared to step into the daylight and tell their stories.

Men's rights sure.. but women's rights too. If the system was so slanted in the women's favour why is it that men are convicted at a minute rate as a result of a rape charge? So let's not pretend things are on their side. Most of the women do not even end up reporting knowing the conviction rate is so low.
Sweden changed that which massively increased the sexual assault cases. It stands to reason that before the change many women had the problems you mention, but now it's easier for men to become victims of false accusation there than it was before (or still is in most other countries).

It took a few pages but we're finally firmly on men are oppressed these days territory.

It should be possible to have a sensible debate on a complex problem, and being able to recognize what are downsides, without resorting to stuff like this

It should be possible to have a sensible debate on a complex problem, and being able to recognize what are downsides, without resorting to stuff like this
Well in that case those who want to have this discussion should maybe provide some sources to support their claims, instead of just saying it happens and something about Swedish law that isn’t explained any bit further.
Especially due to the complexity of the matter. I might have missed some posts about it. But as far as I’m concerned, neither has happened so far. So I don’t see any base for this discussion.

Well, there’s large variations of laws from country to country, so yes? But it’s not as if it’s easy to get someone convicted of rape anyway, and you’d certainly hope that the number of false claims are few and far far between.

Well in that case those who want to have this discussion should maybe provide some sources to support their claims, instead of just saying it happens and something about Swedish law that isn’t explained any bit further.
Especially due to the complexity of the matter. I might have missed some posts about it. But as far as I’m concerned, neither has happened so far. So I don’t see any base for this discussion.

I mean, we have strict and wide laws about rape in Norway, but there’s still quite a few cases that were purely based on he said she said where the claim was clearly wrong. I’ve already linked to a few in this thread. This one was quite big at the time:https://www.nrk.no/vestland/drosjesjafor-frikjent-for-voldtekt-etter-ni-ar_-1.14001829

As far as Sweden goes, i personally think their definitions have brought them to the opposite side of the table where in he said she said cases the emphasis is on whoever is accused to argue consent was given. For cases with no other evidence, there’s only the accusation and one saying there was consent when the other one says no consent was given, i think that’s a dangerous path to be walking. Their original law was flawed in terms of having to prove threats etc.

Hardly saying it’s difficult to be a man, i’m just generally skeptical towards convictions made in cases that are purely about who seems to have the most plausible story and there’s no other evidence.

The medias job is to report, that's exactly what they have done.

The medias job is to report, that's exactly what they have done.
Does French media report on every alleged rape case in Sweden and its suspects on their front pages?

Names should be kept out of the media and trials should be held in court without any prejudice, both from the general public and especially the judge.

Is that a serious question?
See my edit. Bringing up Mbappe's name is nothing more than sensationalism and totally unnecessary at this point of the entire investigation.

That doesn't mean there are no false accusations levelled.

We need the press to stay out of to be honest.

No one is arguing against women’s rights. In fact, arguing for women’s rights is trendy, popular and part of daily conversation. I’m not challenging this either.
Merely pointing out that it should not come at the expense of men’s rights. And even here in this forum those arguing for men’s rights are labeled as incels, and we need to drop that mentality. Men’s rights are important, and far too often ignored.

Such as when?

A mere accusation regardless of conviction has already ruined countless lives. Have you slept under a rock the last 10 years?

The whole #metoo movement was a movement where men lost their jobs, reputation, custody of children, and sometimes were convicted merely on the basis of a woman’s word. Now every few months you’ll see another article pop up of someone who was wrongly jailed during this movement.

Dropping the notion that you’re innocent until proven guilty is against the foundation of western society. Let’s not make exceptions just because it’s trendy to be a fighter for women’s rights. The balance has shifted far in favour of women today, and I’m surprised even on a football forum people are so oblivious to the lack of protection for men.