Mbappe accused of rape at nightclub

See my edit. Bringing up Mbappe's name is nothing more than sensationalism and totally unnecessary at this point of the entire investigation.
Mbappe being accused of rape is certainly newsworthy and any reporter worth his salt would report this.
It would only be questionable if they started making up stories.

As far as I know the estimated rate of false accusations is anywhere between 2% and 10%. It's quite obviously not the norm or the first thing that people should consider when these type of cases arise but it's also not that rare.

In general unless we have access to video or audio elements, the public shouldn't speculate too much. Take note and let the justice do its work.

Mbappe being accused of rape is certainly newsworthy and any reporter worth his salt would report this.
Yeah okay, I agree it's certainly news worthy for a high profile guy like Mbappe.

Just hate it when media starts to hold their own investigations, make up their own allegations, look for witnesses, ... Happens way too often, in Belgium at least. Sometimes people are already convicted and spat out by the public before a trial has even taken place. Just stick to the facts and let the police, justice department, basically the entire legal system do its job in serenity.

Yeah okay, I agree it's certainly news worthy for a high profile guy like Mbappe.

Just hate it when media starts to hold their own investigations, make up their own allegations, look for witnesses, ... Happens way too often, in Belgium at least. Sometimes people are already convicted and spat out by the public before a trial has even taken place. Just stick to the facts and let the police, justice department, basically the entire legal system do its job in serenity.

That's fair. Like I said, as long as they report the facts and nothing more I think it's fine.

As far as I know the estimated rate of false accusations is anywhere between 2% and 10%. It's quite obviously not the norm or the first thing that people should consider when these type of cases arise but it's also not that rare.

In general unless we have access to video or audio elements, the public shouldn't speculate too much. Take note and let the justice do its work.
Agreed. Only time will tell. Having said that, if he's innocent, it takes a special kind of stupid for players to still keep sleeping with girls they don't know.

after what happened with Mendy in the end, it's probably for the best not to even have this thread open at all. no one knows shit at this stage, what kind of discussion could we possibly have?

That's the thing though, Mbappe is saying he is not being accused or investigated of rape and it's just a slanderous rumor. And even the article is nothing more than speculation that he is a suspect, rather than him actually being investigated. It's a big difference and one that for someone high profile like him, irresponsible to spread

after what happened with Mendy in the end, it's probably for the best not to even have this thread open at all. no one knows shit at this stage, what kind of discussion could we possibly have?

Isn’t part of the problem with the Mendy case that the assumption was that he was guilty, simply because he was charged and there was a trial, until the prosecutors case completely collapsed

Isn’t part of the problem with the Mendy case that the assumption was that he was guilty, simply because he was charged and there was a trial, until the prosecutors case completely collapsed

it is, that's why I said it. he's a dumb footballer so obviously he must be dumb enough to rape someone as well. the simple truth is, people know shit. you can't assume anything means you also can't write anything on the case.

That's the thing though, Mbappe is saying he is not being accused or investigated of rape and it's just a slanderous rumor. And even the article is nothing more than speculation that he is a suspect, rather than him actually being investigated. It's a big difference and one that for someone high profile like him, irresponsible to spread

The swedish newspapers are reporting it. And there is clearly a investigation going on as was confirmed to swedish media by the victims lawyer.
Whether or not he is guilty is a different matter, but they are absolutely reporting on a existing case.

Sweden changed that which massively increased the sexual assault cases. It stands to reason that before the change many women had the problems you mention, but now it's easier for men to become victims of false accusation there than it was before (or still is in most other countries).

It's still incredibly hard to convict rapists in Sweden, there's no "had".

The swedish newspapers are reporting it. And there is clearly a investigation going on as was confirmed to swedish media by the victims lawyer.
Whether or not he is guilty is a different matter, but they are absolutely reporting on a existing case.
There is an investigation into a rape yes. Who is is against is unknown. Speculating that is is one of the most famous athletes in the world who did it without any information that he is actually being investigated is click bait sensationalism, and that's why Mbappes lawyers are preparing to sue for defamation...

Sweden changed that which massively increased the sexual assault cases. It stands to reason that before the change many women had the problems you mention, but now it's easier for men to become victims of false accusation there than it was before (or still is in most other countries).
Yes, I heard Sweden had a rather different approach on this. I don't know of a good solution here to be honest. I think it's such an under reported crime, and has a poor conviction rate that so many offenders get off. While there are some getting falsely accused which is despicable as well.

I don't know why the media has to be notified. I understand the suspect could commit another rape in the meantime, but generally, the threat of an active case should in theory be enough to dissuade I think. For both the potential.victim and offender, I would rather all this stuff stay out of the public's eye. We on the redcafe to be honest do not need to know about it. We do live in an age where it is hard to keep stuff offline though....

It’s quite ridiculous that people who argue for more protection for men’s rights during and after sexual acts are labeled as ‘incels’.

Every sane person in the world should be of the opinion that merely a woman’s word without further evidence shouldn’t be able to ruin a man’s life. Right now it does.
No it does not. Classic, wrong, misogynist and frankly extremely easy to debunk talking point. (One that so called incels presumably fall for)

No it does not. Classic, wrong, misogynist and frankly extremely easy to debunk talking point. (One that so called incels presumably fall for)
It at least drags their name through the mud and makes people question them.

7 pages here on something that could be totally fictional.

It could also be true and proven with evidence but now the cats out the bag and people will use it either way.

Yes, I heard Sweden had a rather different approach on this. I don't know of a good solution here to be honest. I think it's such an under reported crime, and has a poor conviction rate that so many offenders get off. While there are some getting falsely accused which is despicable as well.

I don't know why the media has to be notified. I understand the suspect could commit another rape in the meantime, but generally, the threat of an active case should in theory be enough to dissuade I think. For both the potential.victim and offender, I would rather all this stuff stay out of the public's eye. We on the redcafe to be honest do not need to know about it. We do live in an age where it is hard to keep stuff offline though....

The media hasn't been notified, that's the interesting part about this. Neither the police, the prosecution or the alleged lawyer of the victim named anyone.

There we go again, name calling is for the weak. People’s lives are ruined without going through the process of law by someone who has the convenience of remaining anonymous. Unless you don’t believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty, you have no argument. This has nothing to do with misogyny but of course I’m not surprised you had to resort to that level.

Story is very confusing...first it was at a private club...then a hotel. There was apparently a consensual encounter that Marca is describing. It's allover the place for me. Where there two different women? The press is completely speculating I feel.