2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
But Maguire makes plenty of mistakes as well so I'd start De Ligt and see how he goes after a run of games in the team.
Maguire had 1 nightmare season and rest of his time here he was probably our best CB (admittedly the bar isn’t high but still)

Maguire had 1 nightmare season and rest of his time here he was probably our best CB (admittedly the bar isn’t high but still)
1 nightmare season and a bunch of bad ones sums it up really nicely for Maguire.

Maybe 1 nightmare season but still had plenty of mistakes in the other seasons as all of our CBs have due to very little midfield cover.

Knifes are out already for the lad, ffs getting fed up with this crap now.

I’ve literally just had this conversation with a friend, it’s absolutely ridiculous how now all of a sudden he’s a meme and laughing stock. This is how it’s going to be now with every error he makes.. and due to being on eggshells, he will make them. Maguire all over again. Playing for United just seems horrible.

More scrutiny than any other club in the world.

I love the caf, but it's become ridiculously toxic in recent times. Players get crapped on relentlessly over every little thing.

It's been decided Zirkzee is shit after......*checks notes *.....making one start for us. Already won us one match, but he had a poor game against Liverpool so that's his career written off.

De ligt has barely kicked a ball for us either, but he made some mistake in an international game so that's all the evidence that's needed - crap player, shite signing.

Ugarte is about the only player left at the club that hasn't been roundly shit on yet, but it'll happen.

I love the caf, but it's become ridiculously toxic in recent times. Players get crapped on relentlessly over every little thing.

It's been decided Zirkzee is shit after......*checks notes *.....making one start for us. Already won us one match, but he had a poor game against Liverpool so that's his career written off.

De ligt has barely kicked a ball for us either, but he made some mistake in an international game so that's all the evidence that's needed - crap player, shite signing.

Ugarte is about the only player left at the club that hasn't been roundly shit on yet, but it'll happen.

The caf is just getting ridiculous, especially after a draw or a defeat. Sometimes I hate this place. What happened to: we stand behind and protect our lads? We did it with Beckham, Cantona and Ronaldo: we stood by them. Why is the modern fanbase so toxic?

have the ones criticizing him even seen his "huge" mistake? its a misplaced pass in a situation where he didnt have ideal passing options and then a lot happens before the goal is scored including some questionable defending from caf darling van dyke... if anything it was 'bout to happen after the statman dave stat posted in here .. so be happy he got the jinx out of the system on internationals and not here.. stop being so negative about everything people ... its really a chore reading the caf nowadays ..

Last edited:
The caf is just getting ridiculous, especially after a draw or a defeat. Sometimes I hate this place. What happened to: we stand behind and protect our lads? We did it with Beckham, Cantona and Ronaldo: we stood by them. Why is the modern fanbase so toxic?

I avoid this place for days after a bad result, it is just relentless wallowing in misery and tearing down anyone who dares to suggest that we might be overreacting. So far as MDL is concerned, I feel bad for him that he had a crappy international break but I honestly don't care about the Netherlands national team. If he plays for us like he has for most of his club career he will do a good job.

A few comments that were made in the period that Zirkzee was on the pitch as a subsitution and before he scored his debut goal against Fullham

Can see why Zirkzee was behind Weghorst for the national team
Is Zirkee a striker? You wouldn’t know.
Not at all impressed with Zirkzee today. He's been lazy. Not pressing and not making runs in the box
Zirkzee just jogging around. Show some urgency. Looking like Martial out there.
Zirkzee looks like a poor man’s Lukaku. He looks slow

So i agree that it is ridiculous to write off players before they even played 10 games but im not suprised that some people already concluded that de Ligt is a crap signing.

I like Maguire and he’s largely underrated but this is complete nonsense. Martinez was levels above and remains so.

Defensively, Martínez has never been even close to Maguire's levels. His biggest value is what he provides in possession.

Yawn... If it is such a struggle to read things, don't bother to. Apart from that, posts like that aren't in any way a better read than the ones slagging off players. It is what it is, whining isn't going to help with that. And if you guys really think, times have changed so much, then I recommend looking into O'shea or Brown threads from years ago.

Just ignore people who want to look knowledgable or strict or whatever by slagging off players. Just like I should do with posts like this from people who like the image of being great fans.

It is obviously idiotic to overreact after one bad scene. Spending time on explaining why thats dumb is only adding energy into something that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

He will be fine, honestly the media destroy lads. I may be in the minority but I thought he was good against Liverpool and deserves a few games to cement his place.

I see no point in signing De Ligt or Yoro to keep playing Maguire.

Knives out nice and early. Not that it is a surprise, a very difficult club to come into at the moment.

Both Martinez and De Ligt seem to be out of form. They can get a run of games now.

He needs a performance to quieten media down

He barely moved here and played less than 90 minutes with us, why would he need "a performance"? The british media will try to destroy any United player, especially if he's foreign. It's up to fans whether to listen to the ridiculous over the board criticism or not. He didn't play that bad, he started the game against Liverpool very well.

It’s social media culture. Everyone’s a keyboard warrior and wants to create memes and get likes. Easy money after a defeat.
I actually don’t mind the caf in the sense of letting fans vent after a bad match, at least it’s more insular, whereas Twitter or whatever is basically advertising criticism of our club to the world for likes etc.
And don’t get me started on the likes of United Stand and United Peoples YouTube with their incredibly clickbait videos.

Yeah because he is far above him
Nonsense but Kneejerk cafe never fails to provide.

Martínez has some good defensive qualities, but he's not in the same tier as Maguire. Just the physical superiority of the latter confirms it. Yes, Martínez is often good with his proactivity, has good timing, can improvise very smartly in some situations where his physicality is lacking, but overall defensively? Maguire is streets ahead but that's not a slight on Martínez. And on the ball, it's the other way around.

Martínez has some good defensive qualities, but he's not in the same tier as Maguire. Just the physical superiority of the latter confirms it. Yes, Martínez is often good with his proactivity, has good timing, can improvise very smartly in some situations where his physicality is lacking, but overall defensively? Maguire is streets ahead but that's not a slight on Martínez. And on the ball, it's the other way around.

Are you ok?

Are you sure you've not got the names all mixed up

Yes, Harry Maguire is a significantly better centre half than Lisandro Martínez. It's not even a debate.
It‘s not a debate, Maguire moves like a tractor. Martinez is a better defender and a better passer.

He barely moved here and played less than 90 minutes with us, why would he need "a performance"? The british media will try to destroy any United player, especially if he's foreign. It's up to fans whether to listen to the ridiculous over the board criticism or not. He didn't play that bad, he started the game against Liverpool very well.

Dutch, German media and Dutch supporters led the criticism after his games against Bosnia and Germany. I know the likes of Scholes, Rio and Souness chimed in with their skeptical takes before De Ligt kicked a ball for united, but what specific examples of over the top criticism from British media after his costly errors in the nation's league are you alluding to?

Yes, Harry Maguire is a significantly better centre half than Lisandro Martínez. It's not even a debate.

You must be related to Maguire! Seriously though, Martinez is a much better overall player than Maguire. He's a calmer presence at the back, provides a better outlet to move the ball forward and hardly makes errors that Maguire is prone to and that he has been punished for time and time again. That alone makes a huge difference

It’s social media culture. Everyone’s a keyboard warrior and wants to create memes and get likes. Easy money after a defeat.
I actually don’t mind the caf in the sense of letting fans vent after a bad match, at least it’s more insular, whereas Twitter or whatever is basically advertising criticism of our club to the world for likes etc.
And don’t get me started on the likes of United Stand and United Peoples YouTube with their incredibly clickbait videos.

Agree about United Stand, however would say United People's TV is very different, sure you aren't thinking of Utd View or Forever Utd TV

Enough of us called out his concentration issues before the transfer and that he really isn't an elite defender so this isn't something new. We shouldn't get carried away either with hype or condemnation. I hope he improves tremendously during his time here. Rio had similar issues in his early years with us, too.