2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
The usual suspects immediately appear in here to jump on any minor flaw in one of our players. Presumably to pour more pressure on our manager? Who knows, but it genuinely baffles me. It’s like you’re waiting for the people you’re supposed to support to fail.

Anyway, that aside. Not great on the second goal but over all a good performance. Van Dijk sleeping a little on the first goal but nothing too egregious. They look a better partnership than we saw with De Vrij at the Euros, interesting to see how they develop.
De Vrij look a more accomplished CB than Delight. He lacks awareness and does not dominate games. Looks to me like another Lindelof or slightly improved version

De Vrij look a more accomplished CB than Delight. He lacks awareness and does not dominate games. Looks to me like another Lindelof or slightly improved version
Lindelöf and De Ligt are a completely different profile, and have almost the opposite style of defunding. Back foot, passive, delay, vs front foot, engage high up, and steal. Not sure what you’ve been watching to come to the conclusion they are remotely similar.

I’d also say that De Ligt’s reading of the game is excellent. Feels like the lack of awareness comment is a bit knee jerk after the error last night.

De Ligt is more like another Maguire, with maybe a little bit more mobility and better ability to receive under pressure and from difficult angles when building out from the back. Lindelöf is a totally different type of defender, and vastly inferior to them.

Last edited:

Look harder.

I remain unconvinced that he is a massive upgrade on what we have but more than happy to be proven wrong as it means we'll have got a good player for a good fee coming into his prime years. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of the shitshow we are and that very few players have improved while with us in recent years (even those that had a brilliant start like Bruno).

I remain unconvinced that he is a massive upgrade on what we have but more than happy to be proven wrong as it means we'll have got a good player for a good fee coming into his prime years. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of the shitshow we are and that very few players have improved while with us in recent years (even those that had a brilliant start like Bruno).

Even if he is not better than Martinez or is only slightly better than Maguire, he is miles better than Lindelof and Evans, which means our first 3 CB's are all of decent quality.

Last edited:
I think he was mostly an improvement with the ball, and someone quite good in the air to help replace Varane who was very strong there while Evans, Lindelof and Lisandro were not so good.

Positioning and game reading need some improvement defensively

Edit - Having said that, rewatching the Liverpool match in the first 30 mins he makes several good defensive contributions. Also to mention that Maguire is also strong in the air, but De Ligt will be much better if we push our CBs forward with more speed.

Last edited:
You could throw Pogba in that list as well and I take it you don't put much worth into the form of Ugarte playing for his national side.

Yeah, that is true about Pogba as well although I do rate him a lot more than the players I listed. Not seen Ugarte play for Uruguay so I wouldn't know haha. Tbh I've not watched international football regularly for years outside of the odd match but I've always had the opinion that they're not a great way to judge a player

Nah De Ligt is a great defender. It‘s true he lost track of Dzeko, that cross was inch perfect though.

In his post-match comments, he said he thought the keeper would come, but takes responsibility for the mistake.

:lol:

FFS. Clearly on the windup.

You might have had a point until you mentioned lindelof.

So much overreaction after one mistake, no wonder our players are the most abused. Did any liverpool fans highlight VVD's mistakes like ours do for our players.

Yes he made a silly mistake for the second one but overall he was decent. The way some and the Dutch media is making out as if it was a train wreck of a performance.

Monumental signing.

This is going to be the big one. Holy feck this guy will be huge

Has been truly awful for Holland in these last matches. Getting a bit worried here

I got a load of abuse for asking what this meant when he signed. I've seen two in the last two games.

I can't believe we've already ruined De Ligt after only one match and at most 5 or 6 training sessions. Before long, we'll ruin new players even before they hold the shirt up for the photo op!

You get the sense that some of our own fans cannot wait for our players to make mistakes or to “fail” here - like they’re actually rooting for it to happen, just so that they could be proven right on the internet.

You get the sense that some of our own fans cannot wait for our players to make mistakes or to “fail” here - like they’re actually rooting for it to happen, just so that they could be proven right on the internet.
Exactly. It's like they want to fail so that they can see beloved lindelof start games.

He's not great on the ball, but we have Martinez for that (supposedly) that's not why we bought him.

Tweets as childish as that are why I finally left 'X'

Shocking attempt to play out from the back though.
Wish it wasn't allowed on here. Why are we posting something a random person on the internet said? If it's your opinion then post your opinion.

If a "reporter" hasn't got another platform than a Twitter account then he's a hack. Just another form of an influencer. Real reporters have a media platform to post on. The whole transfer forum is devoid of journalism and is nothing but football fantasy.