2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
This guy's playing style is looking more and more like a Vidic re-gen, but with more speed and mobility, which is great!

So aggressive and front foot defending, putting his body on the line, fans love these types of players.

Good to see De Ligt looking back to being something like what he did at Southampton. His game was coming apart at the seems before the international break. That pause seems to have been a good reset for him.

Cut out every attack that came anywhere near him. I wonder if Graeme Souness is having second thoughts after watching him fly into his 5th crunching tackle of the game with blood streaming down his face.

Not bad for a pansy who can only play tippy-tappy forrin football and was replaced by Eric Dier.

Played better the more blood he lost.

Should probably start donating before games if it has this effect...

My Motm today nullified every Brentford attack that came near him.

He really gave it all today, colossal performance, more of this please without the headbutting of knees :D

He was outstanding. How is was ruled a free kick against him when he’s kneed in the head is so bizarre

I didn't see the match but the 'bloody' comments are hilarious:lol:

Just knew De ligt had something gritty about him. People were trying to say he was the Dutch Maguire a few weeks ago:lol:

I'm waiting impatiently for the next time he doesn't perform at this level to be automatically deemed as worse than Maguire.

Souness said he can't defend though?

I'm waiting impatiently for the next time he doesn't perform at this level to be automatically deemed as worse than Maguire.
Right? This thread is hilarious, one game he is worst defender ever signed, next he is Vidic regen.

Just knew De ligt had something gritty about him. People were trying to say he was the Dutch Maguire a few weeks ago:lol:
Stylistically they are very similar players.

Really good and strong. Our defense is shit but he is super solid. I was not too sure about getting him in, but now he seems to be our best defender by far

Great performance, he looks a lot more assured next to Evans. I think all our best CBs on paper (De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez) need an experienced head next to them.

The Vidić comparisons are spot on, even their frames are basically the same.

Great performance today, especially enjoyed the little run and cross he had to Garnacho.

Low head is the only thing I can think of.

It's dangerous for him to go in with his head that low.
If that's the case, every Lisandro Martinez header ever is a freekick for the opposite team.

He is a class defender. Yes he will make mistakes but once he has consistent partner and can play continuously he will do very well.