2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Good to see De Ligt looking back to being something like what he did at Southampton. His game was coming apart at the seems before the international break. That pause seems to have been a good reset for him.

This post threw me :lol: I was like "when the hell was De Ligt at Southampton" then it clicked

Strange he never pops up when he does well. You may not rate him but at least call spade a spade when they do well but the issue is they want him to fail. Agenda driven poster.
You of course had loads to say when he played badly. Must have an 'agenda'.

I didn't realise I had to give you a player by player review after each game.

Not really, no? Unless big centre back is a style?
Wide framed stoppers who are uncharacteristically aggressive in isolations on attackers, despite not being particularly quick of the mark. Aerial threats in box boxes — ball magnet for attacking set pieces. Relatively two footed. Above average ball playing ability.

De Ligt does most things to a higher level and is probably a little more suited to a higher line. Maguire more of a menace in the air.

I'm waiting impatiently for the next time he doesn't perform at this level to be automatically deemed as worse than Maguire.
Ya the post about Maguire been better than him was one in a million.

More Phil Jones than Harry Maguire. De Ligt and Jones are brave/stupid enough to headbutt someone their knee, Harry Maguire wont be headbutting knees.
Was thinking more Vidic today given the performance. Loved his determination to keep playing despite the gash.

You of course had loads to say when he played badly. Must have an 'agenda'.

I didn't realise I had to give you a player by player review after each game.
You just have a weird obsession with him and Martinez after every average performances they give to the point writing them off. Let us not act you don't. You were the same guy who bumped this thread after he had a poor game in a meaningless international game where actually VVD was also fault for one of the goals.

The fact you didn't even comment on how he was today and still talk about maguire and how de ligt was just fine shows your agenda towards him. That is why some call you out because it is easier to decipher you.

Anyways you do what you like. You don't have to give any reviews and neither am I interested in reading it.

I like him as a player, doesn't let a bad moment get him down and recovers well.

You just have a weird obsession with him and Martinez after every average performances they give to the point writing them off. Let us not act you don't. You were the same guy who bumped this thread after he had a poor game in a meaningless international game where actually VVD was also fault for one of the goals.

The fact you didn't even comment on how he was today and still talk about maguire and how de ligt was just fine shows your agenda towards him. That is why some call you out because it is easier to decipher you.

Anyways you do what you like. You don't have to give any reviews and neither am I interested in reading it.
I stopped reading at the first lie.

Warrior attitude from him today, also liked that tackle in midfield which he turned into attack too

I think De Ligt will turn out a very good player for us. He needs the correct partner though, hopefully Yoro comes in and becomes our new Rio.

Be a good pairing if we can make it.

Ten Hag claimed it was dry blood, but it looked wet to me when he was going off. The referee was perfectly right to ask him to leave the field for a head cut.

Yeah no chance, his face was clean a minute beforehand. Unless it dried into a dandruff like texture and sprinkled all over the side of his face.

I think De Ligt will turn out a very good player for us. He needs the correct partner though, hopefully Yoro comes in and becomes our new Rio.

Be a good pairing if we can make it.
This is the hope

Great game today, particularily second half he was really bossing it! If we only had given him a Butcher headband in the first half, he would be the icon of our 2-0 win.

He's a really good CB. It's hard for anyone to shine when everything is a mess, but individually I don't have many doubts about him

Not really, no? Unless big centre back is a style?
I don’t think so

I think they're similar profiles as well. It's just that Maguire's reputation has been tarnished by social media and casual fans, so when people compare him to de Ligt, it's seen as criticism and pejorative towards the Dutchman. But in reality both of them are class CBs. I'm glad we have de Ligt because a 25 year old defender like him for such a good fee was an opportunity we probably felt we needed to take...but we've already had this type of player in the squad in Maguire. It's just that ETH couldn't salvage and make use of an elite player like him, and prioritized Varane and Martínez instead, which is a similarly huge red flag to okaying Antony for 80m or Casemiro for 60m.

Ridiculous rule.

Should let players be treated. Halt play until it’s done. Add to injury time.

Fair.

He was imperious today. We’ve not had a defender like him for a while. Had to laugh when he went on that break. Totally looked like he had hit that too far infront of him and was never getting there but some how did.

Got to wonder how long it will be till he is made captain.

Very good performance yesterday. That’s what we should be getting from a CB if his quality. He just needs to find a bit more consistency, which isn’t helped by ETH rotating the CBs every week.

Ridiculous rule.

Should let players be treated. Halt play until it’s done. Add to injury time.

Fair.
Agreed. I don't know how the Brentford player was not penalised for that when we'd have gotten a red card for the same challenge. I blame ETH for that though, too meek against the English refs. And the physios for poor in-game management.

He was imperious today. We’ve not had a defender like him for a while. Had to laugh when he went on that break. Totally looked like he had hit that too far infront of him and was never getting there but some how did.

Got to wonder how long it will be till he is made captain.

Decent cross too. Garnacho got a good chance from the cross although i was not sure if Garnacho was the intended target of the cross :lol:

Decent cross too. Garnacho got a good chance from the cross although i was not sure if Garnacho was the intended target of the cross :lol:
I think he was, because Zirkzee was the only player in the box with 3/4 defenders