Mats Møller Dæhli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work with one of his former team mates. He's been in Manchester several times to meet Dæhli, so I'm guessing they are pretty close.

According to this guy, Dæhli has an extremely hard-working and professional attitude as well as being the most skilled player on the youth team. He's therefore willing to bet anything on Dæhli making it to the first team in a couple of years. He also told me that Dæhli was sent straight to the gym to bulk up when he got to Manchester, so when he met him after a few months, he was suddenly immensely strong compared to what he used to be back in Norway.

This can obviously be a case of "I want my friend to become famous, so I'm willing to believe anything", but it still feels nice to hear this sort of information from someone who knows him.

I agree but he was more talented than Daehli and he had started putting in performances in first team cameos. Theres nothing to say Daehli won't look completely ordinary when he goes to the u21s, or even the first team. That step up to u21s is a massive one in itself. As Elliott said, he's so far from a sure thing that it's not even worth thinking about right now.

I don't agree that he was. It's completely subjective, obviously, but I watched both in every match that was there to be watched and I reckon Daehli shades it at the moment.

Obviously we're only talking about potential. There's no guarantee that he'll do anything at any level above the current one. And lots of obstacles could happen - growth problems, injuries, personal issues etc. But then if we let that stop us speculating about these kids, there'd be nothing to say about them.

Is he not the one who is a cross between Messi, Xavi and Iniesta?

Sounds like a sure thing to me.

Also Zidane, Maradona and Keane, obviously. Get with the program.

The Noggie u21 coach all but confirmed that Mats won't be going to the Euros this summer and will remain an u19 international for the foreseeable future.

Ticking over. I don't think he's been quite as good since several of his U18 teammates started moving into the U21s. Januzaj, in particular, always seemed to bring the best out of him. And possibly he's one of a few U18s missing that settled core of himself, Pearson, Pereira and Wilson which was doing so well in the first half of the season.

Still comfortably on track, development-wise.

Carried off the pitch in a Norway U19 match yesterday after 57 minutes, because he felt dizzy. No idea what caused it. Hopefully it's just a one time thing, and not a condition that could ruin his career.

Carried off the pitch in a Norway U19 match yesterday after 57 minutes, because he felt dizzy. No idea what caused it. Hopefully it's just a one time thing, and not a condition that could ruin his career.

Migraines? Nicky Butt had them early in his career.

Just came on for Norway U19 with 35 minutes to go. Norway just went 1-0 up, and can qualify for the EC.

That's the second game he's been involved in since the dizziness and he's been training normally. He'll be just fine.

Daehli tipped for bright future

Ronny Johnsen admits he is looking forward to seeing how Mats Daehli develops at Manchester United.

The ex-Reds defender has followed his fellow Norwegian's progress carefully and feels the midfielder has an exciting future ahead of him.

Daehli is looking to make the step up from Academy football next season into Warren Joyce's Under-21 squad after scoring on his sole appearance for the Reserves last term.

"Mats is an amazing talent," declared Johnsen to ManUtd.com. "It's going to be fun to watch him develop.

"He is still very young but is a player that Norway needs to come through now. Hopefully, he is going to get there and it will go the right way for him as the future looks bright.

"Of course, he is in the right place and it's very nice for him. He's young but has a proper mentality for the game as well so he is going to somebody who is worth watching."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...x?newsid=32027679-5951-479A-AEFD-1AAE6E80FD82

Reports in Norway are that he won't be with us next season. Whether on loan or transferred, that remains to be seen.

I very much doubt we would sell him after crowning him the academy young player of the year, so soon.

The kid needs to develop but he potentially could be amazing. It is way too early to tell at this age.

Huge Talent Mats Møller Dæhli are unlikely to see in Manchester United's costume next season.
VG is reported that Manchester United want Mats Møller Dæhli to get playing time in another club. Currently it is not known whether there is talk of a loan or a permanent move. Møller Dæhli have been in USA since 2010 and has become tt seen as one of the club's most promising players. In 2011/2012-sesongen he was named year academy player , an award that has previously been won by stars like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes. Could end up in Molde what VG has learned to Molde be an actual club. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows Møller Dæhli from Manchester United, and the teenager has previously trained with the reigning champions from Møre og Romsdal. Solskjaer wants to reinforce the squad to climb the table, and the reigning champions have already lost Magnus Wolff Eikrem to Heerenveen. Therefore he needs to bring in a new man in midfield. Read also:After 3-1 victory over Sarpsborg the weekend, Solskjær confirmed that they are looking for new players. Tommy Høiland is a name that has been linked to Molde recently. - We are looking for players who can complement the stable and happy to give us something extra and a little wildness. I have not talked to Tommy himself, but he is young and Norwegian, which suits us. Pick happy players domestically, said Solskjaer. Playing Møller Dæhli has been an important part of United's U18 team, but has received little playing for the club's Under-21 squad. teams headed by Warren Joyce, who took over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's job when he left red Royen favor of Molde. Neither Molde management or his agent, Jim Solbakken, has been available for comment.

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=10111557

Those first two sentences conflict greatly, why would we want him to get more playing time by selling him permanently.

No way we will sell him, unless he has a case of serious home sickness, which I doubt. I would think that it is only a matter of loaning him out to give him more playing time at a higher level, which I think would be good for his development.

A good loan move would be a decent option. I'd be a bit worried if he went to Molde though. If he gets lots of first team football and plays well, he might want to stay. That's why loan moves back to the player's home country so often seem to be used when you want to get rid of them.

It's a bit silly/unlikely that VG (the paper) can't figure out whether it's a loan or a sale that's being talked about considering his dad works for them.

It's a bit silly/unlikely that VG (the paper) can't figure out whether it's a loan or a sale that's being talked about considering his dad works for them.

His dad works forDagbladet, there is no mention of a move for Dæhli.

Rumours doing the rounds on twitter that he will sign for Molde shortly, having done the medical and everything. Former journalist in the local newspaper in Molde saying he thinks he will sign in a few days. Says nothing about loan/permanent, but I can't imagine us selling him now.

Vegard Fl. Vaagbø@VegardVaagbo
41m
Mats Møller Dæhli blir nok #MFK-spiller ganske snart. Snakkes om forhandlinger i går og medisinsk i dag. Lån eller permanent er uvisst.
Details
Translated version
Mats Moller Dæhli is enough # MFK player very soon. Talk about negotiations yesterday and medical today. Loans or permanent is uncertain.

It would make 0 sense for this to be permanent, it surely can't be. I don't think I'd understand it if it was.

It's a loan move, it's surely a loan move.

Could be that Moyes doesn't rate him perhaps? Would seem odd to start shipping out youth talent after only a day in the job, mind you.

He obviously doesn't have enough microphone head going on to be a success in our midfield.

Ben Pearson will be fine, though.

Selling Dhaeli before giving him a proper chance would seem a strange move. He's looked special any time I've watched him. Has to be a loan move, surely.

How can that be true though?. You don't name him the most talented kid in the academy and then kick him out a season later :confused:

Unless the kid just does not like England and wants to move back home? It just does not make sense.

It would make 0 sense for this to be permanent, it surely can't be. I don't think I'd understand it if it was.

The word on the street back in Molde is that it's apparently talk about a permanent deal that could be announced as early as later today.

I agree that it doesn't make sense from a football perspective but that there might be some issues in his working relationship with Warren Joyce. Considering he was awarded the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year last season you would expect that he would have been given more chances with the reserves this season even though he just turned 18.

I'll be getting real tired of our academy if we sell him. We're making some excellent prospects, but the special ones all seem to want to leave/feck up their careers ala Morrison. Thank God Januzaj has stayed true.

Local paper in Molde saying he's having a medical today. VG, where his father is employed, says it is most likely a permanent deal. The person who wrote that article in VG is no other than Jon Martin Henriksen, formerly employed at the United Supporters Club Scandinavian Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.