Mats Møller Dæhli

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't at all crazy for people to rate footballers differently. Calm down with the hyperbole.

I'm allowed the right to the opinion of thinking you're crazy. Stop going all Nev for the sake of going all Nev.

I'm wondering if half the people worried about this are just disappointed they wont be able to use him on football manager

I'm allowed the right to the opinion of thinking you're crazy. Stop going all Nev for the sake of going all Nev.

I'm not. If anyone was "going all Nev" it was you, for declaring me crazy for no reason other than I rate a player differently than you.

I don't play football manager any more.

I'm not. If anyone was "going all Nev" it was you, for declaring me crazy for no reason other than I rate a player differently than you.

Don't take it personally, I wasn't calling you crazy crazy. Anyway lets not derail the thread.

If he leaves permanently its not only a surprise but a disappointment. You could see how talented he was just by his close control if nothing else.

On the other hand there where signs in the last 6 months or so that his development had stalled slightly. His performances and influence for the 18s dropped and others where picked to make the step up to the 21s ahead of him, including the much younger Pereirra. You got the feeling watching him in the end of season academy games that he should of stepped his game up and be dominating this level by now, but instead he seemed to be struggling a bit.

At least he's going to Molde and not a rival.

Looks like the boy got homesick. I doubt he'll return but I'm sure we'll keep our eye on him. I expected him to emerge in our first team within in the next few years.

Either that or he lost faith in how he was progressing at United.

Given the way he was talking before the start of last season, I imagine he thought he would have been given more time with the u-21s and will have been disappointed to be overlooked. It's also a time of change here so he doesn't want to 'wait and see' if the new manager rates him when he has the option to go and play where he feels at home and is wanted.

What a strange transfer. Definite lesson for a lot of us.

Why do we keep hemorrhaging our best young players? Surely there must be an underlying cause. You an expect someone to slip through the cracks now and then, but that's 3 of the highest rated young players in over a decade lost in the past year and a half.

Why do we keep hemorrhaging our best young players? Surely there must be an underlying cause. You an expect someone to slip through the cracks now and then, but that's 3 of the highest rated young players in over a decade lost in the past year and a half.
Of the 3, only 1 is at a club of any significance. And even in his case, we didnt really want to let him go.

I'm being speculative and harsh but i guess this kid was either stalling in development, got badly homesick or just didnt have the kind of "must try harder till i make it here" attitude that say someone like Janujaz has.

I think the problem is more that young players are very impatient these days. It's very rare that an 18/19 year old is good enough to play regularly for United so they need to go the Cleverley/ Welbeck route of working your way up through loan spells, hard work and patience.. There's also a stupid rule limiting the contract length to less than 2 years (if I remember correctly) if it was signed when they were under 18 years old, meaning that the player has more power to force a move by refusing to renew. That means these very talented players who think they should be getting first team opportunities can leave with the club being over a barrel really.

A very strange transfer. He always looked as one of our best academy players and only some months ago there were a lot of people who thought that he's even better than Januzaj. It would be interesting to know why this happened.

He just turned 18 so I don't think it's for lack of playing time in first XI(unless he's totally crazy).

I just think this is a case of a player being homesick and going back.

He just turned 18 so I don't think it's for lack of playing time in first XI(unless he's totally crazy).

I just think this is a case of a player being homesick and going back.

Maybe he was disappointed that he wasn't even in the u21s and saw how far ahead Januzaj was. It will be interesting to find out the reasons why.

I think Dæhli was promised that OGS would succeed SAF and when that didn't happen he couldn't stomach playing for a club that lied to him and naturally chose to follow OGS instead.

Maybe he was disappointed that he wasn't even in the u21s and saw how far ahead Januzaj was. It will be interesting to find out the reasons why.

Nah, I think that's stretching it.

He was just homesick IMO.

Either that or he lost faith in how he was progressing at United.

Given the way he was talking before the start of last season, I imagine he thought he would have been given more time with the u-21s and will have been disappointed to be overlooked. It's also a time of change here so he doesn't want to 'wait and see' if the new manager rates him when he has the option to go and play where he feels at home and is wanted.
Hm. Perhaps he had second thoughts on making it. The transfer happened so quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of what we both said.

Nah, I think that's stretching it.

He was just homesick IMO.

It's more realistic than him being unhappy that he's not in the first team. I can't see how he would be homesick, he seemed to be so career focused and was determined to make it here.

If he leaves permanently its not only a surprise but a disappointment. You could see how talented he was just by his close control if nothing else.

On the other hand there where signs in the last 6 months or so that his development had stalled slightly. His performances and influence for the 18s dropped and others where picked to make the step up to the 21s ahead of him, including the much younger Pereirra. You got the feeling watching him in the end of season academy games that he should of stepped his game up and be dominating this level by now, but instead he seemed to be struggling a bit.

At least he's going to Molde and not a rival.

Agree with that. He didn't have a great season.

He's very slight and hasn't got blinding pace to run away from players, so he's not greatly effective on the wing. With his skill set, the centre seems his natural position, but last season he didn't impress there either, failing to impose himself.

That said, it's probably a case of disappointed expectations. He came with such high hopes, it had to be a bitter pill when others were promoted ahead of him.

If it's true, Sir Alex's decision to retire may have played a part. Maybe we'll be buying in that position. It's always sad and we should definitely do as Barcelona do and encourage them to return if they're good enough. It seems a bit of a waste...

Is this confirmed?

BORADypCcAEdBqL.jpg:large

I'm pretty sure we have a buy back clause, we always do with such promising players. It's much like when Eikrem moved back home, just that Dæhli goes a bit earlier. Excited to see him in the Norwegian league, he might still develop to be a top class player and he might come back to United at some point. He'll at least get some very good first team experience in Norway.

If there is a buy back clause( the article insist that there is) with a set fee i don't see too much of an issue. A young player get to go back to his home(we have no idea whether he asked to leave or was genuinely homesick) and he gets a good chance at regular first team football within a very competitive league with the chance of developing and linking back up with us once his development and temperament is further down the line.

I'm going to believe you guys. It doesn't make much sense otherwise. I know most don't agree with me that despite their different rates of development, Daehli is an even more promising talent than Januzaj. But surely everyone recognises that he is one of the top 5 prospects in the youth sides. So it would be strange to simply sell him unless something's gone on behind the scenes (homesickness, for example).

I'm going to believe you guys. It doesn't make much sense otherwise. I know most don't agree with me that despite their different rates of development, Daehli is an even more promising talent than Januzaj. But surely everyone recognises that he is one of the top 5 prospects in the youth sides. So it would be strange to simply sell him unless something's gone on behind the scenes (homesickness, for example).

One of top 5 prospects you say. When did the 3rd best player last make it to the first team? Being in the top 5 hasn't been good enough for a long long time.

We see these types of threads every year and every time a lot of people are disappointed at the club for selling a talent yet that talent never comes back to bite the club in the ass.

How much money has Molde to splurge on players anyways? Who are their backers?

I'm actually not too upset about this. It's disappointing of course, but as someone pointed out earlier, I agree with Him about his development stalling. Having said that, if he was in the side with Januzaj I think he would have done better.

Either way, if there is a buy back clause then it isn't too much of a problem. If he does well we can sign him back when he's ready.

One of top 5 prospects you say. When did the 3rd best player last make it to the first team? Being in the top 5 hasn't been good enough for a long long time.

We see these types of threads every year and every time a lot of people are disappointed at the club for selling a talent yet that talent never comes back to bite the club in the ass.

How much money has Molde to splurge on players anyways? Who are their backers?

Cleverley for one - he certainly wasn't a big star at youth level.

But I am actually worrying more about how many players at youth level who fails to progress at United. There simply are too many of them for my liking. Either we are getting the wrong players or we are treating them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.