Mats Møller Dæhli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that interview, it was really great. Really like Daehli, seems like a smart young boy from everything you read about him.

Thanks, and yeah he seems to have a great attitude and the talent to match which is a very good combination.

Post a long interview about one of our brightets players; 1 reply
Post a tweet about a backup keeper going to a relegation candidate: 17 replies.

:D

Great read. We've really got a bunch of talented technical players in the academy, and MMD seems to be the most hard-working one. Will be interesting to see how the physical side of things turn out for him.

It's a worthless award. One nominee from each club in the region.

How's the lad developing?

Any chance of seeing him in the first team soon?

He's greatly improved. Last season he looked lightweight, but he's able to hold his own physically now.

At the moment he's one of 4 or 5 super promising academy players - Januzaj, Wilson, Periera.. - who might just develop into another Fergie's fledgling generation.

The first team is another country though.

Really that little? I thought he'd played 20 easy, maybe it's just every academy game I've seen has involved him so it just seems like more. I do rate him higher than Daehli though.

Imo Daehli is the most talented of the bunch.

From Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet:

Dæhli has been nominated for a Rising Star Award as the biggest talent in England by the Northwest Football Awards. Quite a long list of nominees, Martin Kelly, Tom Ince and Nick Powell (for Crewe) among them, but you can actually vote yourself.

So Martin Kelly has got this award sewn up? Or have the authorities on this poll sorted it so that scousers can't sit there and re-vote and rig it a la Suarez.

King on Dæhli: - He's absolutely fantastic. I love playing with him. His style of play is very atypically Norwegian, you would almost think he was born in Brazil.

- He's very technically gifted, and he can go very far if he continues to work hard.

- He's creative. Very creative. And he's best with the ball in his feet.
- He needs to grow a little, because he is still very small. But so was Magnus (Eikrem) as well when he arrived at United, and he's put on a lot. This is his second season at United, and he will grow. He will have to join me in the gym every morning, but on the other hand he is so technically gifted that he shouldn't worry about that. He needs to develop as a footballer.

Magnus Wolff Eikrem on Dæhli after training with him last summer and this summer:

- Of course when you play for a club like United and get to practice with so many good players, you will improve. We saw that. I have big expectations, but I don't want to put too much pressure on him.

For Christs sake:

I can't believe that people in the game are harping on about him needing to grow. Many of the best players in the world are tiny, the lad is clearly going to be big enough for the modern professional game.

For Christs sake:

I can't believe that people in the game are harping on about him needing to grow. Many of the best players in the world are tiny, the lad is clearly going to be big enough for the modern professional game.
True, just look at half of Barca's attack and midfield, not exactly physical giants. Or our own Scholsey for that matter. If Dæhli continues his development and progresses like he has so far he'll hopefully get some time in the reserves this season and start sniffing on LC cameos next year. Has he gotten any subs for the reserves yet btw?

Obviously very excited about this guy, but so was I about King and Eikrem. Would love to see Dæhlie on loan to Molde next season though :drool: He'll thrive in Norway as it's not really a physical league, and he'll be able to work on his physique in the gym and prepare for a loan to the Championsship / lower leagues in England later on.

He's class, height isn't a worry, Pearson is smaller to my eye and he plays in a more physical area. His first touch and feet are terrific, he's getting stronger too. I love how he's always looking around before he gets the ball.

For Christs sake:

It's not exactly a bad thing if he does bulk up a bit, providing that he doesn't lose any of his current skills. He should still be agile enough and retain his touch. He'll naturally get bigger anyway.

True, just look at half of Barca's attack and midfield, not exactly physical giants. Or our own Scholsey for that matter. If Dæhli continues his development and progresses like he has so far he'll hopefully get some time in the reserves this season and start sniffing on LC cameos next year. Has he gotten any subs for the reserves yet btw?

10 minutes in a friendly against Stalybridge, other than that I don't think we've seen him in the reserves? Been on the bench a couple of times I think.

For Christs sake:

Yeah but arent a lot of the midgets you are referring to, play in the less physical leagues of Spain, Portugal, South America etc? The English leagues continue to be very demanding for the smaller players.

He played and scored for the reserves against Longford town during the summer as well. In terms of competitive games he has one sub appearance last season when he and James Wilson got rewarded for great performances in the youth cup

Yeah but arent a lot of the midgets you are referring to, play in the less physical leagues of Spain, Portugal, South America etc? The English leagues continue to be very demanding for the smaller players.

Smaller players have still capable in the PL if they have the talent though, Juniho, Zola, Owen & Scholes are all tiny players that managed it when the league was probably quite a bit more physical than it is now, I do agree that it is harder in England but if the talent is there it's not to much of a worry.

Daehli won an 87th minute penalty to help the Norway under 19s to a 3-2 win against Turkey today

Good to hear.

What do you reckon guys - a cameo for the first team in 2 years time?
Assuming his development will be consistent as it is right now.

Good to hear.

He's not really managed to make the transition to u21's yet. I think he might need to spend quite a bit of time there first, but I'm not even convinced by him just yet. I think Januzaj is the pick of the bunch but even he is a million miles from being guaranteed anything here. Morrison was as sure a thing as I've seen in a while and look at him now.

Good to hear.

He'll be close to 20 by then so one would hope so. So far, so good.

Be interesting the next few years with him. He's class but I thought the same about Morrison, Eikrem and Gibson at similar levels.

No big injuries, settle into reserves...and he has a huge chance.

But Morrison would have made it had it not been for his poor attitude. Same with Pogba.

But that should be a lesson for us, good players crave games. If we can't give them any then we should get them out on loan even if its at a league one/two team.

He's not really managed to make the transition to u21's yet. I think he might need to spend quite a bit of time there first, but I'm not even convinced by him just yet. I think Januzaj is the pick of the bunch but even he is a million miles from being guaranteed anything here. Morrison was as sure a thing as I've seen in a while and look at him now.

I rated Morrison highest of all the United youngsters I've seen in the last few years. And his career seems to have come unstuck.

The first time I saw Pogba play for the Academy I was hugely impressed, but I was unhappy with his performances for the Reserves last season. And now he's starting for Juve at 19!

You could lose a lot of money betting on the future of young footballers.

Morrison wasn't nailed on...nobody is really.

Morrison could have gone on to big things with us...he could have also played a few seasons, not lived up to the hype and ended up moving on. I saw alot of Ravel...and he had a real, real chance...but that's what it was.

Gibson, Simpson etc all got time in the first team and then moved on. Ravel could have been a monster but could have been like either of those two.

Noboody can say 'No he definately would have made it' because...well nobody knows.

Pogba moved on, and as you rightly said, he wanted games. The same as Rossi for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.