Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

I belive Mount is quite OK on the right side, it's just if we are going for #6 and double attacking #8's, then it's logical that Bruno plays right and Mount plays left. Bruno as RM was probably our most threatening player on right side last season, and mount naturally drifts to the left and can even play wide LW.

On Casemiro - well I think this requires a higher defensive line, so there's hope with new GK coming in.

Mount's best season was 2021-22, his heat map shows he played most of the time on the right side.

Maybe both Bruno and Mount will have freedom to swap positions.

Mount's best season was 2021-22, his heat map shows he played most of the time on the right side.

Interesting. Whenever I saw clips of Mount he played on the left, but I believe you. Anyway, I don't rate Bruno on the left, much prefer him on the right, so I would still be a bit surprised if we do this. Of course they will switch from time to time. But I still think one (probably Mount) will be dropping deeper.

Interesting. Whenever I saw clips of Mount he played on the left, but I believe you. Anyway, I don't rate Bruno on the left, much prefer him on the right, so I would still be a bit surprised if we do this. Of course they will switch from time to time. But I still think one (probably Mount) will be dropping deeper.

Yeah, Bruno is better on right side as he lacks that initial burst of speed to go past player or quick feet to switch the ball. Mount might be better on left and overall it might be better for team to have Mount on left and Bruno on right.

I disagree. The g/a stats may say so but 20/21 was by far his best season.

Really excited about this signing. Not a household name but a player who will come in and match ten Hag'a profile of player and philosophy.

Ah the season he scored 1 goal against top half opposition and stat-padded against the lowlies. Not his best, hasn't really had a standout season to be honest, but his natural position is a left sided 8. ETH just needs to help him develop his defensive game as he lapses quite often even though he works hard.

Is it a good or bad omen for this lad at United that horsechoker started this thread?

Ah the season he scored 1 goal against top half opposition and stat-padded against the lowlies. Not his best, hasn't really had a standout season to be honest, but his natural position is a left sided 8. ETH just needs to help him develop his defensive game as he lapses quite often even though he works hard.

And it started, from comparing Mount favorably against KdB to this :lol:

Feel like y'all are in denial mode. He'll start banging them in at OT and I suspect you'll go through grief, anger and acceptance soon enough.

Feel like y'all are in denial mode. He'll start banging them in at OT and I suspect you'll go through grief, anger and acceptance soon enough.

Which part sounded like denial to you? I suspect one of us will be going through those stages - my money's on the guy who thinks he'll be 'banging them in'.

Don’t want to sound like a grouch but this kind of video makes me cringe so hard. The Spider-Man graphics and stuff are just….ugh.
Sorry in advance if you like this, people have different tastes and I’m sure you’d find my interests boring/cringey/lame, but those videos just give me psychic damage.
It’s not made for us mate, it’s made for the fans around the world who want to feel in touch with United, especially kids.

Is it a good or bad omen for this lad at United that horsechoker started this thread?
I started last year's Arse thread and they nearly won the title before collapsing spectacularly. I also started the Darwin Núñez thread and the Thiago one

Shit :nervous:

I missed the 1st half, how did he look? Twitter was raving about his workrate today.

Get a workhorse striker and that sweeper keepr, and we will be absolute joy to watch, finally pressing team off the ball, creating many chances. Would still keep Fred to get more defensive cover for Mount who's gonna feature next to Bruno and Case, it seems, and overall having enough players to understand the application of this important element of the game..

Possibly Cleverley as a number 7. Hopefully he'll be a consistent work horse with good technique to add depth. But a number 7 he is not.

Possibly Cleverley as a number 7. Hopefully he'll be a consistent work horse with good technique to add depth. But a number 7 he is not.

He actually is the number 7. You must have terrible eyesight, it was on the back of his shirt in a large white font.

Showed some serious quality at times, good pressing, good sense of space.

Other times very wasteful in passing, and set pieces.

Don't read much into it.

He actually is the number 7. You must have terrible eyesight, it was on the back of his shirt in a large white font.
He plays like a number 8, yet he wears Ronaldo and Beckham's old shirt. Probably a good move to rid the curse, but also, a bit sad.

Bang average, Cleverley. There are some incredibly dull responses here after the first half of football in preseason, coming back from injury.

He plays like a number 8, yet he wears Ronaldo and Beckham's old shirt. Probably a good move to rid the curse, but also, a bit sad.
Amazing quality shirt. Still wearable since 1997!