Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

Didn't realise his last game was like the middle of April so obviously he's got a way to go.. but looked fairly decent in the 45 mins today. Him and Bruno will be good spearhead of a pressing machine

This is what I love about the Caf, that a preseason game gets the people going.

Personally I don't give a shit about players performances in preseason apart from last one or two games, as this is usually when team is set up the same way as on season opening. With half the intensity.

Anyway, going back to Mount - he should be judged after first game against serious opponent in away game. I every other we could do with Eriksen / Fred so it'll be interesting to see how much Mount improves us then.

I missed the game, but I'm watching it back now. Seeing Mount in a United shirt is so weird. I think he started the game quite well in the first 10 minutes.

This is what I love about the Caf, that a preseason game gets the people going.

Yes that’s what fans do - they get excited by and interested in watching their team play regardless of the competition.

he should be judged after first game against serious opponent in away game.
What an odd and arbitrary metric. Let’s judge him based on his first game away at Anfield instead with the rest of the season not counting until his subsequent appearance away at Anfield.

Him and Bruno will be vital for our success next season.

Mason creating from the left, Bruno creating from the right, this is football genius by ETH.

Obviously never going to be a player who gets you off your seat but his versatility and work-rate will be important for us this season.

So you're saying him pressing the Leeds defender to gain possession before trying an audacious Chip didn't get you off your seat?

He had no senior midfield partner and no senior centreforward to play off.

The performance was as good as you can expect given that Mount is a system player rather than somebody who thrives off individual brilliance.

I thought his 45 minutes was very encouraging. Imagine him linking up with Bruno, Rashford and (hopefully) Hojlund. He'll look significantly better. His pressing and the first-time passing will be worth at least 10 goals to the team this season (even if he doesn't necessarily end up with the goal or assist himself). Hell, he could have got a goal and a couple of assists today from that alone.

Yes that’s what fans do - they get excited by and interested in watching their team play regardless of the competition.

What an odd and arbitrary metric. Let’s judge him based on his first game away at Anfield instead with the rest of the season not counting until his subsequent appearance away at Anfield.

I think we all know a crap when we see one. Mount is definitely an improvement in our midfield options

Giving me RVP vibes. Absolutely nothing to do with the performance, it's just fecking weird seeing him in a United shirt.

I do the same, don't get me wrong I watch preseason games whenever possible. I did chuckle a bit seeing people arguing about his performance yesterday but a lot of people are obviously not being serious.

I like to think we're signing player to solve an issue. Mount is there to help us in big games where playing Casemiro - Eriksen is like fighting with one hand tied behind your back. You can still hit but it's difficult to defend and you run out of steam quickly.

Thought he and Amad was the best players that first half, on another day Mount pots two goals with the chip and the other one where he was clean in on goal. Also started the attack that Hannibal should have scored from.

Yesterday performance of mount the player didnt play not even 100 mins of football since february. He will win poty for you coming season guys. Mark this post.

Him and Bruno will be vital for our success next season.

Mason creating from the left, Bruno creating from the right, this is football genius by ETH.

Will be quite insane if it works out, we just need a striker to finish off the chances now :lol:

He is clearly loving being at Utd,so if some of you can't get behind him that's a bloody poor show

He reminded me of Michael Owen in a United shirt. Not the way he played, just looks, size and the 7. Was weird.

Looked sharp with passing at times and technically awesome. Awful crosses but he’s a bit rusty. Loved him dropping deep almost in an Iniesta type role sometimes to collect the ball.

I can see why we got him and if he improves further looks to have the tools to become legit world class. Perfect age as well 24.

An outstanding acquisition. Has a good head, likes to get stuck in, and picks a proper pass perfectly.

I’m really looking forward to him playing alongside Bruno, Rash and Cas, and the chemistry developing between them all. We just need Hojlund now please.

What's this bollocks I'm hearing about an issue with him and autograph hunters? Are you lot being mean to my boy?
No issue at all, he just seemed surprised with the attention. First time he's at a big club, after all.

What's this bollocks I'm hearing about an issue with him and autograph hunters? Are you lot being mean to my boy?

It was groups of grown men trying to make him signloads of shirts to sell on eBay. The club have released a statement about it I believe.

I thought it was a solid half. Suspect people would have been raving about it had it been some fella called Mountinha from Portugal.