Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

It's all on EtH, hopefully he's in the Klopp mould and creates teams that are bigger than the sum of their parts. Mount seems like the quintessential "bigger than the sum of his parts" player.

No super hyped signing has worked out well for us so I'll take it as a promising sign that reactions to Mount are mixed at best.

I hope those who are being negative about this transfer, or for other transfers, would stop using 'hope he proves me wrong' as a fallback.

I hope those who are being negative about this transfer, or for other transfers, would stop using 'hope he proves me wrong' as a fallback.

Why? What’s wrong with hoping that you’re wrong about the club potentially making a mistake?

If the Glazers and Ratcliffe are announced I will certainly, genuinely, desperately hope that I’m proven wrong.

If ETH repeatedly plays Mount or Bruno out of position and I don’t think it’ll work, I will hope that I’m proven wrong.

What’s wrong with stating your opinion but letting others know that you want the best for Utd and that it’s only your opinion?

He's gonna occupy that Tadic position, but on the right methinks. A bit like Becks.

Does anyone have the United app? I am already sick of Mount the amount of PR about him multiple times a day

Does anyone have the United app? I am already sick of Mount the amount of PR about him multiple times a day
I mentioned a few days ago that I found it a bit strange how hyped up his signing has been by the club. Way more so than usual, feels like.

Smart thread here about why Ten Hag wanted Mount and what he will add to the team, particularly on the right hand side

I mentioned a few days ago that I found it a bit strange how hyped up his signing has been by the club. Way more so than usual, feels like.
Nothing else is happening / no games and he is our only signing so far maybe apart from a couple of kids/U16 signings. Let’s sign Kane and then they will hardly post about Mount any longer!

Nothing else is happening / no games and he is our only signing so far maybe apart from a couple of kids/U16 signings. Let’s sign Kane and then they will hardly post about Mount any longer!

Pushing him down everyone’s throat and he’s still stuck on 6.2m :lol:

It was obvious how important ji sung park was for us - mount is obviously not rooney or ron but he can be our park.

Smart thread here about why Ten Hag wanted Mount and what he will add to the team, particularly on the right hand side

It’s a good point — we’ve been such a left sided dominant team for so long in our buildup and attacks. Mount being a right sided midfield/attacker will hopefully add some balance.

Pushing him down everyone’s throat and he’s still stuck on 6.2m :lol:
You seem to be obsessed with his Instagram following. For what it’s worth I don’t think United posting about him will make much of a difference. However Mount playing games in a United shirt especially if he is even half successful will increase his number of followers more.

It’s a good point — we’ve been such a left sided dominant team for so long in our buildup and attacks. Mount being a right sided midfield/attacker will hopefully add some balance.
Didn't Bruno play more on the right side if anything?

:lol:

How many more of these apologetics do we need about Mount? I'm losing count of all the Youtube videos and Twitter threads explaining how Mount will fit into the team and how he's "good, actually".

I think it's people over-compensating for having called him overrated whenever he's played for England the last few years.

Though I shouldn't complain too much. It's nice to have some positivity around the club again.

:lol:

How many more of these apologetics do we need about Mount? I'm losing count of all the Youtube videos and Twitter threads explaining how Mount will fit into the team and how he's "good, actually".

I think it's people over-compensating for having called him overrated whenever he's played for England the last few years.

Though I shouldn't complain too much. It's nice to have some positivity around the club again.
How is it apologetic? He’s just providing his take on why he will be a great tactical fit for us especially on the right side of midfield. I’ve lost count of the amount of meh/ mediocre / underwhelming / too expensive posts which are far more.

Why Mason Mount can be a benefit to ManUnited:
  1. He can play football (good for a football club, ManUnited is a football club)
  2. He is friends with Bruno and Shaw (easy to integrate)
  3. He is a male (eligible to play for ManUnited men team)
  4. He likes trap music and wear baggy clothes (trendy for marketing especially because he wears no 7)
  5. He cleanses the name Mason for United by his good deeds which will be rewarded by Santa

Last edited:

TLDR: ETH plans to play with two #8s, Bruno and Mount, who will help create chances on left and right sides respectively, while the burden of getting the ball from the back to these players would be on GK, the back 4 and Casemiro.

I personally feel this is bullocks (or too extreme). Casemiro is simply not good enough as a ball player to carry the load of beating the opposition press, and the thread presumes the need for a new RCB which I don't see us having money for. There is only so much having a "ball-playing GK" can do IMO.

I will stick to the predictions made here that we will utilise Mount in the current Eriksen role and Bruno will play as 10.

He seems like a really likeable fella. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on the pitch for us.

Got to give credit to his parents, what a polite, down to earth lad he seems.

It's all on EtH, hopefully he's in the Klopp mould and creates teams that are bigger than the sum of their parts. Mount seems like the quintessential "bigger than the sum of his parts" player.

I get your point, but this made me chuckle. You're saying Mount is a better player than Mount.

:lol: he’s not on work experience ffs
What you trying to say, you make no sense? There’s plenty of young footballers who would have benefited from having a better upbringing, and also come across like brats. We’ve had a few ourselves.

Tweet explaining where and how he will play is 'apologetic'.

Now I've seen it all.

Hm. This doesn't sound right. I would bet there's much higher chance Bruno will move to the right and Mount will be slotting on the left side as Rashford cuts in.

It all kind of makes sense, but also leaves Casemiro on his own so I expect million of sliding tackles this season and a few red cards.

Hm. This doesn't sound right. I would bet there's much higher chance Bruno will move to the right and Mount will be slotting on the left side as Rashford cuts in.

It all kind of makes sense, but also leaves Casemiro on his own so I expect million of sliding tackles this season and a few red cards.
Bruno will be slightly deeper like he was when Eriksen didn't play.

But on the other hand we should be retaining the ball better leading to less slide tackles and red cards.

But on the other hand we should be retaining the ball better leading to less slide tackles and red cards.
I don't think so, I think Eriksen was better at it than Mount.
On the other hand Mount actually can run and tackle so it evens out.

Bruno will be slightly deeper like he was when Eriksen didn't play.
I hope not, Bruno's place is around the box. I don't see how moving him deeper makes sense for us.

Mount had lot of success playing on right side, at least that's what I read on few analysis articles and videos.

Also Casemiro won't be on his own, one of the FBs will be supporting his in midfield.

This is what Statman D said few days ago:

Do people still watch Statman Dave?
Once I tried reading one of the stat texts he puts on the video - By the time I managed to get adjusted to the font and different colours, he skipped the topic and was talking about something completely different.
I used to watch him before and every time I would leave a comment that the way he presents stats in the form of text is very outdated and it's really hard to keep both read that text and keep up with the video.
He's still doing the same. I stopped watching him.

Do people still watch Statman Dave?
Once I tried reading one of the stat texts he puts on the video - By the time I managed to get adjusted to the font and different colours, he skipped the topic and was talking about something completely different.
I used to watch him before and every time I would leave a comment that the way he presents stats in the form of text is very outdated and it's really hard to keep both read that text and keep up with the video.
He's still doing the same. I stopped watching him.

You know there is a pause option on videos right?

When I read some text on video which is bit time consuming, i always pause the video.

Mount had lot of success playing on right side, at least that's what I read on few analysis articles and videos.

Also Casemiro won't be on his own, one of the FBs will be supporting his in midfield.
I belive Mount is quite OK on the right side, it's just if we are going for #6 and double attacking #8's, then it's logical that Bruno plays right and Mount plays left. Bruno as RM was probably our most threatening player on right side last season, and mount naturally drifts to the left and can even play wide LW.

On Casemiro - well I think this requires a higher defensive line, so there's hope with new GK coming in.