Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
fecking gutted for the lad. Looked really sharp so far this season. Was hoping we’d reorganise with a proper striker (Zirkzee) and play Mount on the left instead of Rashford. Alas, that will have to wait.

Anyone having a crack at him for getting injured, or saying it’s a good thing, needs to sort their mentality out. It’s always good to have options. And he’s a good one. Plays wherever he’s told without complaint, and works hard. Hope he’s back soon and manages to stay injury free. A fully fit Mount only makes us better from a squad perspective.

He seems really frustrated about it, I sympathise, he’s had a tough run of it since he got here. I really have no time or regard for those turning on him because he’s injured. I have even less for those who are quietly celebrating.

I'm completely baffled as to why we signed him. Would love to see Mount, Rashford, Sancho (hopefully tomorrow), Antony and Lindelof gone in next 12 months.

We can hardly blame Mount for getting injured
Not about blaming, Mount just hasn't had any use to us so far. And when he has been fit, he's been average or bland. Been a useless signing till this point, with nothing worth memorising.

For as crap Antony has been, in his first seasons you can memorise his goals vs Arsenal, Man City, Barcelona, and some other worldies he's scored. Last season he was quite instrumental vs Liverpool in our FA Cup victory. I can even remember a great cross for Garnacho vs Chelsea. Mount there is just nothing but running around.

It just goes on and on for this guy. Can't last 3 games without Injury.
Can't blame him as such but he's not got any credit in the bank to work off unlike Shaw who even the biggest negative guy would admit is top quality when fit.

I'm completely baffled as to why we signed him. Would love to see Mount, Rashford, Sancho (hopefully tomorrow), Antony and Lindelof gone in next 12 months.
The manager was banking on recreating City's style of mid with one holding beast and 2 attacking mids.

Everyone could see it didn't work even a few games in last season.
It's looked more "solid" having Bruno and Mount with 2mids behind but we don't look a huge goal threat and it was only temporary until we get Hojlund back.

Goodness how's Ten Hag wil ever get him a regular slot. Madcap signing.

Not about blaming, Mount just hasn't had any use to us so far. And when he has been fit, he's been average or bland. Been a useless signing till this point, with nothing worth memorising.

For as crap Antony has been, in his first seasons you can memorise his goals vs Arsenal, Man City, Barcelona, and some other worldies he's scored. Last season he was quite instrumental vs Liverpool in our FA Cup victory. I can even remember a great cross for Garnacho vs Chelsea. Mount there is just nothing but running around.
Mount must get a chance before being wrote off surely? He can't be judged on the little we've seen of him. Antony has had 2 years and looks as useless as the day he joined, a truly underwhelming player that would struggle to get in most Premier League starting 11s. I know who I'd rather keep in the hope of getting a tune out of.

Mount must get a chance before being wrote off surely? He can't be judged on the little we've seen of him. Antony has had 2 years and looks as useless as the day he joined, a truly underwhelming player that would struggle to get in most Premier League starting 11s. I know who I'd rather keep in the hope of getting a tune out of.
Doesn't matter about who you'd rather keep, those are quite factual. Mount has played for us before, plenty of times and has just been average. Like he was in his final season at Chelsea, as he was in England's NT before he lost his place there. Even in pre-season, with all the game time he failed to just produce anything.

Not sure why an average player needs more time to prove to the world that he's average. This guy is credited now for his pressing, might as well have kept Fred who does that and more. And he was quite terrible and nowhere near the standard.

Mount plays as an AM, that's the business end of the pitch where players are supposed to get goals and assists, or at least create space for other players to do that. Mount just runs around and we call it 'pressing'. Players have been doing that forever, but you don't have them in positions where you want damage to be done, you have them deeper where it makes sense. On top of that, he keeps getting muscle injuries, which is a tell tale sign his body can't handle the strain. So even the thing he's supposed to be good at he can't do because his body won't let him.

One of the worst signings ever, totally useless. We all knew he is injury prone, but even worse he became useless when ready too.

He’s a good player but signing him made no sense, he’s just a very expensive Bruno backup.

Even though he has shown promise in the first couple of games this season, he will always have to be shoe horned into the team and the consistent inability to stay fit means he already looks doomed to be someone we are trying to sell next summer.

He certainly hasn't been good.

Strongly disagree. Yes, his availability has been diabolical, but he's probably the best out of possession player we have in the squad. He's a massive help for us when he's not injured, either off the bench or as a starter, as we've seen in the last two games.

I didn't know we had so many Antony fan boys tbh, each to their own
Nothing to do with being fanboys, Antony has undeniably contributed more than Mount has, you just dislike Antony to the point where you can't give him any credit

Why is he releasing a statement like he's leaving Take That or something?

I think it's fair to say we haven't seen him play much. At the time he signed I didn't fully know what to think. The first two games he did fine. He's good out of possession, a player like that is important to have.

It's hard to stay fit when you miss so much match time through injuries. I think the conversation of him staying or trying to sell needs to be had this season. I hope he has a good run of games for that decision to be decided.

He's like a poor version of Owen Hargreaves. 2 games fit, 5 weeks out. The difference being Hargreaves actually was a good player and contributed in his first season to a title and a champions league. He then turned to glass.

Hopefully a hiccup before a clear injury free run. He kind of needs it at this point. I think if bruno was out i'd nearly rather replace him with mainoo or even amad. There's probably a 12-18 month window where his experience is enough of a trump card to make him preferable and thin options elsewhere will help. But long term I cant see much of a place for him, even in a limited squad role.

I actually liked him in the last game, never been particularly impressed with him but he was good. The injuries are very unfortunate, hopefully he gets a run in the team eventually and can prove me wrong.

He will be back in 6 weeks, play 3 games, "press very well" without doing anything of value, get injured, repeat.

A player we didn't need, signed for a fee we didn't need to pay if we'd waited a while and who is, like Phil Jones, unable to stay fit.

It's not his fault he's as fragile as a Christmas ornament. It's ours for signing him in the first place.

Sounds awful and nothing about Mason on a personal level, but for a team perspective, I'm glad he's not available as otherwise ETH would have kept forcing him into the team - to our detriment.

He's barely 2 years into a 5 year contract fecking hell he's already a massive flop. Like a previous poster said him and Antony have to be noted when talking about Ten Hag's legacy. By seasons end the guy will have absolutely no re-sale value and will continue to pick up an expensive wage as well.

Sounds awful and nothing about Mason on a personal level, but for a team perspective, I'm glad he's not available as otherwise ETH would have kept forcing him into the team - to our detriment.

We've been worse in both games once he came off to be fair.

People obsessed about him wearing number 7 shirt are pretty strange, who fecking cares.

He is very unlucky with injuries, too bad as he is a very important player in the squad.

People obsessed about him wearing number 7 shirt are pretty strange, who fecking cares.

He is very unlucky with injuries, too bad as he is a very important player in the squad.
The number 7 is United's most iconic shirt. It has become a thing where fans want to see an amazing player because of past players who have had such iconic moments.

In reality it's just a number but there is an expectation wearing it. Maybe that's how it should be.

The number 7 is United's most iconic shirt. It has become a thing where fans want to see an amazing player because of past players who have had such iconic moments.

In reality it's just a number but there is an expectation wearing it. Maybe that's how it should be.
No 7 was likely already cursed on the day Ferguson gave it to Owen, to be honest.

This and Antony would be our two most ridiculous signings.

Interestingly if you questioned this signing back in summer last year you would be mocked "so you know better than professional scouts and coaches?" "two times chelsea player of the year isn't good enough for us?" "didn't you see arsenal and city's double-10 set up?" by fellow United fans

This fella will be Ten Hag's legacy at the club. Cheers Erik

Fortunately, he isn't terribly useful either, so chances are the team will play better now that he isn't getting shoehorned in.

Pointless transfer from the very beginning.

Fortunately, he isn't terribly useful either, so chances are the team will play better now that he isn't getting shoehorned in.

Pointless transfer from the very beginning.
Any chance you missed the last two games? Surely not just down to him, but we played mostly well as long as he was on the pitch. And reverted back to last seasons United when he left.

It's this possible that the way he plays football (ie runs at full speed all the time) contributed to this injury? It is it just bad luck, or his body is cooked?

Any chance you missed the last two games? Surely not just down to him, but we played mostly well as long as he was on the pitch. And reverted back to last seasons United when he left.
They either made their mind up before he stepped on the pitch in a United shirt or simply don't understand what he contributes.

The worst part of him being one of our worst ever signings is that, unlike all the other disaster signings, the majority of fans knew it was a poor one from the first link through to the deal announced.
It was the most obvious bad signing ever. At least with Antony loads of us had initial hope, having never seen him play.