Manuel Ugarte | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been holding my breath for weeks about this transfer; I don't know why I'm not dead, to be honest. But I watched Ugarte throughout Copa America and paid a lot of attention to his game, and this is a wonderful signing for us. Aggressive, ball winning, can dribble, and has that X factor. A winner. I even think he and Licha will be a formidable friendship despite their countries being such rivals. They're two talented pit bulls from the same litter.

Feels like he’s gonna be the most transformative signing in the coming years..let’s wait and see

Our new #25? Honestly, I can’t wait to see him, particularly once he settles in. His aggression, mobility, athleticism and defensive nous are traits we’ve been crying out for in the midfield.

GWQaQZmWsAAveFq.jpg
The jacket is pure class

I'd be extremely happy if he can be as good as Mascherano.

Buzzing with this deal. Got a feeling he will be a key player very soon.

We finally have a midfield who can cover a lot of ground. I think he can be a long term fit next to Mainoo and another midfielder who can dictate play.

I hope that the fans on here give him time and not expect immediate results like everyone else who signs for us !! I cam see it now - first mistake and it'll be " what a waste of money. Why did we get rid of McTominay/Ericsson et al?" I hope Collyer will benefit from working with him.

This guy has a real dead look in his eyes man.

What a freak. I hope he plays like that as well. I want hard players who will go about like its do or die.

I hope we've readied a proper breakdown video of the PL refereeing standards, where the bar is set and, uh, their proclivities. Welcome, lad!

Robert Webb. That's who he looks like. Been bothering me for weeks that I couldn't pin that down.

Our new "new Roy Keane", after the last "new Roy Keane" in Casemiro, who is now crap apparently after 2 seasons :lol:

He might have the tenacity of Keane, but I don't think the rest of his game is at that level. People underestimate what Keane was here.
That was always the risk with Casemiro, did very well in his first season and it's been downhill since those bans. Funny enough, Ugarte could be the guy to help us get the best out of Case - either play the latter as an 8 in a three with Mainoo or Bruno, use Casemiro sparingly thereby keeping him fresh or serve as a wake up call to Casemiro to get his act right.

I think we need his skill set right now but I think, in three or four seasons, he could be overtaken by a younger, more rounded talent like Kone or Gore depending on how they develop. Right now he is perfect to play with Kobie/Casemiro or even Bruno late on in games where we will be searching for a goal.

Love the position we signed, love the attributes he will seemingly bring. Slightly concerned it took some convincing ETH to sign him.

Love the position we signed, love the attributes he will seemingly bring. Slightly concerned it took some convincing ETH to sign him.
He hasn't convinced PSG fans either to be fair

Why would that be concerning?

That was always the risk with Casemiro, did very well in his first season and it's been downhill since those bans. Funny enough, Ugarte could be the guy to help us get the best out of Case - either play the latter as an 8 in a three with Mainoo or Bruno, use Casemiro sparingly thereby keeping him fresh or serve as a wake up call to Casemiro to get his act right.

I think we need his skill set right now but I think, in three or four seasons, he could be overtaken by a younger, more rounded talent like Kone or Gore depending on how they develop. Right now he is perfect to play with Kobie/Casemiro or even Bruno late on in games where we will be searching for a goal.
Is he though? My worry is there's no combination of two of those three (Cas, Ugarte, Mainoo) that doesn't leave you without something you crucially need in central midfield. If the descriptions of his skill set are correct.

What was their biggest issue with him? Ability on the ball, I'm assuming?
I read their forums, despite being likeable there was a consensus he had cement feet too many gaps in his game and would fall to ground a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.