Manuel Ugarte | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally someone with bite in midfield.

I have a feeling he's going to be a player that opposition fans hate which I love.

Pleased with finally adding a midfielder. But still have mixed feelings on funding PSGs bid for João Neves instead of signing him ourselves

Must be really country specific, drinking mate have it in the reveal video:lol:. Had a Uruguayan mate at work who sipped that shit all the time.

Welcome Manuel! Now run non stop for the next one and a half day and get fit for Liverpool please.

Huge call. If he is half the player that Keane was we will have done really well in this window. Once again I say….
Please, please be the player.

That jawline could cut diamonds. Another good, young acquisition who we hopefully fits well in our system. Obviously removes the Casemiro headache too.

I'm not sure he's the exact profile of midfielder I would have chosen but I don't doubt that he's one of the very best at what he does so that has to be exciting.

Should be ready to go after the internationals. Hopefully United can get a system going now and a bit of consistency in the midfield.

Can’t wait to see what he brings to the team!

If Kone's development works out well, along with an established CDM like Ugarte, we're going to restore some long missed, real steel back into our midfield, in the coming years.

Keane replaced finally
Hahaha that’s a BIG statement. Keano wasn’t just a ball winner, he could play! Let’s not hype this guy too much just yet by saying he’s replacing the greatest captain and one of the best midfielders we’ve ever had

Hopefully he'll be a success. Perhaps him and Casemiro will rotate so we can get the best out of Casemiro (or what's left of it).

Out of interest has there been any reason that it's only been announced today?

I agree with those saying he probably wouldn't have played against Liverpool anyway, just really curious.

Delighted with this. Him and Yoro really are the club stepping up in terms of the level of player identified. I know some media folks (TOTD and NQAT) have looked down upon buying a pure destroyer and quite underrate Ugarte as a footballer overall, but I think he'll be a mainstay in this team going forward.

Can't wait to see him in our XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.