Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it's probably been posted, but seems like most haven't acknowledged this

Swiss Rumble has already explained that we don’t effectively have many limits on PSR anymore. They calculated we can easily spend 250m this summer without having any concerns.

So the only limits financially are actual cash flow, and our internal limits on sustainable spending. I don’t believe any player has to leave for us to be able to sign anyone unless we literally have no cash in the bank and no access to credit facilities.

I believe we will be working hard to balance the books over the course of the summer and we will see plenty of outgoings to accomplish that, but I don’t believe for a second that we aren’t able to buy anyone without selling. The hard data just doesn’t support it.

We have cleverly repositioned the perception of the club as being unable to spend, thus proving a powerful negotiating tool, but the idea that we HAVE to sell to buy, from a purely financial perspective, has been debunked by those willing to look hard enough into the facts.

PSR was a concern up to June 30th, but with 21/22’s exceptional losses now dropping out of the three year cycle, we no longer have any PSR concerns. In fact, it’s been explained that will the pure profit sales of academy players this summer, and the wage reductions from losing Martial, Varane, and not playing in the CL, we could effectively afford to sign 4 players for 100m each on 300k p/wk contracts and still not breach PSR this season. We’ll never come close to that outlay, but it’s perfectly within the clubs reach to spend 200-250m this summer without selling anyone.

Last edited:
I think him and Mainoo alongside would get caught out of position a lot from what I've seen/heard. I don't want to see a wide open midfield like last season. He also doesn't improve us on the ball.
Who would be your ideal signing for the price range 45-50m euros?

I think him and Mainoo alongside would get caught out of position a lot from what I've seen/heard. I don't want to see a wide open midfield like last season. He also doesn't improve us on the ball.
:lol:

Never miss a trick do you? Lives up to your tag each and every time.

He does improve us on the ball

I don't get how McTominay who's 27, even in the last year of his contract, wouldn't fetch 25M+ considering the season he just had.
He was rubbish all season, just because he got a couple of goals like any other premier league midfielder people think he had a decent season. He was missing all those games

Who are you? Let's hear your opinion? Best possible player we could get I assume?
I’m more than happy with Ugarte. His job is not to join Mainoo box to box midfielder. He’s more of the Kante mold to stop the opposition attack and protect the back four, leaving Mainoo and Bruno to go and do what they do best.

He will help us play the high line. A bit of a nasty streak about him would love him here. What about you if not Ugarte for under £60m who? No good complaining about him if you have no idea who else in that price bracket!!?

Swiss Rumble has already explained that we don’t effectively have many limits on PSR anymore. They calculated we can easily spend 250m this summer without having any concerns.

So the only limits financially are actual cash flow, and our internal limits on sustainable spending. I don’t believe any player has to leave for us to be able to sign anyone unless we literally have no cash in the bank and no access to credit facilities.

I believe we will be working hard to balance the books over the course of the summer and we will see plenty of outgoings to accomplish that, but I don’t believe for a second that we aren’t able to buy anyone without selling. The hard data just doesn’t support it.

We have cleverly repositioned the perception of the club as being unable to spend, thus proving a powerful negotiating tool, but the idea that we HAVE to sell to buy, from a purely financial perspective, has been debunked by those willing to look hard enough into the facts.

PSR was a concern up to June 30th, but with 21/22’s exceptional losses now dropping out of the three year cycle, we no longer have any PSR concerns. In fact, it’s been explained that will the pure profit sales of academy players this summer, and the wage reductions from losing Martial, Varane, and not playing in the CL, we could effectively afford to sign 4 players for 100m each on 300k p/wk contracts and still not breach PSR this season. We’ll never come close to that outlay, but it’s perfectly within the clubs reach to spend 200-250m this summer without selling anyone.

That’s interesting. That would have been my perception too to be honest but based on what everyone else is reporting I assumed that things were a lot tighter.

I also assumed that the allowable losses of £115m over a 3 season period to be covered by owner funding, which we’ve never utilised under the Glazers, would also loosen the purse strings a bit with INEOS now running the show.

for 60m we might as well just take Joao Neves
I don't think they are the same type of players anyway, therefor why we opt to chase Ugarte. I think he fits better next to Mainoo which is the more important thing rather than just blow our budget and still lack the CDM we need.

So we agreed with the player and PSG want to sell so this should be pretty straightforward although it might get held up until they sign Neves

I hope PSG are willing to take a considerable loss on him if they’re so keen to move him on and take on shiny new toy Joao Neves.

Exactly therefore I don’t see why we can’t expect a £30m fee for Mctominay. There pretty much the same however Scott has shown to have a better goal return and more experience. He’s only 3 years older.

I'd like someone other than Romano to chip in with this, but it kind of feels like this is another where it's a matter of when not if.

Bit.....smooth all this transfer stuff, isn't it?

If we want a progressive passer in midfield some of the top ranked ones in Europe’s top 5 leagues that might be buyable
  • Groß
  • Caqueret
  • Guimarães
  • Barella
  • Pepelu
  • Fofana
  • Stiller
  • Ederson
He is a very interesting profile, I watched Valencia to see what Javi Guerra was about, but was far more impressed with him.

The way I understood the financials was that United just need to be safe by the next June 30th cut-off. So United would have the winter window and any early sales next summer to balance the books.

It's better if United don't need to resort to that, but I don't think United need to make any huge sales before they can bring in a DM.

But as always I could just be chatting shit.

He was rubbish all season, just because he got a couple of goals like any other premier league midfielder people think he had a decent season. He was missing all those games

7 goals in the premier league, a lot of them from the bench, which is more than the majority of premier league midfielders.

L’Equipe reports PSG wants €70m for Ugarte. Why we don’t sign some exciting prospect from the famous Ashworth shortlist for €300k? A la Kanté to Leicester

7 goals in the premier league, a lot of them from the bench, which is more than the majority of premier league midfielders.
He has scored a total of 19 goals in 178 premier league apps. People not to stop acting like he guarantees regular goals. I get it, he is a lovely guy from the academy, everyone seems to love him, but this guy is a complete hindrance in modern game - he has no fight in him, no positional awareness and cant be relied on if you want control in the games.

70M for Ugarte? So basically they would go ahead and use that 70M to buy Neves instead? No thanks.

It is strange how Erik did U turn regarding no6 position. From playmaker like De Jong being priority, he decided to go for destroyers Casemiro and now Ugarte.

Status
Not open for further replies.