Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll ever get a post mortem interview of what the original idea/plan/intent was for him or if ETH had plans for a midfield of more than 3.

Hopefully he can stay injury free and we get a better idea of how he fits.

Then again Eriksen was thrown into the fire as a 8 of sorts many times so it's maybe just as simple as ETH thinking he could retrofit an offensive player into a false 8.

————— Bruno
— Mount
————-Ugarte

Would actually make a great midfield

And if it works, Mainoo can rotate in and out across all those positions and not get burned out

So who are they going to bring in that's going to do better against that physicality? Joao Neves? No chance, Fabian Ruiz? No chance, Vitinha? Ni chance. His being surplus to requirements is more down to the manager's preference for ball players and he's not as good a ball player as some other midfielders. If it was physicality, he would be the first name on the team sheet as PSG have no physicality at all in midfield outside him.

He would be if his physicality were useful against the better teams which wasn't the case in the CL. RLC made him look like a kid in the same way he did to Fred a few years ago. He didn't look much better against Guimaraes either. In the game against Arsenal last year where he played well, his tackling still looked rash and got him a red card.

He'll immediately be the sexiest player at the club. Where's the old drool emote when you need it?!
The amount of South American steel in the spine of the squad with him and Martinez would be something.

Proper warrior spirit at 2 of the most important positions on the pitch

To hell with the actual football, this is where the real excitement is. I’m discovering and experiencing the kind of joy I never thought existed.

I overdosed on transfer dopamine the last few windows to the point where the novelty of a new signing completely disappeared. The reaction to this and Yoro reminds me of when we signed Enzo and Caicedo.

The amount of South American steel in the spine of the squad with him and Martinez would be something.

Proper warrior spirit at 2 of the most important positions on the pitch
We seem to be assembling the South American avengers. We need a Colombian next.

fecking get in there, this is the one I've wanted the most to be honest. Get that midfield partner for Mainoo sorted. Hope it gets finished quickly.
Ugarte be kidding me.
I don't really love the look of him or think he's what we need but will look forward to hopefully being proven wrong.
I like this signing. Hope we get one more in midfield as well though

I used to think the fan comments on Football Manager were unrealistic.

I am absolutely delighted two players I've never heard of have been signed so quickly.

Keep it up

————— Bruno
— Mount
————-Ugarte

And if it works, Mainoo can rotate in and out across all those positions and not get burned out

Wtf?! Mainoo is first name on the team sheet, ain’t no rotation for him, the others can rotate for Kobbie!

Great to see us moving earlier in the transfer window and actually getting deals across the line quickly.

————— Bruno
— Mount
————-Ugarte

I think any midfield combination including both Mount and Bruno is inherently flawed.

Are Premier League already started? We can’t sign so many players this early.

Already the best transfer window in many years. Regardless of how the new signings play

Is this what we were supposed to be doing these past 20 years? at this rate no transfer thread is ever going to reach a respectable number of pages. FFS ineos, youre killing the caf.

He's not better than Casemiro on the ball but certainly is better than Amrabat.
Really?

I think Casemiro has been pretty shocking on the ball for us. Some surprising goal contributions yes but as a midfielder I would judge being good on the ball as finding red shirts, he constantly sprays it to the opposition with silly passes.

————— Bruno
— Mount
————-Ugarte

have you lost it? Mainoo rotate in? he's the future of United and the midfield. Nobody puts Mainoo in the corner.

sell off Casemiro and Scotty....bring in Ugarte and Amrabat on loan...midfield is then sorted out

All our signings under the age of 24. Very good for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.