Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we lose two we need two.

Or maybe we can have one.. Just thinking it through.

Mainoo (Mount)
Ugarte (Casemiro / his replacement)
Bruno (Zirkzee)

^ of course if Mainoo is unavailable or needs a rest, we can also put Bruno deeper and mount in a 10. The options are there, but Ugarte will need cover, be it Casemiro, Amrabat or whoever.
That’s why it makes a ton of sense to go for Rabiot on a free. Helps us for at least a couple of years while we manage our finances.

I'd be a bit surprised if we put in anything other than a loan offer at this stage.

On a side note, my Google translate is working very slowly today, so in attempting to read an article in French, I came across the phrase "Diables Rouge." I knew that meant Red Devils already, but I'd never seen it written as such before. Sounds very sexy.

That’s why it makes a ton of sense to go for Rabiot on a free. Helps us for at least a couple of years while we manage our finances.
Rabiot always wants big wages and a signing on fee though, and turns 30 in April, so ideally you wouldn't want to offer him a long contract.

At a certain point you might as well just spend money on someone younger.

I'd be a bit surprised if we put in anything other than a loan offer at this stage.

On a side note, my Google translate is working very slowly today, so in attempting to read an article in French, I came across the phrase "Diables Rouge." I knew that meant Red Devils already, but I'd never seen it written as such before. Sounds very sexy.

Yeah that will certainly be the case until we have managed to sell a couple of midfielders

Sign this guy, Rabiot and De Ligt (which I don’t think is being unrealistic) while selling McTominay, Casemiro, Maguire, AWB and Lindelof and that is an exceptional transformation.

There could even be room in the budget for a new RB, and the absolute dream would be a striker as well.

Rabiot always wants big wages and a signing on fee though, and turns 30 in April, so ideally you wouldn't want to offer him a long contract.

Obviously if he is asking for something that doesn’t fit our wage structure then we shouldn’t sign him.

Sign this guy, Rabiot and De Ligt (which I don’t think is being unrealistic) while selling McTominay, Casemiro, Maguire, AWB and Lindelof and that is an exceptional transformation.

There could even be room in the budget for a new RB, and the absolute dream would be a striker as well.
I think with Zirkzee's arrival, and the experiment at the end of last season to play Bruno as a false 9, we won't be getting another striker this summer. Kadioglu to cover either side at FB would be ideal, not too expensive either. Along with Yoro, De Ligt, Ugarte, and another midfielder (prob not Rabiot due to wages), that would be about as good a transfer window as we could have.

Loan deal with obligation to buy sounds the best deal for us. Will save us money this window.

Yoro £52m, £13m a year Zirkzee, Ugarte with a loan with a mandatory buy.

Gives us extra money to go for De Ligt I hope.

With additional outs perhaps a full back cover and another squad player.

Last year I wanted Tielemans on a free, Rabiot wouldn't be a terrible option at 29 on a free, move on Eriksen and McT

I think if we lose two we need two.

Or maybe we can have one.. Just thinking it through.

Mainoo (Mount)
Ugarte (Casemiro / his replacement)
Bruno (Zirkzee)

^ of course if Mainoo is unavailable or needs a rest, we can also put Bruno deeper and mount in a 10. The options are there, but Ugarte will need cover, be it Casemiro, Amrabat or whoever.
Ugarte and Neves is the pipe dream.

as long as the rumors continue to float that's a positive that there must be some type of interest from both parties

I would expect INEOS to move on quickly then

Why though? It'll take our spending to ~137M (42M Ugarte, 52M Yoro, 33M Zirkzee). I think we make enough to do that without any outgoings on a normal summer.

When you add in the fact that we're saving on Varane / Martial wages and we sold Greenwood we should really do even more.

EDIT: I guess one consideration is if we're still in for De Ligt. It might be too much to get both De Ligt and Ugarte.

On to the next one!!! :devil:

Deck chairs out boys

jason-momoa-chair.gif
I have put the beers on the cooler! Guess we will be here for awhile.

We've lacked a pure destroyer for a while. I wanted Schneiderlin to be that, and he did not end up the player I thought we'd be getting.

Not to compare him to Rodri, as Rodri clearly is an insanely world class player, but having a player of that ilk who just protects the back four and just breaks up attacks is what we have severely lacked. Our defence had zero protection last season hence the onslaught of shots we endured.

Schneiderlin, never seen a player so overawed by the weight of playing for United. Seemed to shrink in confidence. It was like he had imposter syndrome.

Is he that good? Seemed to perform well for Country but is it not a worry that PSG want rid?

Nope, PSG just want new toys to make them look relevant, especially now that they’ve lost Mbappe.

With Neves coming in, Ruiz, Vitinha and that young lad, Ugarte himself probably wants out.

PSG don't want him, because they have many options like Vitinha, Ruiz, Danilo and youngsters like Moscardo and Zaire-Emery. If they get Neves then Ugarte is not getting a single minute. He is also a pure DM - tackling, hustling, wrestling, lots of energy and ok technically with a decent pass - and that is not really needed for their league quality.

For us, he would be a good fit, as we will 100% want to play with Mainoo and Bruno, and this midfield cannot be balanced with a non-pure DM or "over the hill" Casemiro, in my opinion.

I don't think he's like Rodri tbh. Very aggressive, hard tackler but I have some concerns about his positional awareness. If he pushes up too much and misses a tackle then our defence could potentially be exposed. Rodri's positioning is absolutely exceptional moreso than him being this nonstop runner who tackles everyone. Personally I think Joao Neves is more likely to end up playing that Rodri role in his career. Ugarte's probably more like a Kante with worse positional awareness.

If we do get him I hope he finds the balance between when to be that aggressive tackler and when to stay back to shield the defence. Mainoo would likewise need to be disciplined playing alongside him.

Schneiderlin, never seen a player so overawed by the weight of playing for United. Seemed to shrink in confidence. It was like he had imposter syndrome.

It was so bizarre. I watched him a lot at Saints and always rated him, I was happy when we signed him. Now he’s one of those “did he really play for them” players. He has two seasons here and I can barely even picture him in the red shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.