Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
With PSR the next check point is June 30th 2025...so United would have the January window and an early exit in the Summer 2025 window to balance the books.

Get Ugarte in asap.

He would be a big plus against Liverpool.

And Brighton if we could get it done quick enough, think they will be a tough match.

I’m still flabbergasted multiple posters were left perplexed as to what a “loan with an obligation to buy” is.

That’s been around for donkeys and multiple clubs have used them. Absolutely bizarre
It's not something our club has done before though, so why the flabbergastion o flabbergastee?

Loan w/ obligation is no good either, that only eats up 50M from our transfer budget next season(when we need actually starting quality #6 to replace Casemiro, and ball playing #8 to replace Eriksen).

Loan w/ obligation is no good either, that only eats up 50M from our transfer budget next season(when we need actually starting quality #6 to replace Casemiro, and ball playing #8 to replace Eriksen).

Doubt it when we’re paying for our other two signings (I think, I know one of them for sure) in yearly instalments, I think we’ll be fine.

That being said, so many conflicting reports about us needing to sell or not.

It's not something our club has done before though, so why the flabbergastion o flabbergastee?
It was more the fact that loan with obligation seemed to be this new thing, when it’s been around since for as long as I can remember. It was treated as like a new way of doing business when it’s not

Luckhurst with a complete guess as per

Ugarte would be the starting quality 6

Ugarte would be the starting quality 6
Not in my book. Casemiro on his day is a better player. He's not an elite #6, nor will he ever be, but that's just my opinion. I dont see him as our long term starting #6, if we have PL aspirations.

Doubt it when we’re paying for our other two signings (I think, I know one of them for sure) in yearly instalments, I think we’ll be fine.
People talk about yearly installments, but also forget that we will be paying the yearly installments of previous years, next year too. Regardless the point being, I'd rather get Ugarte as part of this season's budget, rather than eating into next season's, when we need a midfield overhaul anyway.

Not in my book. Casemiro on his day is a better player. He's not an elite #6, nor will he ever be, but that's just my opinion. I dont see him as our long term #6, if we have PL aspirations.
Casemiro isn’t elite either. Most want him sold.

Very logical decision if we go the loan route. Dare I say it a club with actual brains is emerging.
Even with the news of PSG raising the price tag to €70m if we choose the loan with obligation route?

There have to be alternatives, right? It doesn't look like PSG are going to cave so we should have some back up options surely?

While I rate Ugarte and want him here he's not really a no.6 is he? He's a defensive no.8 like Kante. Ten Hag doesn't seem to want to use a 6 in his system though so it's fine.

You are correct everyone is intitled to their opinion and no ones opinion is any more correct than anyone else's

However Onana has signed for Villa so what's the point in bringing him up in the Ugarte thread? If he was still available at Everton, then that makes sense.

However he has signed for Villa and utd decided not to make a bid.

In regards to the example of sander berge, if the club decides he meets their specific requirements then I'd support the signing and look forward to seeing what the club saw in the player when they were doing their due diligence on him.

I'm not the poster who brought up Onana. I just responded to someone who said Ugarte was "10x the player", which is really far from the truth.

How?

ETH said he doesn't want McTominay to go, but that would make no sense if Ugarte depends on him leaving.

How?

ETH said he doesn't want McTominay to go, but that would make no sense if Ugarte depends on him leaving.
Don't think what he says really means much, when clubs aren't matching what we're asking for McT he's not gonna come out and say he's dying to get rid.

It does worry me that this seems to be the only thing happening on the incomings front. Bit worried we'll be to reliant on Mainoo and run him into the ground.

Not in my book. Casemiro on his day is a better player. He's not an elite #6, nor will he ever be, but that's just my opinion. I dont see him as our long term starting #6, if we have PL aspirations.
You don’t have to be elite. You just have to be good in a system and know your role. Liverpool won trophies with Jordan Henderson.

People talk about yearly installments, but also forget that we will be paying the yearly installments of previous years, next year too. Regardless the point being, I'd rather get Ugarte as part of this season's budget, rather than eating into next season's, when we need a midfield overhaul anyway.
I'm pretty sure the people in charge of the club can make a wise decision on how to structure the deal and allocate the cost. The yearly cost of signing Ugarte today will be the same cost if signed next year. The thing they're trying to mitigate by a loan is the cash flow.

You don’t have to be elite. You just have to be good in a system and know your role. Liverpool won trophies with Jordan Henderson.

Henderson was elite, although I'm not sure what your definition of elite is.

Really? He was awful.

Awful player who captained Liverpool and was one of the first names on the team sheet when they won the CL, got 99 points in the league, went unbeaten in the PL for 44 games, took 103 points out of the available 105 at one point, and were at least a top 2 team in Europe for a few years? Liverpool were one of the best teams in the world in the 18/19, 19/20, and 21/22 seasons. Henderson was one of their most important players in all 3 of them.

I don't like him as a person at all, but he's very underrated by the masses.

I am surprised to see not enough interest coming from other clubs like Bayern/Juve/Barca
I wish we act fast and not losing him to other clubs, Looks like he has decided to come to us hence we are playing cool through agent Mendes.

Think it's not making any sense.

We have only one number 6 in our team, Casemiro, and he was mainly injured and poor last year. Make sense to have one replacement/competitor for him while Mc Tominay is more advanced and can be replaced by Eriksen, Mount, Mainoo and Bruno (even Zirkzee if we go 4-4-2).

Awful player who captained Liverpool and was one of the first names on the team sheet when they won the CL, got 99 points in the league, went unbeaten in the PL for 44 games, took 103 points out of the available 105 at one point, and were at least a top 2 team in Europe for a few years? Liverpool were one of the best teams in the world in the 18/19, 19/20, and 21/22 seasons. Henderson was one of their most important players in all 3 of them.

I don't like him as a person at all, but he's very underrated by the masses.
Do you believe that Cleverley wasn't an awful player?

Do you believe that Cleverley wasn't an awful player?

I don't think he was awful. I think he had way more potential in him than what he became in the end, which is a decent PL player. But how is this a relevant comparison to Henderson? Cleverley was never a crucial player for us, was he?

I am surprised to see not enough interest coming from other clubs like Bayern/Juve/Barca
I wish we act fast and not losing him to other clubs, Looks like he has decided to come to us hence we are playing cool through agent Mendes.
Bayern Munich have signed Palhinha.
Juventus have signed Douglas Luiz.
Barca have no money.

It doesn't matter about your book. That's the reason why he'd be bought.

I don't think he was awful. I think he had way more potential in him than what he became in the end, which is a decent PL player. But how is this a relevant comparison to Henderson? Cleverley was never a crucial player for us, was he?
He was a regular starter for league winners and played the same position hence the comparison.

Very logical decision if we go the loan route. Dare I say it a club with actual brains is emerging.

The main concern for me is it being a loan with an obligation to buy rather than an option to buy which means even if he turns out to be a huge flop we still have to buy him and also what happens when we have to negotiate a contract with him next summer, he is apparentley on €119k per week at PSG and PSG will likely still be paying a percentage of that while he is loaned to us which will save us a few bob but come next summer is he going to be in a position where he can demand much higher wages because we have no option but to buy him?

He was a regular starter for league winners and played the same position hence the comparison.

This is an awful comparison. He was in his early 20s when we were winning leagues and his development obviously deteriorated after Ferguson left, and then especially after leaving United. It's also arguable that he was never a regular starter for United either. Just a talented player that was being phased into the United side, and then due to several reasons his career never reached the heights it could've. United have had a lot of players like that in the last decade. Martial, Januzaj, etc.

Pretty sure Scott is now not going anywhere.

I am perplexed that there is no news about Sancho. I get the vultures are waiting for his price to drop to £10 million

Status
Not open for further replies.