Manuel Ugarte Uruguay flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Been waiting for this guy all summer. I think he'll be incredible for us. Pairs really well with Mainoo and Bruno. The baseline technical level of our starting XI is miles above what we've had for the past few years.

Onana, Shaw, Martinez, De Ligt, Mazraoui, Ugarte, Mainoo, Bruno, Rashford, Amad, Zirkzee

Rashford's technique is the only one I question a bit but I trust every single one of those players to find solutions when pressed without shitting the bed.

Interested to see how he links with Martinez. I wonder if the South American fire will burn stronger

Been waiting for this guy all summer. I think he'll be incredible for us. Pairs really well with Mainoo and Bruno. The baseline technical level of our starting XI is miles above what we've had for the past few years.

Onana, Shaw, Martinez, De Ligt, Mazraoui, Ugarte, Mainoo, Bruno, Rashford, Amad, Zirkzee

Rashford's technique is the only one I question a bit but I trust every single one of those players to find solutions when pressed without shitting the bed.
I think the team is shaping up on paper.

3-5-2

Onana

Yoro
Martinez
De Ligit

Shaw
Maino
Ugarte
Bruno
Mazraoui

Hojlund
? (Have your pick from the rest)

3-5-2

Onana

Yoro
Martinez
De Ligit

Shaw
Maino
Ugarte
Bruno
Mazraoui

Hojlund
One place for Rashford, Garnacho, Zirkzee and Amad? I doubt it

Been waiting for this guy a Decade more like it.

3-5-2

Onana

Yoro
Martinez
De Ligit

Shaw
Maino
Ugarte
Bruno
Mazraoui

Hojlund
You genuinely think Ten Hag is randomly going to shape us like that?

We need to be careful not to get overly excited. In his short time yesterday he was continually urging the players to move forward. But I am looking forward to seeing his full influence on the team.

I’m just looking for him to provide stability in the centre of the pitch. Not expecting him to be our saviour but a solid platform for players like Mainoo and Mount to play off, give time for Gore and Collyer to grow as players and let Eriksen and Casimero to rotate.

I liked his aggression and positioning, while keeping things ticking over. Good debut.

3-5-2

Onana

Yoro
Martinez
De Ligit

Shaw
Maino
Ugarte
Bruno
Mazraoui

Hojlund
This won't happen :

1. We can't keep 3 CBs fit
2. We can't keep any LB fit
3. Amad, Garnacho, Rashford and Antony are wingers who don't fit into that formation at all

This won't happen :

1. We can't keep 3 CBs fit
2. We can't keep any LB fit
3. Amad, Garnacho, Rashford and Antony are wingers who don't fit into that formation at all
They’ve clarified that this is just what they want (I think).

The player out of all of them who is supposed to be the most natural at evading the press is probably the worst here.

Michael fecking Carrick once got booed at Old trafford for passing back to the keeper. He will be fine.

Man Utd 7:0 Barnsley New
Just seems like a sane, modern, athletic centre mid with a bit of quality in his passing. Exactly what we need.

The irony is for all the talk he was far better on the ball today than off of it. Yes tougher tests to come but his dribbling and press resistance is noticeable. Turned well with the ball today. Off the ball he was actually abit late to a lot of challenges, perhaps still getting up to speed.

Solid. Got away with a few fouls that might be called a booking if PL refs have their way, but he was exactly as advertised. Combative in defense, can turn and run through a press and can pick a pass forward if needed. Need to see him against better opposition but early signs are good.

He’s breaking up play there repeatedly. Even when he can’t get the ball he stops the play and doesn’t get a yellow. He’s also ruthless in the tackle when he has a good chance of getting it. We need players doing the basics for each other and winning the battle in the engine room. We’ve got a good player here.

3-5-2

Onana

Yoro
Martinez
De Ligit

Shaw
Maino
Ugarte
Bruno
Mazraoui

Hojlund

I doubt we'll be playing 352, certainly not based on this game anyway. The young lad was just at LB to step into midfield as we were playing weaker opposition. We did the same thing a few times last season with Amrabat at LB.

He’s breaking up play there repeatedly. Even when he can’t get the ball he stops the play and doesn’t get a yellow. He’s also vicious in the tackle when he has a good chance of getting it. We need players doing the basics for each other and winning the battle in the engine room. We’ve got a good player here.
Largely as the ref wanted the evening off.

He'd have gone into the book early in the prem, and he'll rack up yellow cards if he plays like that.

Hopefully just rust/excitement.

The irony is for all the talk he was far better on the ball today than off of it. Yes tougher tests to come but his dribbling and press resistance is noticeable. Turned well with the ball today. Off the ball he was actually abit late to a lot of challenges, perhaps still getting up to speed.
He was unfortunately the same with PSG. He gets the man more often than he gets the ball.

I hope he’ll come good, and it’s hard to judge off his first game but I’m still not convinced

He was unfortunately the same with PSG. He gets the man more often than he gets the ball.

I hope he’ll come good, and it’s hard to judge off his first game but I’m still not convinced
I liked his attitude, but yeh in the premier league he will get bookings galore and struggle if he can’t get up to speed.

Hmmm - hopefully just a bit of rust, but he was half an hour late to at least 5 challenges

Kind of disappointed with him off the ball and equally surprised how good he was on the ball. Some of his tackles were late and too hard, like he was going after the player rather than the ball, he can't play like that in a serious game.

I guess he's the kind of player on the ball that makes a lot of "obvious" moves, but when pressed he was actually quite creative and very composed.

Happy for him and excited to see what comes next.

I liked what I saw. Good start for him, adding a bit of grit and intensity in the side. Looking forward to see him more.