Manuel Ugarte Uruguay flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Why are you making things up? He literally started the attack for our first goal with a brilliant forward pass to Zirkzee.
No worries so, he made one pass forwards and 90% of the rest go backwards allowing teams to get their shape and structure back. No wonder our attacks lead to nothing. We depend on our wingers to come up with something.

I watched 10 passes in a row all go backwards, go watch the replay before talking shite about one pass.

No worries so, he made one pass forwards and 90% of the rest go backwards allowing teams to get their shape and structure back. No wonder our attacks lead to nothing. We depend on our wingers to come up with something.

I watched 10 passes in a row all go backwards, go watch the replay before talking shite about one pass.
Or you know, you could just check a compilation on YouTube of all his touches and involvements and see that he didn't just make one pass forwards, but that's not going to stop you from making things up.

Also, being a defensive midfielder, of course you're going to make sideways and backwards passes. This isn't FIFA where you can just make a through ball forward constantly.

Relying on our attackers to attack, now that's controversial :rolleyes:

Ugarte isn’t in the team to be the creative play maker, he’s there to win the ball back and pass it to a creator, I’d suggest our biggest issue is none of our forward players create any space for themselves so no one has anyone to pass to, not just Ugarte. We’re a team of status expect hitting it down the lines for the wingers to run into.

I have been posting on message boards about Manchester United as long as I can remember using the internet. Obviously these types of sites are notorious for people complaining, that's what the whole internet is, but it's different than it is now. Back in the day we might argue about tactics, or performances, etc, but we all had a common goal, we supported Manchester United and wanted out team to be successful.

The Ronaldo/Messi era changed things, people picked their favorite of the two and Player FC started. A whole generation of football fans grew up idolizing one of two individual players, and became fans of those players, not their teams. This seems to have permanently altered the football world because people started to prioritize individual players, they started following individual players, as they move team to team and often times they seem to put those players above the club they are playing for.

So now on a site like Redcafe, which is supposedly United fans, we can't have an honest conversation about our team because we are arguing with people that put Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, etc above the good of United. Or you end up with situations like this thread, or Zirkzee's thread. Honestly, as a United fan, I am disgusted by the conversations I have read by people that are also supposed to be United fans. There are plently of players I don't like that we have signed, Mount, Amrabat to name a couple recently, but the moment they sign, we're the same team, and what do I have to gain from slagging them off and wishing them failure? Nothing, their success is my success, so I hope nothing more than those players, that I don't personally rate, proving me wrong and putting in good performances.

I read through this thread and I don't for a second think these are honest actors who hope to see Ugarte improve and United's success improve, no, I know what I am dealing with are people that wanted us to sign Amadou Onana or Joao Neves this summer. We didn't sign their favorite player, and now they are here to point out everything negative they can connect to this decision. You aren't arguing with United fans, you are arguing with Neves/Onana fans, and their goals don't align with yours, they want United to fail, so they could be right.