Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Why not?

Obertan played really well in his last start and deserves his place. If Nani had done the same he would have played a lot more football in recent weeks.

Done the same? You mean look quite promising but fail to connect with any cross, get a goal or make an assist?

Obertan has looked promising and I like him. Very raw, but looks like he could be a good player. People are praising him for the same things they are criticising Nani for. Even when Nani is not having his best game, he often chips in with a goal or assist. I don't think Obertan has one of either.

Nani has a half decent appearance and gets taken off after the hour mark, whereas other players, like Anderson, can play totally shit and still get guaranteed starts.

Man Utd

* 29 Kuszczak
* 02 Neville
* 06 Brown
* 15 Vidic
* 30 De Laet
* 08 Anderson
* 13 Park
* 28 Gibson
* 09 Berbatov
* 19 Welbeck
* 26 Obertan

Substitutes

* 40 Amos,
* 11 Giggs,
* 14 Tosic,
* 16 Carrick,
* 24 Fletcher,
* 07 Owen,
* 27 Macheda

Tottenham

* 01 Gomes
* 02 Hutton
* 03 Bale
* 19 Bassong
* 20 Dawson
* 05 Bentley
* 07 Lennon
* 08 Jenas
* 12 Palacios
* 10 Keane
* 18 Defoe

Substitutes

* 13 Walker,
* 16 Naughton,
* 22 Corluka,
* 06 Huddlestone,
* 25 Rose,
* 09 Pavlyuchenko,
* 15 Crouch

just looked on physioroom - nani not injured

think the fella could be finished - i wonder if this in related to his whinging to the media when on international duty

Good to see Amos there. Wasn't expecting that. Pretty predictable with the rest of the lot. Tosic deserves a good run out.

No defenders on the bench? That can't be right.

Strange, but Brown, Neville and De Laet are all versatile, plus Fletch can play RB and Tosic and Giggs LB to an extent.

I'm so fecked off about Nani. Starting to actually hope he's slightly injured. But it surely looks a case where Fergie has had it with a player. For some reason.

Strange, but Brown, Neville and De Laet are all versatile, plus Fletch can play RB and Tosic and Giggs LB to an extent.

True but still, can't remember the last time I've seen a bench with no defensive options.

Nani not in the 18. Bye bye

Ferguson rules out Nani sale
Portuguese staying put
Last updated: 29th November 2009

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he has no intentions of selling Nani in January.

The Portuguese winger has admitted his frustration at being unable to hold down a regular first-team spot this term.

Following the exit of Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, Nani was seen as the heir apparent but that has not transpired.

The likes of AC Milan and Benfica are both said to be keen on the 23-year-old but Ferguson is adamant he will not be selling.

"Some big clubs have been mentioned for Nani, like Milan and Benfica, but there has been no contact made with us - and we wouldn't entertain selling him anyway," Ferguson is quoted by the Sunday Mirror.

"He is only 23. If someone came in for Nani in January we would tell him that he is going absolutely nowhere.

"He's a young boy and he wants to play - and he might get a chance against Spurs in the Carling Cup this week.

"He has suffered because Valencia's form has been excellent and because Obertan has emerged as an interesting player.

"It is no criticism of Nani, but the way things have developed in the last few weeks have gone against him.

"I have spoken to him and told him that he must take his chance when it comes along."

Ferguson rules out Nani sale
Portuguese staying put
Last updated: 29th November 2009

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he has no intentions of selling Nani in January.

The Portuguese winger has admitted his frustration at being unable to hold down a regular first-team spot this term.

Following the exit of Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, Nani was seen as the heir apparent but that has not transpired.

The likes of AC Milan and Benfica are both said to be keen on the 23-year-old but Ferguson is adamant he will not be selling.

"Some big clubs have been mentioned for Nani, like Milan and Benfica, but there has been no contact made with us - and we wouldn't entertain selling him anyway," Ferguson is quoted by the Sunday Mirror.

"He is only 23. If someone came in for Nani in January we would tell him that he is going absolutely nowhere.

"He's a young boy and he wants to play - and he might get a chance against Spurs in the Carling Cup this week.

"He has suffered because Valencia's form has been excellent and because Obertan has emerged as an interesting player.

"It is no criticism of Nani, but the way things have developed in the last few weeks have gone against him.

"I have spoken to him and told him that he must take his chance when it comes along."

Ouch.

I'm so fecked off about Nani. Starting to actually hope he's slightly injured. But it surely looks a case where Fergie has had it with a player. For some reason.

Because he's never going to be good enough to hold down a starting place and he publicly criticised him.

Don't get why there is so many comments wanting Nani to play when all he does is run into corners and then fall on his arse.

just realized its going to be lennon v delaet :nervous:
Bentley is in the team, so I'd expect him to play in RM, which means Lennon on the left (although they might ? swap around from time to time).

So if Neville plays RB, which I assume he will, it'll be him up against Lennon.

Bentley is in the team, so I'd expect him to play in RM, which means Lennon on the left (although they might ? swap around from time to time).

So if Neville plays RB, which I assume he will, it'll be him up against Lennon.

Even worse then. Neville experience will help but if Lennon's in the mood he'll skin him for fun.

Because he's never going to be good enough to hold down a starting place and he publicly criticised him.

Don't get why there is so many comments wanting Nani to play when all he does is run into corners and then fall on his arse.
Are you talking about Nani or Foster?

Even when he is shit he still gets a goal or an assist. He should be ahead of Obertan at least.

I'd hazard a guess that the average age of the Spurs starting XI is lower than that of Man. Utd's

Can't believe Nani not included again...I'm sure if he had a run in the side like Valencia he'd be doing well for us also...anyways, hopefully Tosic will get some game time tonight.

1-0 win tonight