Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Klopp is a clown but is fairly harmless. Pep on the other hand is likely to poison your tea. A very different kind of mental with all the absurdity.
In a fight between the two a third team wins or looses in this league. Pep has always won in a two team league but he has never faced something like this anywhere else. He can win a race but will fizz out in a marathon.

Mourinho's bound to pounce on Guardiola announcing that the game today was one of the proudest moments of his career.

Can imagine, completely deadpan.

"This morning I had cereal. It was, probably the proudest moment of my life...." Then throughout the rest of the season and maybe beyond make references to 'certain managers' who are 'proud of losing points'

That's interesting, as our perception is that we're the only team who have wasted tonnes of points

Bet we've done it to chimpier teams though!

Think so our draws were Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Spurs are all good sides. Middlesboro and Stoke were both clangers though and similar to today, not taking our chances.
That said we 2-0 up on Spurs denied a stonewall pen for 3-0, missed 2 pens v Everton. So yeah just like just guys really.

Mourinho's bound to pounce on Guardiola announcing that the game today was one of the proudest moments of his career.

Can imagine, completely deadpan.

"This morning I had cereal. It was, probably the proudest moment of my life...." Then throughout the rest of the season and maybe beyond make references to 'certain managers' who are 'proud of losing points'
That's why Sir Alex was the best. If he was willing to win he was willing to take risks and attack without control.

Have to admit it: I was very jealous when City got Pep. Always been a massive fan of his and the way his team play. Thought he would've been perfect at United. His start only served to emphasis that for me. City in so many games were really unplayable. They tore us to shreds at OT and were cruising in those early months.

However, what did surprise me was the way Pep reacted when they eventually ran into difficulties. It was completely bizarre. He essentially threw the strategy out the window and reverted to players like Yaya, Zabaleta, Kolarov and Caballero to steady the ship. It worked for a bit but it was never going to last. These players are finished and need to be moved on. Toure can go 80-85 minutes without doing anything these days. He went with these players and didn't trust the players he had brought in e.g. Sane, Nolito, Gundogan. In my opinion, he should've kept faith with the new players he brought in and tried to focus more on improving on the defensive side of their game. When they hit rough patches in games just park the bus. Instead he's changes way too much and those players look so confused as to the approach and tactics for each game.

He's doubted himself and just reverted that City side to type and it was a massive mistake.

The guy gives the strangest interviews ever. I don't know if its translation or he was this crazy at Barca. I don't think its pressure either, they are just so strange. Or to sound more like Pep "so, so strange". I can't get my head around it though its obvious he despises the english media.

Klopp is a clown but is fairly harmless. Pep on the other hand is likely to poison your tea. A very different kind of mental with all the absurdity.

Harmless you say?

klopp.gif

He strikes me as the type to be horrible to work for! Could you imagine him being your boss/manager? He also seems extremely unlikable, don't think our players would have coped having him as our manager after LvG!

Have to admit it: I was very jealous when City got Pep. Always been a massive fan of his and the way his team play. Thought he would've been perfect at United. His start only served to emphasis that for me. City in so many games were really unplayable. They tore us to shreds at OT and were cruising in those early months.

However, what did surprise me was the way Pep reacted when they eventually ran into difficulties. It was completely bizarre. He essentially threw the strategy out the window and reverted to players like Yaya, Zabaleta, Kolarov and Caballero to steady the ship. It worked for a bit but it was never going to last. These players are finished and need to be moved on. Toure can go 80-85 minutes without doing anything these days. He went with these players and didn't trust the players he had brought in e.g. Sane, Nolito, Gundogan. In my opinion, he should've kept faith with the new players he brought in and tried to focus more on improving on the defensive side of their game. When they hit rough patches in games just park the bus. Instead he's changes way too much and those players look so confused as to the approach and tactics for each game.

He's doubted himself and just reverted that City side to type and it was a massive mistake.

So much wrong with this post !

Sane didn't play much mainly because he was injured. As soon as Gundogan got fit he played but unfortunately is now out until next season with knee ligament damage. Nolito was a hothead

Pep is using the resources he has. He has not and will not go back on what he believes.

He seems ok. He concedes that he needs to buy players. We'll see what kind of team he builds if he's allowed to stay long enough. Klopp I'm talking about. I want to see Liverpool hand him loads of transfer money to see what he does with it.

Twice. And Jose's Madrid, multiple times. And Klopp's and Tuchel's Dortmund. And Allegri's Juve.

And of course Arsene :)

But for the explanation for the post you replied to, check who wrote it and then check the PL in Europe thread.
I know his modus operandi.

Just wanted to show how silly his comment was.

I don't think it will stop him though.

The guy gives the strangest interviews ever. I don't know if its translation or he was this crazy at Barca. I don't think its pressure either, they are just so strange. Or to sound more like Pep "so, so strange". I can't get my head around it though its obvious he despises the english media.

'Strange' is a very light word to describe that mental bastard.

Whatever the feck he was doing in that interview:

Sane didn't play much mainly because he was injured. As soon as Gundogan got fit he played but unfortunately is now out until next season with knee ligament damage. Nolito was a hothead

Pep is using the resources he has. He has not and will not go back on what he believes.

They'll be singing a different tune soon enough, the agenda has long been clear - him choosing City over United only reinforces it. Sounds very upbeat about the project but a lot of changes are a coming

This is not true for first half of the season where according to this stat he only missed the first month of the season (August & few days in September) which City didn't need him that much with the perfect start. His major setback was injury in January when he started to get into good form. Before that, he didn't really impress.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/leroy-sane/verletzungen/spieler/192565

Gundogan injury record has been like this. You don't rely your philosphy on well known injury prone player just to later blame on bad luck. Look at Gundogan injury record in 2016. It's alarming.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/ilkay-gundogan/verletzungen/spieler/53622

Last edited:
They'll be singing a different tune soon enough, the agenda has long been clear - him choosing City over United only reinforces it. Sounds very upbeat about the project but a lot of changes are a coming

Yeah I know. Such an exciting time to be a City fan :drool:

:lol: Look who is talking about agenda.

He strikes me as the type to be horrible to work for! Could you imagine him being your boss/manager? He also seems extremely unlikable, don't think our players would have coped having him as our manager after LvG!

This. He comes across as one of those characters you can never really take to, he's slightly unsettling and difficult to be around, simply because you don't know quite how to act with him. He's like one of those people you meet who you can never really tell if what they've said is a joke or if they're being deadly serious, which just makes it uncomfortable.

You embedded Tracy Chapman - 'Revolution' in a discussion with regards to what Pep would do to English football.

You really shouldn't talk about agenda when it comes to Lord Pepito.

You embedded Tracy Chapman - 'Revolution' in a discussion with regards to what Pep would do to English football.

You really shouldn't talk about agenda when it comes to Lord Pepito.

He will indeed revolutionize football in England, I stick by that - I just don't bang on about it at every post

I wonder if being in the exact same position as this time last year was part of the Pep plan?
Its a big if, but if we win our game in hand then Pep v Jose in English football would only be seperated by our head to head.
In terms of how each manager has dealt with the rest of the Premiership, Jose actually has the better points tally.
Which is ridiculous after City's fantastic start.

I wonder if being in the exact same position as this time last year was part of the Pep plan?
Its a big if, but if we win our game in hand then Pep v Jose in English football would only be seperated by our head to head.
In terms of how each manager has dealt with the rest of the premiership, Jose actually has the better points tally.

Both sides have bizarrely crap (and very similar) home records.

In terms of how each manager has dealt with the rest of the Premiership, Jose actually has the better points tally.

Semi finals in CL vs losing in round of 16 :D

Fact or speculation?

He will indeed revolutionize football in England, I stick by that - I just don't bang on about it at every post

He won't revolutionize anything. He will play possession football with a very expensively assembled squad, a squad which he will be dependent on being superior to the competition like all his previous stints, especially since he doesn't have the GOAT to bail him out this time.

Conte has done more "revolutionizing" in his short spell here than Guardiola has done.

He won't revolutionize anything. He will play possession football with a very expensively assembled squad, a squad which he will be dependent on being superior to the competition like all his previous stints, especially since he doesn't have the GOAT to bail him out this time.

Conte has done more "revolutionizing" in his short spell here than Guardiola has done.

By that short term logic, Ranieri revolutionized English football as well.

Like he did in Germany? :lol:

What nonsense. Seriously you Barca turned City fanboys are pathetic.

He's so far done things everyone expected to fail.

Bringing a keeper is who wasn't better than Hart at the actual keeping side of the game. Turns out he can barely kick either. Now Bravo can't get ahead of the guy who couldn't get ahead of Hart.

Came in and signed a 50m CB who couldn't defend. Rather predictably he's been shite so far.

Signs a player who spent more time out injured than playing. He promptly gets injured again to no one's surprise.

Doing his usual wacky shit (oh look at me I'm such a tactical innovator!) of playing defenders in midfield and midfielders in defense for no apparent reason other than trying to be cute.

Drops Aguero for some kid. Admittedly this hasn't backfired yet but it most definitely will if he sells Aguero who's by far away better than Jesus.

As the guy on Blue moon put it. City are doing relatively well because they have some brilliant individuals in attack but Baldy is actively hindering them with weird tactics because he gets off on it.

Viva le Revolution!