Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Loves a LVG style square peg in a round hole this bloke. City looked absolutely miles better when he put Fernandinho into CM and pushed KDB up and out right.

Wants to be too clever all the time.

Yep. Thinks he's better than he is, to his teams detriment.

The Fernandinho one is definitely weird but I feel like De Bruyne in CM is really the only place they can fit him, Sterling is a better right winger in most aspects bar the crossing

Not being arrogant but I called him doing this with Fernandinho at the start of the season same with De Bruyne. Not something I'm very confident in to be honest.

:lol:

Says it all.
So City's tactics, or lack of, wasn't bizarre today? And you think Pep has been good for them this season?

You seem to have a hard on for Guardiola so please do give your opinion on why he has been such a success rather than attack anyone who criticises your favourite manager.

They could be in trouble if they dont pick up 3/4 points v Arsenal and Chelsea.
If not, there's a realistic scenario where we are ahead of them in the table and we still have that game in hand

You can really see City's attacking side come out compared to earlier in the season, look a lot more fluid now and really do string some attractive passes together sometimes. I'm surprised at their improvement and oh my lord, Sane, what a player, can't say enough about him, I always feel like he's going to do something when he gets the ball.

Don't see them missing out on Top 4, between us and the scouse for the fourth spot it looks like.

How can a team be so defensively naive. The number of times Liverpool had 2 or 3 players behind their defensive line was incredible.

He must get rid of Aguero. The man is subpar. For every goal he scores, he misses 2-3 clear scoring chances, ruins team moves and runs like a headless chicken and gets dispossessed. Jesus getting injured derailed any momentum City were building. Aguero, Sagna, Yaya Toure, Otamendi and Clichy need to be moved out. They need a new GK, a left footed centreback, a new striker/forward that is clinical and a central midfielder that is press resistant.

Goalkeeper wise they are already in for Benficas current goalkeeper. Mbappe would be prefect here because of his speed and flexibility particularly on the channels and he is clinical with both feet and his head. Central midfielder, I would try to get Thiago Alcantara but I doubt Bayern will let him go.

He must get rid of Aguero. The man is subpar. For every goal he scores, he misses 2-3 clear scoring chances, ruins team moves and runs like a headless chicken and gets dispossessed. Jesus getting injured derailed any momentum City were building. Aguero, Sagna, Yaya Toure, Otamendi and Clichy need to be moved out. They need a new GK, a left footed centreback, a new striker/forward that is clinical and a central midfielder that is press resistant.

Goalkeeper wise they are already in for Benficas current goalkeeper. Mbappe would be prefect here because of his speed and flexibility particularly on the channels and he is clinical with both feet and his head. Central midfielder, I would try to get Thiago Alcantara but I doubt Bayern will let him go.
By that logic, we must get rid of Ibra because he has a shite conversion rate, class player, misses too many chances, can cut it any way you want, Aguero's class, 22 goals on the season I think and it's a bad season by his standards. Didn't Dolberg go through a rough patch recently? SELL HIM! I'm sure that will happen regardless soon anyway.

You can really see City's attacking side come out compared to earlier in the season, look a lot more fluid now and really do string some attractive passes together sometimes. I'm surprised at their improvement and oh my lord, Sane, what a player, can't say enough about him, I always feel like he's going to do something when he gets the ball.

You mean earlier in the season when they won 10 from 10, scoring 30 goals in the process? @KN5

You keep posting this and talking down to anyone who disagrees. Really I can't wait till you get a new job. You are LVG right?

Very predictable. Sideways and lack of risks. Will never be able to win the epl in his stint with his philosophy.

For a supposedly world class manager, he sure has some bizarre tactics in big games. How do you go with just Yaya in midfield vs Liverpool of all teams?

Very predictable. Sideways and lack of risks. Will never be able to win the epl in his stint with his philosophy.

Think he needs more time. I've been impressed with the way his sides carve out chances they're very penetrative but need cutting edge and tighten up at back.

By that logic, we must get rid of Ibra because he has a shite conversion rate, class player, misses too many chances, can cut it any way you want, Aguero's class, 22 goals on the season I think and it's a bad season by his standards. Didn't Dolberg go through a rough patch recently? SELL HIM! I'm sure that will happen regardless soon anyway.
I'd take aguero in united in a flash. Pep is not taking the best out of him. As his strengths suits good service with less men in the box.

One of the best days of his coaching career according to Pep.

Or when they won 4 games in 15? Season is longer than the first 10 games.

I don't get your point, they were awesome, then went shit, and now they are a bit in between that.

Yet you stated you "can really see City's attacking side come out compared to earlier in the season, look a lot more fluid now and really do string some attractive passes together sometimes. I'm surprised at their improvement".

So what you really mean is, "I'm surpised they have managed to almost regain their early season form"? Or "I'm surprised they are no longer as shit as they were during that 4 in 15 run". What?

It's like your saying Pep has improved them, yet they were awesome from the off and Pep fecked around with square pegs in round holes and they went shite, all he has done recently is stop with the square pegs, something he has decided to again this past week, with poor results.

Dolberg plays well again so now he is a wonderkid striker and will be the best striker in the world one day... ofcourse!

this is how some football supporter think right?

Think he needs more time. I've been impressed with the way his sides carve out chances they're very penetrative but need cutting edge and tighten up at back.
No. How much better he may be , beautiful, creative, in control , this league is an unforgiving league. You can never be consistent enough to win the title in epl without playing direct and counterattacking football in this league. This way is good for knockout matches but epl no. Now he'll say he's proud controlled the ball and stuff but he's lost 2 points .

I don't get your point, they were awesome, then went shit, and now they are a bit in between that.

Yet you stated you "can really see City's attacking side come out compared to earlier in the season, look a lot more fluid now and really do string some attractive passes together sometimes. I'm surprised at their improvement".

So what you really mean is, "I'm surpised they have managed to almost regain their early season form"? Or "I'm surprised they are no longer as shit as they were during that 4 in 15 run". What?

It's like your saying Pep has improved them, yet they were awesome from the off and Pep fecked around with square pegs in round holes and they went shite, all he has done recently is stop with the square pegs, something he has decided to again this past week, with poor results.

So when I was talking about their negative form earlier in the season, of course, obviously I wasn't talking about 10 wins in 10 games right. That much is obvious for starters, I'm talking about their current form in comparison to their terrible slump EARLIER in the season, which as I can see, the 4 out of 15 was in earlier than today right?

So I'm actually not too sure at what you're trying to get at, cool they were awesome at the start of the season but that wasn't my point. I would actually argue their passing game has come a long way since, maybe I'm just looking too much into the subtle moments in games I'm not sure but sometimes they do look good in terms of getting the ball around.

Hard to deny they haven't improved since Pep's mental breakdown. Still hate the twats but it is what it is, they're capable of the top 4. I've just re read my messages earlier in the thread, I see how some could get confused at my original point, but there we go, all explained now I hope.

It's not about the patch. He does very little outside the box and hinders City's build up. He can't hold up the ball and lost almost all the balls that were given to him with his back facing the opposition goal. He makes bad decisions when he is running at goal consistently and is dispossessed almost all the time when he tries to dribble with his head down, and untiol recently, he would shoot from stupid places when his teammates are in much better positions.

Ibrahimovic might have missed chances, but he is better at integrating his teammtes into the game, They play in different systems. Aguero has been subpar all season and is one of the main reasons City's season hasn't been as good. It's his lifestyle and injuries that have taken it's toll on him. He even tried to see Messi's Dr that helped Messi when Pep joined irrc a few years ago and changed his diet etc buit the damage has been done. He is lethargic in front of goal probably due to the work he has to do outside it. He is just not optimal if Pep wants to utilise the position game to its maximum at City.

He will do well at a club that does all the work for him and lets him just work in the box.

Dolberg isn't even 19. Aguero is a veteran whose game is fully developed.

It's not about the patch. He does very little outside the box and hinders City's build up. He can't hold up the ball and lost almost all the balls that were given to him with his back facing the opposition goal. He makes bad decisions when he is running at goal consistently and is dispossessed almost all the time when he tries to dribble with his head down, and untiol recently, he would shoot from stupid places when his teammates are in much better positions.

Ibrahimovic might have missed chances, but he is better at integrating his teammtes into the game, They play in different systems. Aguero has been subpar all season and is one of the main reasons City's season hasn't been as good. It's his lifestyle and injuries that have taken it's toll on him. He even tried to see Messi's Dr that helped Messi when Pep joined irrc a few years ago and changed his diet etc buit the damage has been done. He is lethargic in front of goal probably due to the work he has to do outside it. He is just not optimal if Pep wants to utilise the position game to its maximum at City.

He will do well at a club that does all the work for him and lets him just work in the box.

Dolberg isn't even 19. Aguero is a veteran whose game is fully developed.

Your points to some extent are pretty valid, however, you can't just pack him up based on him playing in a different system, it's clear he's still contributing to the team more than others with goals, sometimes Zlatan slows our build up down, he sometimes makes bad decisions and misses a shite load of chances. The new system definitely affects Aguero in the worst way but I'm really confident he will show his class, he's already super committed to City and if they don't want him, will take him at United in a heartbeat.

In my opinion, pep should really try and get the best out of Aguero for a couple of years and then transition over to Jesus slowly, I mean you can;t ignore someone that's scoring over 20 goals in a terrible season by his own standards, obviously it probably won't happen but that's fine, I'm a united fan, whilst I do have a bit of a man crush on Aguero, it definitely plays into our favour. Whilst Jesus is class, he really is no Aguero.

I know what you're saying about Dolberg it was just a little dig at the Ajax fans to remind them of their own doing badly.

Your points to some extent are pretty valid, however, you can't just pack him up based on him playing in a different system, it's clear he's still contributing to the team more than others with goals, sometimes Zlatan slows our build up down, he sometimes makes bad decisions and misses a shite load of chances. The new system definitely affects Aguero in the worst way but I'm really confident he will show his class, he's already super committed to City and if they don't want him, will take him at United in a heartbeat.

In my opinion, pep should really try and get the best out of Aguero for a couple of years and then transition over to Jesus slowly, I mean you can;t ignore someone that's scoring over 20 goals in a terrible season by his own standards, obviously it probably won't happen but that's fine, I'm a united fan, whilst I do have a bit of a man crush on Aguero, it definitely plays into our favour. Whilst Jesus is class, he really is no Aguero.

I know what you're saying about Dolberg it was just a little dig at the Ajax fans to remind them of their own doing badly.

I personally don't see how he will improve. As I said, these are just problems with his game. His athleticism from his Atletico days are gone due to his injuries and lack of taking care of himself off the pitch. He looks lethargic. As I said, with the extra things Pep makes his team do, particularly the #9, his sharpness has taken a nose dive. Based on the chances City creates for him 20 goals is the least he should score.

Jesus was rightfuly benching Aguero when he was fit and if his injury recovers well, he will most likely bench him again. Pep is not going to let Aguero just walk around the box and only contribute with goals. He is not Messi. The team generates so mmany dangerous situations around the box. He is not very good with his back to goal.

He did go through a terrible patch, but it's understandbale. Now I have to suffer with Feyenoord possibly winning the league.

Klopp is a clown but is fairly harmless. Pep on the other hand is likely to poison your tea. A very different kind of mental with all the absurdity.

He's 12 points behind league leaders with best creative squad in the league with proper balance in the team.

He's managed against a Sir Alex managed United.

Pretty sure he's faced decent opposition.

Twice. And Jose's Madrid, multiple times. And Klopp's and Tuchel's Dortmund. And Allegri's Juve.

And of course Arsene :)

But for the explanation for the post you replied to, check who wrote it and then check the PL in Europe thread.