Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

I'm not sure it is a crime, but probably just against the terms of his tenency. Could have easily explained away that part, I doubt the police would have been interested in that bit.
Get's worse....another property the loser rented.

The flat is less than two miles from Manchester Arena and can be rented on a short-term basis for £75 a night or £350 a week.

Neighbours reported a large number of packages being delivered to the Granby Row flat in recent weeks, while others are said to have noticed a “strong smell of explosives” coming from behind the door in the days prior to the attack. (Independent).

Exactly. Makes them sound more stupid than if they'd told the truth rather than try to be the clever one, after the fact.
Dopes.

Comments sections on a lot of social media/ newspaper websites are unpleasant places to look at the moment. I know that kind of reaction is inevitable, but I'm really not sure what the "we should march on Parliament" brigade are expecting to happen.

My mate's tattoo shop ended up running over by 5 hours today, to fit as many people in as possible.
They were never going to serve the 700 people that turned up, but they got through a fair few.
Macdonalds, Domino's, Morrisons and a local estate agents fed and watered the queue. Neighbours brewed up and let people use their toilets.
They raised £18000 in a day!
Well done Sacred Art Tattoo in Chorlton, and all the other shops doing the same for the victims, and the public for their show of solidarity.

My mate's tattoo shop ended up running over by 5 hours today, to fit as many people in as possible.
They were never going to serve the 700 people that turned up, but they got through a fair few.
Macdonalds, Domino's, Morrisons and a local estate agents fed and watered the queue. Neighbours brewed up and let people use their toilets.
Well done Sacred Art Tattoo in Chorlton, and all the other shops doing the same for the victims, and the public for their show of solidarity.
I live round the corner and walked past just before they were supposed to close. There must have been over a hundred people still queuing. Good on them for continuing on till the end.

I live round the corner and walked past just before they were supposed to close. There must have been over a hundred people still queuing. Good on them for continuing on till the end.
The response of people who got told it was impossible that they would get done, after hours of queuing, was equally incredible. They were saying they had a great day anyway. Mancs, happy with tea, queuing and making new friends. Sounds about right.

That's brilliant!

The response of people who got told it was impossible that they would get done, after hours of queuing, was equally incredible. They were saying they had a great day anyway. Mancs, happy with tea, queuing and making new friends. Sounds about right.
Did you go down there yourself? Everyone seemed to be enjoying queuing, listening to the music, chatting and having a drink. It was like a street party, a community coming together.

The tribute gig was just announced. Fair play to all involved. Although, same day as Carrick's testimonial which might result in a logistical nightmare...?

DBFY26rUIAAzFAT.jpg

The Cricket ground.
Fair play to her, doubt I would be able to come back that quick, tickets will sell out very fast, also being shown live on BBC.
The surrounding area will be nightmare on Sunday, 50k at the Cricket ground for this 75k at the other OT for Carrick's Testimonial.
Police confident they can handle both, dont see why not, cant see anybody wanting to cause trouble.
Security will be tight for both events.
Manchester will be showing the world that the bastards will not bring us down.

Any ideas what time the concert starts Sunday? Managed to talk my girlfriend into attending the Carrick testimonial and with her being a Radio 1 listening type I'd imagine she would love to go to the concert as well.

No chance they'll be at the same time, police will move the match earlier.

Brilliant to see all those artists joining this. Not my kind of stuff at all but if the missus gets tickets I'll definitely be up for going.

If you smelled fireworks would you call the cops and call it explosives? Certainly the smell they give off after being set off, but what do they smell like otherwise?

Different types have different odours. If I was the police I'd also be curious how they know what explosives smell like.

Fair fecks to Ariana Grande for this.

Aye, she's done really well I think. Not taken the easy way out of distancing herself & that. Completely the opposite, and in a very genuine way from what I've read. A good heart & a bit of bottle shown vs. those who probably counselled against it, suggested the easier way out of a low profile for a bit.

Last edited:
Far too early for this concert.

17 people are in critical condition and fighting for their lives.

Yeah the thoughts are good but it is too early, kids who have died still to be buried.

I think his should have happened a month or so later.

I would have said too early as well but they were having the vigil & giving it plenty of ''carry on'' less than 24hrs after the event itself before the extent of casualties were known & so on. It used to be about 'taking stock' & other platitudes I can't remember, atm. But perhaps times have changed, dunno...

Might be asking too much but I hope the artists also take the time to go and see those still injured in hospital, would be a great gesture and ensure they don't miss out

Hard to believe this concert is taking place two weeks after the tragedy. In my opinion it's extremely insensitive given that some of those who perished may not even have had their funerals when it takes place. An appropriate time would have been in about 6 months time. Those affected would have had time to come to terms with it better and it would have helped keep awareness at the forefront of people's minds just at a time when memories were perhaps beginning to fade slightly.

Hard to believe this concert is taking place two weeks after the tragedy. In my opinion it's extremely insensitive given that some of those who perished may not even have had their funerals when it takes place. An appropriate time would have been in about 6 months time. Those affected would have had time to come to terms with it better and it would have helped keep awareness at the forefront of people's minds just at a time when memories were perhaps beginning to fade slightly.

I think that this could be very inspiring and bring a lot of strength to a lot of people who are still fighting to come to terms with it. If you think about the demographic of the tragic event and consider who is likely to still be battling the emotions of the scenario, I'm certain that seeing those stars make the effort to come together and do this for them with very little notice, will be a very powerful tool in the healing process for them.

Its a beautiful initiative and I really admire her intentions. I suspect it's also to help her during her own grief and trauma she undoubtedly has gone through.

Except unlike Manchester or UK based victims, she is having to cope without the massive supportive community that instantly appeared in Manchester.

It may technically be a beneficiary charity concert , but I suspect it's an act of mourning for Ariana, which she also needs to go through in her own way.

I expect it will be very emotional when she performs and many 1000s will be heard weeping and crying. Painful to watch but everyone feels better after a good cry, especially when it comes to bereavement.

So that why I actually think the timing is perfect. It can mark the end of phase 1 where everyone gets together and remember the dead.

I wrote in this thread many pages ago that I was very concerned about the mental state of Arrianna. Maybe in her initial grief counselling, this is something she needs to do now to help her move.

She can do another one in 6 months time of people want her too. I suspect she will perform in Manchester many more times over her musical career.

Last edited:
Extremely insensitive? Don't you think that's a little dramatic?

I refuse to criticize anyone who puts in their own time and effort to support the victims and their families. Certainly not someone who was there. In my opinion returning so soon is a brave move on her part and sends out a positive message. It's showing to the world that people can stay strong, not hiding away and waiting until everything cools down but bouncing straight back. Showing that terrorism hasn't won and will never win. I think it's a great statement.

Far too early for this concert.

17 people are in critical condition and fighting for their lives.
The other way of looking at it is that the sooner the money is raised, the sooner it can be shared out amongst the families. It's a good gesture on her part, and nice to see other big-name acts joining in.