Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the correlation between the way a society/culture/religion administers punishment and the desire to go to a concert and blow children to bits?

I think just about everyone disagrees with Saudi Arabia's criminal punishment - but drawing a line from that to the willingness to walk into crowded areas and blow people up is a bit of a stretch, no?

A disregard for Human Rights evolving into a general societal downgrading of the right to life I suppose. Something like that.

We made Saudi Arabia effectively, we're never gonna abandon them despite all the shite they pull.

Please talk about the Manchester bomb and victims.
There are other threads for all the religion stuff.

Last edited:
As I've said many times. There's no difference between ISIS and majority of Saudi Arabia.
There was a study detailing where most secretarian tweets were coming from. Saudi was well ahead of all the other countries in the middle east.
Yet we call them allies in the fight against terror.
This shite will not stop until we stop deceiving ourselves.
Yeah that's the worst part. They're financing isil and have the same ideology. One are allies the other is an organization that needs to be wiped of the Earth.

breaking news is that the vile Katie Hopkins has been sacked for her comments about the bomb.
GOOD ! she is just nasty and vile, hopefully nobody will employ her ever again in the media.
What did she say?

Exactly. People understandably get so hung up about the Saudis they forget the role of the Brotherhood and Qutb, which IMO has played the bigger role in producing the violence.

What did she say?
What did she say?
Hopkins-635x357.jpg

Exactly. People understandably get so hung up about the Saudis they forget the role of the Brotherhood and Qutb, which IMO has played the bigger role in producing the violence.

It's the popular and lazy argument lately, i think we've discussed it on here before though.

Been into town for the first time since Monday. The mood is different, much quieter than it would normally be on a hot, sunny day like today, although there are still many people around and it's almost as busy as usual. It's just that people are talking in more hushed tones. They are also looking around themselves and at others more thoughtfully, they aren't quite as burried in their smartphones.

There was some odd behaviour in a different way that I noticed though - people taking smiley selfies in front of the flowers and tributes in St Anne's Square. It's not a fecking tourist attraction.

Been into town for the first time since Monday. The mood is different, much quieter than it would normally be on a hot, sunny day like today, although there are still many people around and it's almost as busy as usual. It's just that people are talking in more hushed tones. They are also looking around themselves and at others more thoughtfully, they aren't quite as burried in their smartphones.

There was some odd behaviour in a different way that I noticed though - people taking smiley selfies in front of the flowers and tributes in St Anne's Square. It's not a fecking tourist attraction.

Those kind of people are just morons and no doubt they'll be putting those selfies on Facebook where they'll get lots of likes.

Those kind of people are just morons and no doubt they'll be putting those selfies on Facebook where they'll get lots of likes.
One of the main reasons I don't do social networks. Seen photos of people doing the same at the Holocaust Memorial. Clearly not a thought in their heads besides themselves.

3 more arrests made in connection with the attack. Police say they have a large part of network.

Anyone who was 'involved' (in a criminal manner) with the bomber must know there's a reasonable chance that the police will come for them at some point so why haven't they fled abroad or gone into hiding? Seems daft to sit there and wait to be arrested.

3 more arrests made in connection with the attack. Police say they have a large part of network.

Anyone who was 'involved' (in a criminal manner) with the bomber must know there's a reasonable chance that the police will come for them at some point so why haven't they fled abroad or gone into hiding? Seems daft to sit there and wait to be arrested.
Especially good going considering the endless intelligence leaks.

Believe me they aren't sitting waiting to be arrested. They are screwed and have no escape.

The violence was created in Israel/Palestine. The ideology was created in Egypt.

There might be various reasons, all of them good I think :

they're overconfident they won't be found

they're too dim

they haven't created a sophisticated infrastructure of safe houses to escape to, which implies they lack support in their community and the community is not afraid to say no, or that they don't have the funds

also suggests they don't have the material to go for the "heroic resistance and death" way

Last edited: