Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

Leaking that information to the press at insensitive times is not a part of any agreement. They are taking the piss.

@JPRouve

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/01/nsa-paid-gchq-spying-edward-snowden
Really makes you wonder if someone is paying these "operatives" to leak information to deliberately cause problems for the US government and their foreign relations. Whatever is going on though is just not acceptable.

Perhaps they should pass on some false information to various operatives and find out who is deliberately leaking confidential information.

Reading several posts on this and it is clear that Europe is already lost. People blaming colonialism for today's terrorism or oil and the west being involved in the Middle East but somehow forgetting the stating goal of Islam is to rule the world with the sword or As imams in Europe and in Manchester have being saying for decades they are going to breed out the native population and you lot still want accceptance of this lunacy. Most in England support hate speech laws when someone calls out this awful religion but all speech should be protected England Canada Australia Germany France etc have all gone down this path changing western values because it might offend Muslims. When 1/3 of Muslims in your country will not report someone who is about to kill innocents and your answer is still have something to say on Twitter or change your social media supporting the good Muslims? Other say it is because of poverty and while in Syria that might be a factor it wasn't here or in Boston or in Orlando this individuals had the western experience and the idiotic religion of Islam still compelled them to kill. Western men for hundreds of years have died in the millions defending Europe from Islam. Unfortunately today's men with there nihilism and narcissism are still sleeping. 1400 girls and boys raped in England by Muslim gangs hundred women are girls groped and raped in Germany and Sweden numerous attacks in Europe and you are still giving them excuses while claiming the west needs to be responsible for what we have done in the Middle East. Let's be clear most liberal leaning men have been walking around with guilt because apparently it is only the west and in particular white men who are to blame. Schools in the west, media in the west and nearly all of left leaning politics has this view. When you continually shame and blame men for decades this is the result and wether you like the term **** it is abundantly clear that it is true. Either way in the end Europe is killing itself without a real awaking your kids or grandkids will be governed under a theocracy Islamic state.

Greater Manchester Police declined to comment on claims on Tuesday by a Muslim community worker that they had twice contacted police about Salman Abedi several years ago. The worker, who was not named, told the BBC they raised the alarm because they were worried that Abedi “was supporting terrorism” and had expressed the view that “being a suicide bomber was OK”. A GMP spokesman said: “It is part of an ongoing investigation. We can’t comment on it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...donald-trump-over-manchester-bombing-evidence

Backlash growing towards the NYTimes and Chivers.

What they have done has tarnished their reputation.

Isis are cowards and having fought the Taliban, al Qaeda and experiencing first hand how pathetic they all are, hopefully we route them out one by one and bring an end to their existence.

Really makes you wonder if someone is paying these "operatives" to leak information to deliberately cause problems for the US government and their foreign relations. Whatever is going on though is just not acceptable.

Perhaps they should pass on some false information to various operatives and find out who is deliberately leaking confidential information.
If they want to know who did it they would know, NSA spying our phones and only a handful people knew that info would be easy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4539734/Sister-reveals-motives-Manchester-bomber.html

Sister doesn't even Condem his actions says "it's surprised her" she that "I'm not sure if he found peace with his revenge, that's between him and God".

Sick off all this PC bullshit, someone on a terror watch list shouldn't be allowed to leave he UK travel to Syria and then return to the UK.

These religious fecking nut jobs need to just naff off. PC has gone mad.

If you wiped out the entire human race and all their books in a thousand years all the science books would read the exact same,, these religious books wouldn't.

Even if there was a god, he wouldn't want you to kill kids. The fact is and it's a fact the Quaran has passages In it that say anyone that doesn't follow their God should be killed, that's a fact.

These radicalised view points are a small part of their culture, it's not everyone obviously but there is a section that needs to just go, they need to be wiped out.

I'm sorry if people don't like hearing it but we will NEVER have a safe world as long as religion is here, as long as people can be radicalised. Violence will happen.

Less and less people go to church religion is slowly dying off but religion isn't really the cause, I can't blame it. I grew up religious and the morals I learnt helped me be a nice citizen. It can be a good thing.

But the bad section need to stamped out with zero hesitation zero remorse. There isn't anyway anything good can come of terrorism and radicalised viewpoints.

There's big question marks though over whether anyone would actually know they'd been at the time. It's usually people flying to safe countries nearby and then slipping across into these places from what I understand, not just heading to Heathrow and jumping on a plane to Syria.

People on terrorist watch lists shouldn't be able to fly or travel. If they want to travel they should be allowed and then boom at the gate "your not allowed to leave your on a watch list" come with us and enjoy Jail time or you can go home if your from another country.

I'd rather have too many prisons filled then have my safety and country harmed and before people say "you can't jail someone if they have done nothing wrong" ask yourself this, how the feck do you end up on a terrorist watch list, have you ever been on that list? No. Clearly they are doing something wrong.

If the law doesn't allow that then fecking change it. They changed it so I can buy a ducking kodi box, they can change it.

I've seen a video of bastards having speeches in London proclaiming Sharia will take over UK, calling people to abandon democracy, saying black flag will soon be on downing street, carrying banners saying Islam will take over east and west. Other Muslims are attacking them and calling them liars which is great to see.
What I want to know is how are these guys allowed to do that on the street, anywhere and how are they not locked up?
Not to mention how that salbedi guy freely went to Lybia and back without anyone even noticing or caring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4539734/Sister-reveals-motives-Manchester-bomber.html

Sister doesn't even Condem his actions says "it's surprised her" she that "I'm not sure if he found peace with his revenge, that's between him and God".

Sick off all this PC bullshit, someone on a terror watch list shouldn't be allowed to leave he UK travel to Syria and then return to the UK.

These religious fecking nut jobs need to just naff off. PC has gone mad.

If you wiped out the entire human race and all their books in a thousand years all the science books would read the exact same,, these religious books wouldn't.

Even if there was a god, he wouldn't want you to kill kids. The fact is and it's a fact the Quaran has passages In it that say anyone that doesn't follow their God should be killed, that's a fact.

These radicalised view points are a small part of their culture, it's not everyone obviously but there is a section that needs to just go, they need to be wiped out.

I'm sorry if people don't like hearing it but we will NEVER have a safe world as long as religion is here, as long as people can be radicalised. Violence will happen.

Less and less people go to church religion is slowly dying off but religion isn't really the cause, I can't blame it. I grew up religious and the morals I learnt helped me be a nice citizen. It can be a good thing.

But the bad section need to stamped out with zero hesitation zero remorse. There isn't anyway anything good can come of terrorism and radicalised viewpoints.

I am surprised that all people take from the article and the background on this guy is 'religion' and the 'evils of the Koran'. When are our government going to take an ounce of responsibility for the the 'radicalisation of these people. He was frequently visiting his 'homeland' and country totally devastated by western intervention, he had be allowed to witness death first hand (including children) on his travels, along with violence and death at home in Manchester. None of these variables excuse his actions, but we need to pull our head out the bloody sand. Islam is going nowhere, intact it is growing and will no doubt continue to thrive, when so many people in muslim countries continue to have their lives directly and indirectly negatively affected by western foreign policy. I feel its time to change tactics, as the war on terror does nothing but create terror.

I've seen a video of bastards having speeches in London proclaiming Sharia will take over UK, calling people to abandon democracy, saying black flag will soon be on downing street, carrying banners saying Islam will take over east and west. Other Muslims are attacking them and calling them liars which is great to see.
What I want to know is how are these guys allowed to do that on the street, anywhere and how are they not locked up?
Not to mention how that salbedi guy freely went to Lybia and back without anyone even noticing or caring.

Doesn't it depend on what they say? If they're only saying sharia will take over then it's just crazy talk. If their praising acts of violence or inciting it then it becomes a completely different issue but that's not what you mentioned.

People on terrorist watch lists shouldn't be able to fly or travel. If they want to travel they should be allowed and then boom at the gate "your not allowed to leave your on a watch list" come with us and enjoy Jail time or you can go home if your from another country.

I'd rather have too many prisons filled then have my safety and country harmed and before people say "you can't jail someone if they have done nothing wrong" ask yourself this, how the feck do you end up on a terrorist watch list, have you ever been on that list? No. Clearly they are doing something wrong.

If the law doesn't allow that then fecking change it. They changed it so I can buy a ducking kodi box, they can change it.

You know how some people in the US ended up on the No Fly list? They had the same name as someone who had been linked to something. Others might have been friends with someone who was remotely linked to someone else suspicious. Others appeared in there for no good reason anyone could work out, and of course weren't allowed to know why they suddenly couldn't get on a plane because 'national security'.

No explanations, no right of appeal, just suddenly told you can't fly. Think about that for a minute.

As someone else mentioned you can end up on the no fly list for sharing the same name as a terrorist suspect. I have an 8 year old nephew who's been refuses to fly for that reason

Stupid move by New York Times. Only playing into Donald Trump's hands.

From reading into intelligent reports - the bomb has all the hallmarks of being a sophisticated circuit board lead device. Hopefully ISIS never get their hands on explosives with this new found intelligence

Stupid move by New York Times. Only playing into Donald Trump's hands.

From reading into intelligent reports - the bomb has all the hallmarks of being a sophisticated circuit board lead device. Hopefully ISIS never get their hands on explosives with this new found intelligence
What does that mean Baz?

Manchester bomb used same explosive as Paris and Brussels attacks, says US lawmaker
Mike McCaul, chair of the homeland security committee, says device contained TATP and bomber was not ‘lone wolf’

The bomb detonated by the Manchester terrorist Salman Abedi used the same explosive as those in the Paris and Brussels attacks, a US lawmaker has said, pointing to a possible link to the same terrorist network.

The chairman of the US House’s homeland security committee, the Republican Mike McCaul, said the bomb suggested a “level of sophistication” that implied its maker or makers may have had foreign training.

McCaul said the backpack carried by Abedi in Monday’s attack was loaded with TATP, the explosive used in the November 2015 attacks in Paris and the Brussels attack in March 2016 carried out by Islamic State extremists. He described it as “a classic explosive device used by terrorists”.
(Continues)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-explosive-paris-brussels-attacks-mike-mccaul

I was thinking about various aspects of this while trying to get to sleep last night. And my entirely non-expert analysis suggests it has all the hallmarks of a very carefully planned & organised occurrence all the way through from targetting the event to the making & placement of the device. The maker of the thing is still around - there's likely to be more getting made if not already in existence.

I'd fly his father back & throw away the key too, that video was plenty enough evidence for me. He didn't exactly look surprised or remorseful about events did he? (I don't suppose this is the answer & I suppose I am half joking)

I also had a wander around Twitter which doesn't get any better either. Instructions to teachers & others about getting the ''carry on as normal'' ball rolling, the unity of all of us & so on. All very stage managed & Establishment led - I suppose this is a good thing because the alternative of not taking this view is a grim outlook so compulsory resilience it has to be.

Allison Pearson of The Telegraph would prefer internment of the top 3000 suspects & a State of Emergency however - so not everyone is on the same page. She is a fecking idiot though, tbf.

St Anne's Sq is absolutely rammed with people ready for the silence at 11am.

I fecking love Manchester.

I was thinking about various aspects of this while trying to get to sleep last night. And my entirely non-expert analysis suggests it has all the hallmarks of a very carefully planned & organised occurrence all the way through from targetting the event to the making & placement of the device. The maker of the thing is still around - there's likely to be more getting made if not already in existence.

I'd fly his father back & throw away the key too, that video was plenty enough evidence for me. He didn't exactly look surprised or remorseful about events did he? (I don't suppose this is the answer & I suppose I am half joking)

I also had a wander around Twitter which doesn't get any better either. Instructions to teachers & others about getting the ''carry on as normal'' ball rolling, the unity of all of us & so on. All very stage managed & Establishment led - I suppose this is a good thing because the alternative of not taking this view is a grim outlook so compulsory resilience it has to be.

Allison Pearson of The Telegraph would prefer internment of the top 3000 suspects & a State of Emergency however - so not everyone is on the same page. She is a fecking idiot though, tbf.

Horrible realisation that;

1) Our security services are not on top of things
2) The people that did this are still out there
3) They deliberately targeted children, and may do again.

I know we've all felt this before; post 9-11, post London bombings, post Paris attacks, etc...

But yeah. Doesn't feel great.

Army Bomb disposal experts called into college in Trafford :( I hope everyone's friends and family are safe.

Feels fecking wierd that all these events/raids are going down streets away from where I've lived in the past. Its all rather a scary thought.

Christ, not enjoying this. Bound to be a lot of false positives over the next few days, but no more tragedies, please.

Minute's silence appeared to go on for about 2 and a half minutes on BBC News. Silence is so much more poignant than applause.

Christ, not enjoying this. Bound to be a lot of false positives over the next few days, but no more tragedies, please.

Minute's silence appeared to go on for about 2 and a half minutes on BBC News. Silence is so much more poignant than applause.
I'm sure we would all agree that a false positive is better attended to than ignored and then be told they was aware of it.

Just because a media outlet is in receipt of a leaked intel, it doesn't then follow that the material should be immediately published. Were they to be caught disseminating sensitive information a member of the security services could at least face disciplinary action (if procedures are enforced); the New York Times will move on to the next story without a care. Reminds me of the Germanwings audio, which was another disgraceful episode in recent journalism.

I think i'm right in saying that the Guardian has some sort of agreement with the NYT to cooperate on stories, is that correct? As a newspaper with its origins in Manchester, it'll be interesting to see if they demand a front page apology or similar.

Last edited:
What does that mean Baz?

If ISIS were able to get hands on the likes of semtex - it would mean they do not have to use suicide bombers and could literally carry out timed explosions any where they want. From reading between the lines in the NYT article the fear is this bomb was built with circuit boards so could be timed.

Semtex as seen by the IRA & ETA it could wipe out a building. ISIS don't seem to do bomb warnings