Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

She has a radio show and gets paid to write columns - this should be put out there to ensure everyone knows how disgusting she is and to stop people hiring her. LBC need to sort themselves out in particular.

Who is she employed by? Daily Mail?

She has a radio show and gets paid to write columns - this should be put out there to ensure everyone knows how disgusting she is and to stop people hiring her. LBC need to sort themselves out in particular.
Surely the publicity is one of the reason she continues to be employed. When she becomes irrelevant that's when she'll be in trouble. Agree re LBC.

We talked about LBC quite a lot on the General Election thread if you want to look.

I really don't see why we're talking about Hopkins again. What's the point? Everyone here feels the same way about her, let's stop giving her more exposure.

Surely the publicity is one of the reason she continues to be employed. When she becomes irrelevant that's when she'll be in trouble. Agree re LBC.

LBC rely on guests coming in, the best solution would be for the guests to just boycott the show while she is still employed.

I think it's times like these you realise just what a phenomenal job the emergency services do. Running towards danger as everyone else runs away.

Being a first responder to an attack like this must be horrifying. Can only imagine what they see.

I see Islamic State have now claimed responsibility for the attack, as per Reuters and the BBC. Also the youngest victim of the attack is of "primary school age".

I think it's times like these you realise just what a phenomenal job the emergency services do. Running towards danger as everyone else runs away.

Being a first responder to an attack like this must be horrifying. Can only imagine what they see.

In addition to that, exposing themselves to what may be further danger, from structural damage, or in cases like this further bombs or attackers etc. I have massive respect for them. Definitely not a job just anyone can do.

I feel similar to how I felt after the attack on the school in Beslan. Never thought that would happen again.

I couldn't agree more. I also think that TV channel should stop showing video clips from the incident. That's exactly the attention these feckers want to get, and the strong emotions these videos cause.

I have a question about this. I always see this view being passed around when something happens, don't make the person a martyr. Where does this view come from? Is there any evidence that this actually happens? Has anyone ever really said they've been inspired by the actions of a previous person doing something like this? Or do we just assume that these people are inspired by others doing similar things? I'm genuinely asking.

I remember the IRA were always involved at one point. Politics is a funny thing. Now we have these extremists. It's as though they learnt absolutely nothing (from past experiences) about nullifying this nonsense. Instead they war monger and flood nations to create new laws. If we are talking about a suicide bomber say then we can guess a little of their background. The fact it was little children is irrelevant to me because the reality is murder is murder. Death is death and those responsible are those who created the extremism in the first place. Let's hope the good peoples liberties aren't eroded further. I would hate to imagine freedom eroded by a political system because then you could imply that it was allowed to happen. Tut tut. Best wishes to those effected by something that should never have been allowed to happen.

What is the whole point of politics if it is as stupid as it paints itself out to be?..

I hope they'll find who responsible for this asap. Saying that do we know have the perpetrators of recent attacks been found and punished. It's always strange how quickly they find someone or find a passport on a seat or something. I mean it's great if they quickly solve the attack but..

Anyway I feel sick the whole day. Horrible world we live in... and unfortunately it won't stop. Hopefully security will be tighten up but sometimes, most if the times you can't stop things like this..:(

In addition to that, exposing themselves to what may be further danger, from structural damage, or in cases like this further bombs or attackers etc. I have massive respect for them. Definitely not a job just anyone can do.

Massive respect for them. To be able to put fear aside and do for others while risking your own life is something to be respected totally.

Naming the perp could have some value in terms of people who would otherwise have remained ignorant of his/her identity bringing potentially useful information to light.

I couldn't agree more. I also think that TV channel should stop showing video clips from the incident. That's exactly the attention these feckers want to get, and the strong emotions these videos cause.

Stupid idea. By default, forcing us to censor our own free press.

Besides, a zillion jihadi attacks take place in far more remote places that have little media coverage. That's not their oxygen.

I'd like to see the players donate any Europa league bonuses to that victim collection tomorrow if they win. In many parts of the world, we are Manchester.

I have a question about this. I always see this view being passed around when something happens, don't make the person a martyr. Where does this view come from? Is there any evidence that this actually happens? Has anyone ever really said they've been inspired by the actions of a previous person doing something like this? Or do we just assume that these people are inspired by others doing similar things? I'm genuinely asking.
I know with serial killers, there are a lot of copycat serial killers.

Yes, some people are that twisted.

How do you go about preventing this for the future. Is there any realistic measures to stop these lunatics being radicalised or is it just an inevitability?

So sad. Was out last night in the other side of Manchester but was following the updates as it happened. Felt wrong to even be enjoying yourself when such a disaster happened so near by.

The Americans wont be able to keep their mouths shut and will leak the name out if no one else does.

Multiple US officials went and called NBC last night and were leaking plenty of stuff to them. They also leaked out that it was a suicide bomber when the investigators would have preferred for that info to be kept quiet for a little while.

ISIS just put out a message that this was done by a soldier of the caliphate (via their Telegram channel).

Sounds more and more like a loan wolf.

The identity has to be released. Everything has to be transparent in these cases. Imagine if these type of attacks increase to the point where you've maybe a dozen every year, and the authorities refuse to release names or anything - people would go absolutely nuts understandably thinking there's something sinister going on. All the details need to be made known to the public IMO.