Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

Yeah, police frequently stop shy of arresting people because they are afraid of offending them, don't they? :rolleyes:

Yes. There are multiple examples of heinous crimes that have been underinvestigated or outright ignored for fear of causing offence.

What an idiot, his 2nd part is stupid also, why would we try and take the spotlight when the city is mourning such a tragedy, pathetic attempt of grabbing a story.
He's decided to take the spotlight instead by trying to take the moral high ground. Just unfollowed the cnut.

The emotions that I feel after an attack like this are great sadness for the families involved in the incident. My heart goes out to them as Tolkien wrote 'No parent should have to bury their child.'

Pride in the emergency services who rush to the scenes of incidents like this without knowing what awaits them when they get there. Pride in the people of Manchester who have come together to try and help each other through the aftermath of the attack.

I feel sad for the deranged individual who thinks strapping explosives to his body and blowing up a group of children is a just and right thing to do. Someone or something has really fecked with his mind. I hope his family are distraught now. Not because I want them to suffer but because the idea that they are happy or proud of him for doing this is not something I want to imagine.

I'm angry at the old men sitting in mosques or typing on the internet indoctrinating young impressionable people to commit these evil acts. If they truly believed the bile that they spew they would have blown themselves up years ago and wouldn't be old men now.

So those are the emotions that I feel, sadness, pride and anger. I'm not afraid of being involved in a terror attack because the chances of it happening to me or mine are minuscule.

I don't like this idea that making suicide bombs is normally a group activity.

But police know who he (she) is & will be acting quickly to round up their possible accomplices I would imagine.

All very dismal stuff.

You can't do naff-all about 'people' who might want to attack shopping centres, beaches, public areas outside concert halls, what's the answer to that?

Mark Ogdem seems to be trolling for clicks about United's decision to cancel the Europa League final press conference. Incredibly short sighted tweets.

Agree with this 100%, especially Facebook/Twitter needing to allow authorities to monitor people of interest. It's inhumane not to allow this, a human's life trumps any sort of rights to privacy or whatever they want to call it.
I agree

But many won't. Just don't see any reasonable argument

The girl named as killed was going the college I went to. It's weird when it's close to home, as in Europe, but it's weirder when it's on your doorstep

Absolutely not.
Fair enough, but as I don't have anything to hide I couldn't care less who wants to look at any aspect of my life. I don't do political correctness.
For me, if there is something you can do to keep people safe then it should be done.

We'll just have to disagree on this I'm afraid..

What the feck is Ogden talking about? Twat.

What the feck is Ogden talking about? Twat.

I'm not on twitter but would be great if you guys that are could collectively hammer him for hypocrisy. First he says surprised they cancelled as isn't about them or football, then when he gets called on it he says they should have said a few words and represented the city and left it at that.

The absolutely fecking tool. Another idiot with a mouthpiece

Fair enough, but as I don't have anything to hide I couldn't care less who wants to look at any aspect of my life. I don't do political correctness.
For me, if there is something you can do to keep people safe then it should be done.

What do you mean by monitor Twitter and Facebook? The police don't need that to monitor someone, they are far more intrusive.

The bar cannot be lowered anymore. It's clanging on the floor.

Make no mistake about it, this attack is a game changer because children have been targeted, not just caught up in it. My heart goes out to the great city of Manchester.

How we rush to give freedoms away after being attacked by people who hate the freedoms we cherish.

Saddened and horrified for those effected. Proud of Manchester's reaction.

You know what, it doesn't make it any easier, but there will always be tragedies. There will always be some cnut who wants to cause harm for some reason or another. Be it in the name of religion, like we're seeing in recent years, in the name of politics like the IRA in the past or the Oklahoma City bombing and countless other attacks worldwide, or for a million other reasons like the school/cinema/church etc. shootings in America.

But it's how we react as a species that we have to look at. It's the reaction from the people of Manchester and Britain and the outpouring of grief worldwide that makes us say, "Yeah, there are some cnuts out there, but they're in the minority and they won't win".

People have lost their lives, people have lost their sons and daughters last night. Senselessly. And for those people, the reaction of the wider world will mean little. It is truly heartbreaking.

2 or 3 problems though innit?

1 - it erodes our freedoms

2 - the enforcement becomes liable to becoming an abused process

3 - it's letting 'them' win - the more we move towards a 'police state' - monitoring, ID cards etc

I'm not on twitter but would be great if you guys that are could collectively hammer him for hypocrisy. First he says surprised they cancelled as isn't about them or football, then when he gets called on it he says they should have said a few words and represented the city and left it at that.

The absolutely fecking tool. Another idiot with a mouthpiece
That's one benefit of Twitter......the jerks in the world reveal themselves to all.

2 or 3 problems though innit?

1 - it erodes our freedoms

2 - the enforcement becomes liable to becoming an abused process

3 - it's letting 'them' win - the more we move towards a 'police state' - monitoring, ID cards etc

And exactly what of your freedoms have been eroded?
Please list.

Just been evacuated from an office on King Street and currently in a black cab home.

Don't know what's going on but it was chaos in the city centre.

I've just read about one of the first people to be named as having died last night. She was 18 years old, a true superfan of Ariana Grande and had previously tweeted a picture of them together. Yesterday she tweeted at her "SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TOMORROW".
It makes me so angry and heartbroken that these people are so easily able to extinguish such an innocent life for absolutely no reason. Someone who had gone to see their favourite singer and was about to head home, no doubt having had a fantastic time and looking forward to telling her mates about it. I'm lost for anymore words, this is a really tough one to take.

Why do people think the Government have orchestrated this to help them in the election?

I've just had to delete a load of people off social media.
Jesus.

Gutted to see three more passed overnight.

RIP and thoughts with all affected.

Doing such a disgusting thing indicates these people are getting desperate in my view. They have seen there's little to be gained in attacking everyday adults and the reaction it generates. So they have moved onto the most vulnerable and defenceless, children. Truly pathetic.

And exactly what of your freedoms have been eroded?
Please list.

''eventually'' there would be lots of them as you probably know

it's why I put ''police state'' in inverted commas - which is sensationalist obviously, but I put that in inverted commas too, tbf.

I've just read about one of the first people to be named as having died last night. She was 18 years old, a true superfan of Ariana Grande and had previously tweeted a picture of them together. Yesterday she tweeted at her "SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TOMORROW".
It makes me so angry and heartbroken that these people are so easily able to extinguish such an innocent life for absolutely no reason. Someone who had gone to see their favourite singer and was about to head home, no doubt having had a fantastic time and looking forward to telling her mates about it. I'm lost for anymore words, this is a really tough one to take.

I really feel for Ariana Grande herself in all this as well. I can't imagine the guilt and horror she must be feeling, "if I'd just not had the concert" etc. Poor girl is barely more than a kid herself.