Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

Manchester is the only English city I have been in but I have been surprised by how little security and checking there is in the city. This was clearly completely out of the blue

The lady who made that rumour up should be finding herself in some serious trouble, wasting police time when it's clearly needed elsewhere and causing panic to anyone in that hospital! Detestable.
Her FB post will have been what caused the investigation, hopefully she gets charged for spreading lies and wasting their time on a night where people's lives have actually been taken. Pathetic.

I think people are being a little hard on @rednev - the point he is trying to make isn't that ignoble, and we do need to be frank and unafraid in these discussions.

...but I agree his timing is off, as we have no facts to be debating just now and the aftermath is perhaps for another thread.

RIP to the 19. As a parent I can't bring myself to try and imagine how it is to lose a child so brutally and so suddenly, and as a son, really hate to think of how my parents would never get over if it were me or one of my siblings. Lives have been taken, and lives have been ruined.

No more fighting in this thread I hope.

Good post Van. Emotions run high when this shit happens though, we should all count to ten and be patient I think.

Her FB post will have been what caused the investigation, hopefully she gets charged for spreading lies and wasting their time on a night where people's lives have actually been taken. Pathetic.

Exactly! They should throw the book at her, I get some people posting unconfirmed reports unintentionally but to actively make something like that up is seriously messed up, probably even worse than the writer making jokes.

Think the guy who made a racist joke when Fabrice Muamba had his incident got in trouble so this girl should find herself in the same situation.

I just can't even imagine what the families are feeling. Looking at my little girl right now makes me want to cry. The other part of me wants to absolutely fecking destroy the cnut that did this.

Some heartbreaking tweets on Twitter with people posting photos of people still missing :(

I'd stick to GMP
Yeah, I understand. I'm watching the Sky News Youtube stream and they mentioned that news was getting to the US before the UK(They sounded surprised to me). Though they also mention that nothing has been confirmed.

Bah. Why would anyone target Manchester of all places. Pricks.

Let's not hound the girl who is likely the cause behind the police search at Oldham. For all we know, she could be a young girl who got the false info from some other person at the scene and panicked. Unlikely, but like with everything, it's just advisable to wait before throwing around judgements/allegations.

A foyer is typically inside a building. So in that sense it is similar to some previous attacks elsewhere: a soft target just beyond the point at which security checks normally intensify.

This is a foyer for the entire building rather than just the arena. Its outside, and anyone could get in.

Manchester is the only English city I have been in but I have been surprised by how little security and checking there is in the city. This was clearly completely out of the blue

Sorry but thats bollocks. Management and officials across city center know its no secret, manchester has been on sever terrorist alert for about 5 years now. Security is tight. Whether or not people were being checked tonight is a different subject, but the foyer where this bomb went off is a public space, not the arena. Fake news and all that.

Just woke up to this. Absolutely sickening. No messages from family and friends yet.

I think people are being a little hard on @rednev - the point he is trying to make isn't that ignoble, and we do need to be frank and unafraid in these discussions.
The 'discussions' are useless...the transfer rumor thread is more fruitful.

- all Muslims are evil
- small minority are evil
- their faith is violent
- Islam isn't violent
- immigration is to blame
- western meddling in muslim countries is to blame
- Muslims need to do more
- Muslims are the most common target of Muslim terrorists
- where are the moderate Muslims
- no such thing as moderate Muslims and ISIS are following the Quran to the letter

That's it. That's what gets 'discussed' everytime a islamist attacks or kills innocents by all 'sides'.

I have no problem with people raging, venting and lashing out...I actually think it's more useful than 'frank and unafraid discussions'.

Some heartbreaking tweets on Twitter with people posting photos of people still missing :(

Edit: didn't mean to embed that tweet. I want only to link it.

Loads of fakes as well. Sick fecking people. Anything for a like or mention.

Bah. Why would anyone target Manchester of all places. Pricks.

I'm not usually a paranoid man, but the Champions League final next month in Cardiff is kinda scaring me, clearly this shit is doing its job...

So sorry for the families of the 19 who have been taken away from them, and also the people there who will carry this with them for life, no one deserves to experience this, it's a fecked up world unfortunately.

RIP.

I dont know what to say . Rip to all these angels. I'm sorry guys. I hope every cafite is safe and well. Strength and love to all manchester.

I'm not usually a paranoid man, but the Champions League final next month in Cardiff is kinda scaring me, clearly this shit is doing its job...

So sorry for the families of the 19 who have been taken away from them, and also the people there who will carry this with them for life, no one deserves to experience this, it's a fecked up world unfortunately.

RIP.

Was the same fear before Euro 2016 in France. Don't give in to it.

Blowing up a teenybopper concert is a new low. No doubt it was viewed as a low security risk.

No child should go to a concert and not come home. Not going to lie all these attacks put me off going to big public events. Always some fecking clown with an ideology that wants to fecking kill people. Such horrible news for the families, can't even imagine saying goodbye to a Son, Daughter or friend and not seeing them return.

This makes me feel sick, Manchester is my home and to experience this so close to home is terrifying.
It's sad but, even though Manchester is my home too, it's not affecting me as much as someone who's lived their entire life in said city should. I guess the fact that these acts of violence happen so often has kind of numbed me to the shock. Of course, the fact that there's been 19 (I believe) casualties is sickening and my condolences go to the families.

RIP.

My daughter has tickets to a big concert next month. No fecking way is she going. Ill buy the tickets from her.

And R.I.P. to the lives lost in this. Senseless violence!

The 'discussions' are useless...the transfer rumor thread is more fruitful.

- all Muslims are evil
- small minority are evil
- their faith is violent
- Islam isn't violent
- immigration is to blame
- western meddling in muslim countries is to blame
- Muslims need to do more
- Muslims are the most common target of Muslim terrorists
- where are the moderate Muslims
- no such thing as moderate Muslims and ISIS are following the Quran to the letter

That's it. That's what gets 'discussed' everytime a islamist attacks or kills innocents by all 'sides'.

I have no problem with people raging, venting and lashing out...I actually think it's more useful than 'frank and unafraid discussions'.

Yeah good post. You're probably right, but fruitless or not, I think he makes a decent point about at least being frank. Even if it's a pointless debate.

@Man of Steel - cheers man.