Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

The incident is bad enough without friends and relatives having to see the endless stream of 'unconfirmed' 'according to reports' horseshit being thrown around. What happened to news channels reporting news?

Just heard from my Mum my cousin and her niece was at this concert tonight but they got home safe. My other cousin picked them and heard the explosion from the car so they must have left before it finished.

That is one very weird bloke...has to be to make such comments.

When I saw the one about him almost dying seeing Ariana Grande, I kind of thought that while it was undoubtedly awful and atrocious, it was perhaps a highly misguided and inappriopriate attempt at humour that had gone wrong. But aye, more than one tweet confirms him as a cnut lacking in empathy.

"Possible" terror

VpYjjty.png

Edit: later post has it listed as possible terror, yes.

I just cannot fathom why people would make stuff up at times like this. Parents have lost their kids tonight and some stupid cnut is making up a story about a gunman at the hospital? WHY?

When I saw the one about him almost dying seeing Ariana Grande, I kind of thought that while it was undoubtedly awful and atrocious, it was perhaps a highly misguided and inappriopriate attempt at humour that had gone wrong. But aye, more than one tweet confirms him as a cnut lacking in empathy.
He doesn't deserve to be discussed in this thread.

Targeting teens and children. That's how sick terrorists are. No rules, no principles, just like cancer.

I just cannot fathom why people would make stuff up at times like this. Parents have lost their kids tonight and some stupid cnut is making up a story about a gunman at the hospital? WHY?

For attention, sadly.

Attention seeking. It's a disease.

You can see a lot of pink balloons in the arena, so there is a high pressure helium machine somewhere, usually at the entrance where they sell them.

hopefully it was an accident rather than a nail bomb or a suicide bomber or whatever terrorism related.

i mean there is no good reason for this tragedy, people lost their lives tonight, but it can have even worse consequences.

feck :(

edit. metal pieces would fly away just like a nail bomb...

Just heard from my Mum my cousin and her niece was at this concert tonight but they got home safe. My other cousin picked them and heard the explosion from the car so they must have left before it finished.
Glad your family are ok

Those people running down the stairs from the foyer don't look like people who are just leaving because they don't know what's going on. They look like they have just witnessed something horrific.

Gas explosion makes no sense given the location...if there was leaking gas you'd think it'd be from ground level.

Seems it isn't really. The feck is wrong with some people! I don't know how you can enjoy spreading fake rumours about shit like this.

You think I'm enjoying this...I didn't spread anything apart from replying to a post on redcafe regarding Oldham hospital. I didn't spread nothing pal!

The incident is bad enough without friends and relatives having to see the endless stream of 'unconfirmed' 'according to reports' horseshit being thrown around. What happened to news channels reporting news?
It's not just the news channels it's social media running with and repeating every rumour. Look even in this thread it has happened. You can go back to any huge news event and find the news media and public repeating rumour. Just these days they spread faster.

You can see a lot of pink balloons in the arena, so there is a high pressure helium machine somewhere, usually at the entrance where they sell them.

hopefully it was an accident rather than a nail bomb or a suicide bomber or whatever terrorism related.

i mean there is no good reason for this tragedy, people lost their lives tonight, but it can have even worse consequences.

feck :(

edit. metal pieces would fly away just like a nail bomb...
You're suggesting it might have been a helium cannister exploding?

Saw a screenshot of a private status someone posted (friend of a friend). Says her leg took a hit from an explosion as she was exiting the arena but she could still run. 'So many people didn't make it and so much blood' :(

All bombs are horrible, but a nail bomb is an especially nasty device designed not only to kill but to maim in the most horrific ways. I hope it's not true.

Good journalism. Hope they're wrong :(

Thoughts are with everyone in Manchester tonight, might be across the Irish sea from you guys but we're beside you in spirit.