Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

That’s an extremely odd and personal last sentence. You seem wound up and I don’t think my impersonal criticism of Shaw caused it. Hope your day gets better mate.

You’re irrationally angry about a footballer being injured for reasons out of his control. There’s only one odd reaction here.

A crying shame and one not all to surprising. On his day he’s one of the best left backs. But it’s been clear for sometime we need to find the next Luke shaw.

Injuries are not something you punish a player for. You know that, right?
No, but it presents an opportunity to replace a player that has been unfortunate with injuries and bang average 50% of the other time. So yes, replace him. Sick note and average too often.

The fat shaming starts again. Truth is he has a stocky build but the notion that he is in any way fat is a myth trotted out by his haters every time they want to bash him, there is plenty of visual evidence to refute this but I am not about to link pictures of a half naked Shaw and risk getting accused of NSFW posting.
:lol: This is a funny response and much more sensible than a previous poster’s retort to my original post. I have to clarify that I’m not fat shaming him, I’m just stating what I believe based on the evidence of what our previous managers have said about him and pictures different to yours that I’ve seen myself.

Bizarrely getting fit to play at the Euros after doing nothing all season and then mysteriously being injured again the second he's expected to put in a shift for his club is not a good look at all.

Maybe if it was anyone else but this sort of thing happening when you have a history of managers questioning your commitment is not a great look either
And yet people still defend him.

Another season where he’s unlikely to pass Martial’s appearance record…Martial joined a season later

I’m not sure what “too easy a ride” means. He had a horrific near career ending double leg break whilst playing for us and has been plagued with injuries pretty much ever since. It’s a sad situation for such a talented player.
Yes he's had his injuries, he's also rubbish half the other time when fit. We sign Telles, he steps up. We sign Malacia, he steps up for a bit. Overall, very upgradeable.

Poor Shaw. He might miss the England's game against Ireland

A friend of mine saw him behind a Nando's rubbing his nipples with cheeseburgers.

While I understand no player wants to be injured I do think being out for a good amount of last season and then going to the Euros only to get injured again missing the start of the season doesn’t look good for anyone involved.

I hope he gets fit because we really do need him.

At some point we need to cut our losses with Shaw, can't rely on a player who is only available half a season most of the time.

Alright. Enjoy the rest of your evening pal :+1:

Indeed. It’s far from my intention to dig you out, but I don’t think your original comments were ‘impersonal’ at all. It just seemed like you were have a bit of a paddy. ‘Deserving of criticism’, weight jibes, unprofessional etc.

I’m just as frustrated at not having a left back as you are.

He is finished. And Malacia. Basically, there are two fit fullbacks and one of them is also a crock.

Three Fulham (H) Brighton (A) Liverpool (H) I guessing Noussair Mazraoui can play left or right back?
Both Dalot and Mazraoui (supposedly) can play both sides to a passable standard. I think it’s okay for the interim, like a period of matches like this, but can we really trust Shaw to stay fit for long enough in the season?

Also, Mazraoui is awfully injury prone himself…

I'll expect to see him around December for a couple of game. Mazraoui will probably be unavailable for most of that spell too.

Luke Shaw is a joke. Has been injured well before the end of last season. Decided to choose rushing back with England than to stay in Manchester to continue his rehabilitation. Instead chose to go, rushed fitness to be in the final and comes back unfit again. Back in the day it was United first, country second.

Maybe the best way forward is just not to play with a left back this season. Put some traffic cones down on the pitch, stick a few signs up, pay a couple of interns and force everyone to the other side of the pitch.

That'll do us until next summer.

This is Luke from last week. Regardless of what people have, or do say about him, it is undeniable that Luke is carrying subcutaneous fat in his waist/handles.

He's not fat by average standards, but you are straight up lying to yourself that the below photo is just Luke Shaw's "build". Extra fat around the handles is not a "build". It's fat, plain and simple. His exosketal build has zero influence on him walking into late preseason with handles.

Bin him please, get Hermoso on a free and hope that another club takes this lad. Else let him stay in the reserves if he likes. Absolute pointless player and a huge liability to this club, we've kept trusting him for years.

Some posts aged really well, and it's been just few days. I really don't want to be this kind of guy, but all these are recent posts just continuing the same discussion, so it's more than fair to quote some folks.

How on earth is anyone still on his side, or thinking he is good/reliable enough to play for us?

i'm happy with him and Amass covering the left back position. Also if we sign a center half in an emergency we can use Martinez

He is not injured, even though, the last page or so gives the impression that he is. He is simply not match fit, and it will take him a week or two to get to that level.

I understand the anger to some of the fans as to why he hasn't arrived from holiday match fit, but he is crocked, and if you put him in the first team to play 90 minutes against City, he might get injured again. So I rather we work him into full fitness, than play him when he is not at 100%.

That being said, there are players that will likely start, that have came back around the same time as him.

I'm not sure what some people are annoyed about? Him not playing in the community shield is far from unexpected.

Rodri, Foden, Walker and Stones are all not expected to be available tomorrow, yet you won't get City fans kicking off about committment. Clearly some fans just love a moan.

Does it not make perfect sense? Try to get fit for a major tournament vs being match fit for the Community Shield. He's not caused himself any harm, it's simply that he's not been back at training that long and given his injury record it wouldn't make sense for us to risk him based on less than a week's worth of training.

From a fitness perspective, going to the Euros was probably a good thing. He didn't play all that much, so won't be fatigued and he got himself back fit, and proved he's got a good level of football in him

Odd few pages because someone with his injury record won't play in a glorified friendly after just returning from holidays.

Exactly the same people would moan if Shaw plays and picks up an injury after little break from the euros and surely not match fit. It seems the moaning itself is the most important factor for posting on here for some

You can't make this shit up.

Injured most of last season.

Plays Euro's final

Injured in new season.

Medics already have a fantastic start to their campaign with Holjund, Shaw, Yoro to handle.

I dont agree with this guy on much but he is right here. Its totally unacceptable in my opinion for him to not be match fit given the circumstances. You are a footballer. Its your job to be in shape 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Especially when you didn't play for basically half of the last season and then went and rushed yourself back to play for England. Show the same commitment for the club paying your wages.
To be fair he barely featured for England. Great player but too injury prone. We need to replace him unfortunately.

Looking like his career at the top level is nearing its end - his body just isn't up to it. Sad for him and us, but it is time to start looking for a long term replacement.

Both Dalot and Mazraoui (supposedly) can play both sides to a passable standard. I think it’s okay for the interim, like a period of matches like this, but can we really trust Shaw to stay fit for long enough in the season?

Also, Mazraoui is awfully injury prone himself…
Trust one can't. Touch wood Shaw doesn't miss as much of action this season as he did last season.

Renewing his contract was a stupid decision, not just in hindsight.

Our two left backs are basically cripples incapable of playing regular football(Shaw and Malacia) and we haven't really addressed the position in the transfer window. We are stuck with Shaw for 3 more years, our next Martial...

He needs to be sold now, actually he needed to be sold and replaced two years ago. Enough is enough.

He needs to be sold now, actually he needed to be sold and replaced two years ago. Enough is enough.
No one is buying a player who has spent majority of his career injured, who is on a 150k pw contract till 2027.

At this point this guy is taking the piss. He gets himself ready to play for England but is injured before a ball is kicked this season.

How long has he got on his contract?

In the era of PSR and financial sustainability, having players on huge wages who are always injured and have no resale value is much more destabilising than it was twenty years ago. There's nothing to be done but he's turning into a real problem.

In the era of PSR and financial sustainability, having players on huge wages who are always injured and have no resale value is much more destabilising than it was twenty years ago. There's nothing to be done but he's turning into a real problem.

He'll probably stay here till 2027 unfortunately. We've got another Phil Jones in our hands.

We should probably move him to CB at this point.

It's clear as day that his body can't cope with the high intensity required for the LB position.

The Most overrated player of the last 10 years for us. I don’t care how high his level is when he’s on the pitch, when he spends most of the time off of it.