5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s really going all-in on this whole pretending to injured thing, isn’t he.

a couple of people on this message board can see right through you though, Luke.

He’s really going all-in on this whole pretending to injured thing, isn’t he.

a couple of people on this message board can see right through you though, Luke.

This forum has a lot of experience in seeing right through fake injuries. Martial and Pogba didnt get away with their pretend injuries and their pretend surgeries. Why does Shaw think he will be able to do it?

This forum cant be fooled!

This forum has a lot of experience in seeing right through fake injuries. Martial and Pogba didnt get away with their pretend injuries and their pretend surgeries. Why does Shaw think he will be able to do it?

This forum cant be fooled!

It’s a kind of extra sensory perception isn’t it, I’m in awe of those who have mastered it!

You should have seen the Caf when David Busst went down for Coventry.

Some still think it was staged to this very day.

That was the first football injury I saw that genuinely shocked me, and in fact I’m not sure I’ve seen anything worse since.

Taking Shaw was a real headscratcher really.
They must have known he'd have no chance of the early games. But then you surely can't just risk plunging him into a latter competition tie, having not played for 6months.

Utterly daft.

They must have known he'd have no chance of the early games. But then you surely can't just risk plunging him into a latter competition tie, having not played for 6months.

Utterly daft.
Ten hag said when he was doing punditry that Shaw would play the knockout stages

Utterly daft.
A not-fully-match-fit Shaw in the knockouts is still a better option than playing Trippier out of position.

Can all those who moaned he was "miraculously fit for the Euros" and thus implying he was faking injuries for us, please form an orderly queue to admit you were chatting bollocks and you likely do it with other aspects of football too.

Thank you.

Can all those who moaned he was "miraculously fit for the Euros" and thus implying he was faking injuries for us, please form an orderly queue to admit you were chatting bollocks and you likely do it with other aspects of football too.

Thank you.

I said nothing about Shaw but I do often chat bollocks about other aspects of football so I'll contribute.

Thank you.

Clearing just waiting for the proper games :p

Thank you.
There were a few here that seemed adamant about it but doubt we'll hear a peep from them now

Thank you.
Rooney should be at the front of this queue

Should be put on transfer list.

Is this based on the sky piece where he made a comment about Martial and never actually mentioned Shaw?
Did he just mention Martial? Think I’m referring to something els. Near the end of the season where he was saying a lot of the squad are faking injuries. Think it was because Martinez returned for the final

Did he just mention Martial? Think I’m referring to something els. Near the end of the season where he was saying a lot of the squad are faking injuries. Think it was because Martinez returned for the final
I remember him saying "where is he" when talking about Martial. He didn't name anyone else

Would the club have had any say in him going to the Euros? It is clear that at the end of the season, he was very far from fit.

It is pretty much nailed on that he will play some part in the knockout stages, he will be overplayed and get injured. And/or he will miss our preseason, and when the league restarts, he will be overplayed and get injured.

For a player with his injury record, this is utterly irresponsible.

Would the club have had any say in him going to the Euros? It is clear that at the end of the season, he was very far from fit.

It is pretty much nailed on that he will play some part in the knockout stages, he will be overplayed and get injured. And/or he will miss our preseason, and when the league restarts, he will be overplayed and get injured.

For a player with his injury record, this is utterly irresponsible.

It does seem utterly baffling taking him. But it seems to be totally about the position he plays and the criminal lack of even the vaguest other option.

When you have to play a right back there, and there's seemingly no other English left back option, it had to happen.

Whereas with Maguire we could still take 4 or 5 centre backs.

It does seem utterly baffling taking him. But it seems to be totally about the position he plays and the criminal lack of even the vaguest other option.

When you have to play a right back there, and there's seemingly no other English left back option, it had to happen.

Whereas with Maguire we could still take 4 or 5 centre backs.

There is though, he could have taken Tyrick Mitchell who had an ok season but instead he chose Trippier. Again. Or he could have taken Branthwaite and given him a go.

There is though, he could have taken Tyrick Mitchell who had an ok season but instead he chose Trippier. Again. Or he could have taken Branthwaite and given him a go.

Has Branthwaite played much at left back this season?

Has Branthwaite played much at left back this season?

No but he'd do a better job than Kieran fecking Trippier there. Or alternatively it allows you to play e.g. Trent as an inverted LB and he could drift out to cover because he's left footed. Trippier isn't even a very good right back any more, never mind a good LB to play behind Phil fecking Foden.

We cannot rely on him being fit for a majority of the games next season. Hopefully we sign another left-back, preferably not from the Dutch league.

I hope that what I just read about him is not true. Same story as Rashford pretty much, when instead of focusing on getting himself fitter and having his surgery over the summer, he went and played a combined 80 minutes of football.

Faye Carruthers on Luke Shaw: "When I saw him in the tunnel after the Denmark game, he was still limping. He didn't look comfortable at all. "He must have had a setback that they're not telling us about."

I think he's finished personally, his body is just irreversibly broken like Jones/Martial.

Since no will buy him and pay his wages, it would be beneficial for us if use him primarily as a LCB back-up from next season on. I don't think his body can take the rigors of running up and down the pitch for a season. He is a decent header, good passer of the ball and a very good overall defender. A better understanding of positioning will come as he plays more and gets experience.

Such a poor decision to make himself available for the England team, he should have spent the summer focusing on his rehabilitation.

Missed 245 games with injuries and mystery absences for us over 10 seasons, yet still decides to go to the Euro's injured.

Such a poor decision to make himself available for the England team, he should have spent the summer focusing on his rehabilitation.

Trying to get fit in a real competitive tournament amongst a whole group of other motivated team mates is not a bad thing for him or Utd tbh. What would be 'bad' is if he misses the start of the pre-season. Technically, you should get a holiday/break after playing for your country in the summer but I think even he knows it would be bad optics.

Thank you.
Group stage games ... Pfft ... that's grunt work for the numpties. Knock out stages and he'll be up and down that left wing like an Ashley Cole/Vinicius Jnr love child.

He'll take a long goal kick, overtake the ball in the air with an outrageous burst of pace, and with a deft touch lob it first time over the opposition keeper and 2 central defenders into the net when the ball finally catches him on the edge of their box ... he'll repeat this 2 more times, at which point, with England 3-0 up, he'll gesture to be subbed due to injury, then stare at the camera from the bench and wink. We'll then hear he's not trained due to fitness but will magically return to the starting line up the next game and do the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.