5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group stage games ... Pfft ... that's grunt work for the numpties. Knock out stages and he'll be up and down that left wing like an Ashley Cole/Vinicius Jnr love child.

He'll take a long goal kick, overtake the ball in the air with an outrageous burst of pace, and with a deft touch lob it first time over the opposition keeper and 2 central defenders into the net when the ball finally catches him on the edge of their box ... he'll repeat this 2 more times, at which point, with England 3-0 up, he'll gesture to be subbed due to injury, then stare at the camera from the bench and wink. We'll then hear he's not trained due to fitness but will magically return to the starting line up the next game and do the exact same thing.
That's why he is our best player when fit.

Group stage games ... Pfft ... that's grunt work for the numpties. Knock out stages and he'll be up and down that left wing like an Ashley Cole/Vinicius Jnr love child.

He'll take a long goal kick, overtake the ball in the air with an outrageous burst of pace, and with a deft touch lob it first time over the opposition keeper and 2 central defenders into the net when the ball finally catches him on the edge of their box ... he'll repeat this 2 more times, at which point, with England 3-0 up, he'll gesture to be subbed due to injury, then stare at the camera from the bench and wink. We'll then hear he's not trained due to fitness but will magically return to the starting line up the next game and do the exact same thing.

Completely unrealistic, you can’t play a goal kick to yourself. Pickford would need to be the kicker.

There's still an outside chance that Shaw could end the season with just 150 minutes fewer in the Euros than he got in the Premier League.

Luke Shaw on his way to show up for England. Does he get his summer vacation prolonged because he went with England?

Luke Shaw on his way to show up for England. Does he get his summer vacation prolonged because he went with England?

Probably, if England reaches the final. The Finale is on July 14th, and the Premier League starts roughly 4 weeks later.

I wonder when he will be able to play a full 90 minute game for England in this tournament. He will clearly need to come into a game to get some minutes first, then 60 minutes, and then a full game. If he gets injured again for England while being rushed back, I will lose my ****.

I just have a bad feeling about him going, and I really hope he is not being rushed back as England doesn't have a natural left back, and its Southgate's last Euro, so he won't spare the players most likely. If he wasn't called up, it would've given him and Rashford time to reset, as that side can be deadly when those two are firing on all cylinders.

Completely unrealistic, you can’t play a goal kick to yourself. Pickford would need to be the kicker.
You're absolutely right, he'll hit it so it spins off the corner of Kyle Walker's head on it's way to the opponents box. Thanks for grounding my vision in reality. :+1:

Southgate maybe hoping Shaw can get fit to play some minutes in quarterfinal (if England reach it), than potentially 60 minutes or so in semis and full game in the final. Nothing against England but if they get knocked out early I won't be dreading another Luke Shaw injury at least.

Shaw would make such a differencetothis England sides balanceand freedom to Foden asSOuthgateisnt movinghim to 10.....I say "would", as not played since February, atbest he isgoing to be rusty andnot match fit....asothers mentioned has to be injury concerns

I’m in the minority but feel like it’s good that Shaw is training with England. He should be in shape for preseason.

What's the point if he'll have three week off after all that and gain weight again?

He won't make that much difference to England. They'll just be the same directionless, dull, clueless managed team, but with Luke Shaw in it.

Pointless to risk him but Southgate probably will anyway

Hopefully he has a good showing in the Euro's and then we sell.

Injured way too much, you already know he's going to miss minimum 40% of our games next season if not more.

If he’s fit enough to start he should, otherwise what was the point in bringing him. Balanced Englands side out much better.

the trouble with Shaw usually is he takes a good while to get his rhythm back after an injury

It's amazing that in that 15 minutes he managed to be a much, much better fullback than Trippier all whilst playing at centre back.

Still has that dad bod that endears him to me. Squat but muscular, fast but with tiny steps, low socks and a little tint in the hair like he’s gone Ibiza trying to roll the years back after a messy divorce.

Still has that dad bod that endears him to me. Squat but muscular, fast but with tiny steps, low socks and a little tint in the hair like he’s gone Ibiza trying to roll the years back after a messy divorce.

It really is a shame his injury issues through the years. He was generational before that first leg break, and even now when he's fully fit there are few LB's in the world better than him.

Great to see him get a run out and look pretty decent.

Hopefully he can actually start there next time as we look much smoother with him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.