6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game from him. One of the positives of the last few games. I hope he gets plenty of games between now and the end of the season, so we can see how much he can progress.

He has really grabbed his final chance and run with it. Let's hope he stays fit this time.

Seems to be getting his act together. Let's hope he can use 2nd half of season to establish himself again

Another good performance. He looks to have worked a lot on his passing and link up play which will be important. Never really hidden it but I'm a huge fan of his and hope we keep him.

His link up play was always good since his Soton days. It's the best part of his attacking game. He doesn't aimlessly go for a cross, and always looks for a better option such as cutback across the box or something.

Haven't been totally convinced by him but he was good today

Everytime I do see him play over the last 3 years (whenever he gets a rare chance), I always think he's decent. I don't get why he doesn't get more chances.

Maybe he just sucks in training?

Last edited:
His link up play was always good since his Soton days. It's the best part of his attacking game. He doesn't aimlessly go for a cross, and always looks for a better option such as cutback across the box or something.
Not even that, but his passing when he moved slightly in field in the second half with Pogba and Lingard in front of him was great. I haven't seen much of that from him. Maybe I just missed it. It was nice to see.

What's encouraging is that he seems completely fit. Worked hard all game putting pressure on the Everton attackers all the way into added time. Made some nice runs and stepped up especially in the second half. Had a good cross and movement in the final third. Very encouraging, keep it up lad.

Keeps getting better and better, which is something most of us expected. Hope he will nail that LB spot, sign a new contract and keep improving.

He should be playing ahead of Young IMO. Young is good at putting in crosses but he just doesn't link up well with our left sided attacker. Shaw makes intelligent runs puts in the wide player whereas Young blindly crosses it everytime.

Looked very good going forward but did get caught in bad positions defensively. Maybe it was because Pogba was on the left and didn't defend as much as he should have. Things looking much more positive though..

Steadily getting better. He's another one that should've established himself as a first choice for us a long time ago. Hopefully he grabs his chance now with both hands, I'd hate it to see talent like his go to waste.

Didn't think there was any chance he would even get 5 starts in the cups this season but fair play, he looks to have gotten focused and lost weight. Still not quite there and was poor against Southampton but it's good to at least have a left back making runs off the ball. Had some decent crosses as well, deserves an assist or two

Thank god his bet on the number of corners we get didn't carry on from last game.

His game today had more purpose, and having Pogba on the left helped him greatly.

So glad to have him back in the team. It’s clear that Jose wants to get rid of Darmian and Blind, so I hope Shaw can lock down the position now as his pace there is a real asset.

Best game/run of games since the much heralded 5 or 6 under LVG
Just please keep it up so we don't have to sign fecking Danny Rose

Surprised his performance is being rated so highly. I felt he was 'fairly good' but I wouldn't go any further than that. Perhaps a bit more solid defensively than Young, but he certainly didn't provide as much going forward as Young normally does at leftback. It's a step in the right direction, but he's still got a fair way to go.

He should be playing ahead of Young IMO. Young is good at putting in crosses but he just doesn't link up well with our left sided attacker. Shaw makes intelligent runs puts in the wide player whereas Young blindly crosses it everytime.

Young has been better than anything Shaw has shown thus far this season. I’m happy that we’ve got some genuine competition for a starting place.

I've always been a massive fan of Shaw but things just haven't gone his way since joining. I'm hoping now that he can keep his place and nail down that LB spot.

Saving his career at the moment.

He gained Jose trust by starting 2 games in just 72 hours. Him and Young can solve our LB dilemma for now.

I thought he played well, I was surprised he started today given how tired he looked against Southampton but he looked revitalized and struck up a good understanding with Pogba in the left channel.

His linkup play/passing has always been very good. Also has a great first touch.

Just has to work on defensive positioning and concentration, but I'm sure they'll improve if he keeps getting game time.

Shaw is not just a good LB, he is a very good footballer. His passing, first touch is very good. If he can work on his crossing/final pass then he will be deadly player to face.

Against Saints he looked absolutely gassed but today he was making sprints and closing down in the 92nd minute. He hasn't magically improved his fitness in 48 hours. I think he managed his game better.

Also, I think he was screaming at Rashford to "Take him on," towards the end as well. Someone said it and I think it was him.

Agreed. Young is doing well but he is 32 now and for all his good performances he isn't a LB. I want see Shaw string a proper run of games together because he has a much higher ceiling than him.

What's encouraging is that he seems completely fit. Worked hard all game putting pressure on the Everton attackers all the way into added time. Made some nice runs and stepped up especially in the second half. Had a good cross and movement in the final third. Very encouraging, keep it up lad.
Yes, he is getting fitter and playing like he has put the terrible injury behind so wish him luck.

Young has been better than anything Shaw has shown thus far this season. I’m happy that we’ve got some genuine competition for a starting place.
Young is better defensively and his end product in the final third is miles ahead but his link up in the other two-thirds isn't great for our build up. If Young is starting from deep he's either going to punt it or pull it back to DDG or the CBs whereas Shaw being a natural lefty drives the play forward naturally. Things like this is why our build up looks disjointed and we can't play out of pressure for sustained periods.

If our strategy wasn't about creating crosses for Lukaku we would give Shaw more opportunities. Looks to be cleaning up his act of being fat and unfocused

Very pleased he's been able to put together this run of games - and to see him improve seemingly with every game :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.