6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was okay but needs to speed up the tempo of his game. We try to pass the ball around at a quick pace and then it comes to Shaw and he takes a lot longer than the other players at present. He also tries to do too much sometimes with his passing. I think he can get these things right but for right now its something to improve on

He was shit. Why is it whenever players are meant to prove their Manager wrong they play like this. Guy was awful

Another player that just doesn't seem good enough/bothered to play. I think it's worth cutting our losses with him.

If he hadn't had his leg broken people would be way more realistic about his performances, he's been shit. A fecking winger at the age of what, 33, puts him to shame with his performances.

Awful today. So many careless moments, ball goes under his foot, terrible pass that gets us into trouble.

He is just not good enough. I don't know for how long we will persist and wait for supposedly "The Shaw before the injury" (which was only a 8 match spell anyway). Has anybody noticed how poor is his crossing, every time the ball was layed of to him in a crossing position rather than crossing it first time as any decent player would, he would take two touches to set it up and then hit the first man every fecking time. It was the same in the Burnley match aswell. It became funny at the end, and me and my friend will joke around with another awful Luke Shaw cross incoming and he will never disappoint.

Today, at the end when we needed urgency, he was just shot, he kept passing the ball back and in the end just ran into two Southampton players hoping for a free kick. I am tired of waiting for players to step up. I believe there are so many aspects that he lacks in his game to be good enough player for us at the moment. We need to improve on our Full backs. Shaw, Darmian and Blind all needs to go and two first choice LB and RB needs to be brought in with Young and Valencia as cover for them.

Yeah I thought he started off well then completely faded.
Honestly think he faded as he was playing in front of Jose. Jose looked like he had a massive bee in his bonnet the whole second half.
Keown actually made a good point, someone needs to get a hold of him and tell him to ignore Jose. He is playing scared and with a handbreak on which Just isn’t his game.

Would do well not to take crossing lessons from Valencia also. Did put in a few good balls and picked out some nice passes and made some decent runs at times that weren’t used. I thought he was honestly one of our better players.

A very bad game, but like with Mkhi you get a bad touch when you never play games. The only way to get better is by playing lots of games, but will he? With Mourinho it’s often one game and straight to the bench.

Secondly, he just isn’t very good anymore. His injury ruined his career at the top; which is perfectly understandable.

Christ, he wasn't that bad. Thought he was fine to be honest. Did some nice things, solid defensively, looking strong and still very quick. Perhaps tired a bit in the second half but I can't see anything to deserve the stick he's getting here.

One of our better players for what its worth. Atleast showed a bit of drive before fading near the end. End product not great, generally winning a corner was the best outcome but he did have one great ball in the first half that we probably should have had someone on the end of. A few untidy moments that no doubt people will have the knives out for but overall he was just ok

He did well today. People forget he's just now playing regularly after quite a while.

Please don’t tell me people are saying Shaw has been shite. feck me he’s been a great introduction to left back. Getting sick of United fans now.

Played well overall but got a bit sloppy towards the end. Most of Southampton's late counter attacks came down his side. It wasn't only because he was playing further up, he also gave it away cheaply. I remember Mourinho giving him a rollicking about letting a simple pass go past him. I've been impressed with him since his return to the starting lineup otherwise

He's been ok since he's been back in the side. No more, no less. I would say if he keeps it up he's worth keeping around, but he's hardly proved himself to be an asset down the left.

If the question is can we do better than Shaw at left back?, then the answer has to be a resounding yes. That's all we should be worried about. This guy hasn't got the minerals required, he most likely would have been a much better player but for his injury but we can't give him a pass anymore and if we don't improve on him(and a lot more players) it will say a lot about our intentions going forward.

One of the better ones today, been fairly impressed since he's come back.

Wasn't great, on par with the rest of the shite in a red shirt.

That's how I saw it. He wasn't the best player out there. But he wasn't the worst.
Did anyone notice that Jose was talking to Shaw constantly in the 2nd half?

That's how I saw it. He wasn't the best player out there. But he wasn't the worst.
Did anyone notice that Jose was talking to Shaw constantly in the 2nd half?

Yeah seemed to have given him a bit of a
Telling off when the ball went under his foot and he didn’t try and stop it going out of play.

He was fine in the first half but dreadful in the second half. You could see Mourinho getting more and more frustrated with him as the game went on.

He couldn’t create the angle on his crosses. Needed some readjusting and still hit the first defender. He was either knackered or he didn’t have the confidence to hit it first time.

He didn’t do anything to warrant a starting position to be honest.

Christ, he wasn't that bad. Thought he was fine to be honest. Did some nice things, solid defensively, looking strong and still very quick. Perhaps tired a bit in the second half but I can't see anything to deserve the stick he's getting here.
I think people are being way too harsh on Shaw. It's still relatively early days in his comeback, and crossing notwithstanding, I think he's looked pretty solid. I honestly wouldn't bother with Danny Rose, and instead would give Shaw an extended run (plus we have far greater needs just about everywhere else on the pitch.)

Not sure how the results are relevant to Shaw's performances, this looks like Duncan Castles giving excuses for not playing Shaw early in the season. None of the goals conceded are Shaw mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.