6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
what suprised me about Shaw is his attacking sense in the final 3rd, he was always able to find a pass that most of the time led to a positive attacking threat and some great little through balls in and around evertons box

Getting better. Don't know how he'll progress from here but he is by a mile our best left back.

Yes, he is getting fitter and playing like he has put the terrible injury behind so wish him luck.
Told my brother that actually. Mentally he seems stronger, goes into tackles where as last season he shied away.

another decent performance. I just hope he’s in Jose’s plans now and won’t be relegated back to the stands once young and Valencia are back or worse sold as soon as an offers on the table.

Something I like about Luke Shaw; is that he is as strong as an ox and doesnt lose physical battles very often. He is very good at winning headers.

Looks to be getting a bit of game time just at the right moment. May not be over for him after all.

Grabbed probably his last lifeline and made good use of it. Hope he plays more and become a regular. I'm confident Shaw at 27 would be better than current Rose.

Shaw is finding some form. Long way to go, but i hope Jose now gives him a run.
Seems to be getting one for sure, and with Young suspended for the next two games I think he's got the next couple of games to try and make the spot his own.

Against Saints he looked absolutely gassed but today he was making sprints and closing down in the 92nd minute. He hasn't magically improved his fitness in 48 hours. I think he managed his game better.
Yeah. I think it is also like Scholes said last month - Shaw's the kind of player who needs to play a run of games to build fitness. Last few games he probably felt the pressure of having Young and Valencia as the starters but with Young now suspended he probably feels that he can pace himself a bit more now and it has actually done him well which is a bit weird. With him playing 90 mins two days ago you'd think he'd be playing poorer here but it was the reverse. I think someone said against Southampton he played poorer when he was on Mourinho's side and that might have been the pressure getting to him a bit.

Really hoping he stays fit. Not getting ahead of myself, but been class when he's played recently.

Grabbed probably his last lifeline and made good use of it. Hope he plays more and become a regular. I'm confident Shaw at 27 would be better than current Rose.
I think his biggest lifeline was Darmian and Blind weirdly enough.

Yeah I think those two are done here.
Hopefully, can't fault his spirit but Darmian's been an absolute disaster since he joined. Wouldn't be surprised to see us trying to shift the pair of them out this window.

Hopefully, can't fault his spirit but Darmian's been an absolute disaster since he joined. Wouldn't be surprised to see us trying to shift the pair of them out this window.

I think we’ll keep them this window but when we sign a new fullback and with Tuanzebe and TFM around they’re doomed next summer.

I thought he was the best player when Everton were pressing hard at the 2nd half after Martial scored. Many times he negates any deliveries to the box and he just got that pace to make up for any mistakes.

Danny Rose is an established premier league left back, but I don't think we need him to upgrade. Shaw is that upgrade.

What’s great is that he’s still extremely young, so can only build on where he’s at really. I think if he’s managed properly we’ll have a bloody brilliant, all rounded left back.

He's not close to fully fit yet, but he showed glimpses of what he can add to our attacking play when he got forward today. Still don't think he's even hit top gear in a sprint yet despite having a few opportunities to get forward on the overlap. Pogba actually told him to at one point in the 2nd half and that was when he really started to come into the game.

What's his chances of making the world cup england squad? The bookies are giving 8/1 for him to make it, whereas James Ward Prowse and Ross Barkley are 6/1 :lol:

Performing better game after game. Should with young out continue to get some much needed and deserved time on the pitch. If he can keep performing and improving then he should finally nail down that left back spot as his own.

I think previously he had been feeling the pressure from jose breathing down his neck and the threat of being dropped. With that pressure easing he's performing with more freedom and we're seeing a better player

Unsurprisingly looks good once he's had a run of games in the team. Long may it continue.

Good game with some nice passing into feet. Helped a lot by Pogba's and Martial mercurial ability on the ball when they veered to his side.

Still a bit defensively suspect at certain situations. Understandable but he's doesn't get tight enough probably because he's scared he'll get skinned and will be out of the squad for 2 months. However, that gives the opposition time to put in some crosses.

Still would take a run of games from him any day over anyone else in the squad.

Hope this is the start of him fulfilling his potential rather than just putting him in the shop window. He's still a bit naive defensively but it makes such a difference having his pace and directness on the left flank. I still think he's one injury/screw up away from being sold in the summer however.

Last edited:
Young has been better than anything Shaw has shown thus far this season. I’m happy that we’ve got some genuine competition for a starting place.
Yes Young has been good but he pretty much plays like a winger when going forward and renders our left winger(rashford/martial) useless. He doesn't overlap like Shaw does to create width, he doesn't have that coordination a winger and fullback should have. Individually Young has been better than Shaw but for our team to improve Shaw has to play. Plus Shaw has the potential to be our left back for at least 5 years whereas Young has atmost 1 year under his belt.

Really great run of form he is in at the moment and having the natural fullback to add tempo on the left is really crucial. Fingers crossed he can keep it going, chin up lad you're on a good run here keep it up.

what suprised me about Shaw is his attacking sense in the final 3rd, he was always able to find a pass that most of the time led to a positive attacking threat and some great little through balls in and around evertons box
Always been a crucial part of his game that. Even at Soton, his passing and touch were his best attributes.

I think he's back for good.

Miracles can happen

It truly would be a miracle if he was to turn things around and establish himself as our first choice LB. I didn't think it would happen, but it'd free up some funds we could use to improve other areas of the squad, so here's hoping.

Put in a decent performance. Actually thought his passing and decision making in the final third were way better than in and around his own box. Could probably improve on that in the next game.

Very impressive last night. He makes very clever runs off the ball when we are attacking and lots of good moves came down that side with him involved.
Have a nagging feeling that this is Jose giving him a little run before selling him, but I really hope not. If he can stay fit and have a good run of 10-12 games we'll see the player we spent £30m on, rather than the imitation we've had beforehand.

The guy has got massive potential if he remains fit. My only concern is José! You just know he's back on the bench when Young comes back.

Shaw is playing well, let's hope he stays fit and is given game time. He is making a difference to how we play.. a naturally left-sided player, occasionally attacking from the left, and crossing from the left, on the run, not cutting back in etc. It's great to see.

And I hope Mourinho has the humility to show him the same respect and positive support, as he was when he was speaking about him rather negatively earlier in the season.

Very impressive last night. He makes very clever runs off the ball when we are attacking and lots of good moves came down that side with him involved.
Have a nagging feeling that this is Jose giving him a little run before selling him, but I really hope not. If he can stay fit and have a good run of 10-12 games we'll see the player we spent £30m on, rather than the imitation we've had beforehand.

Funny I do too. Ashley is out for another 2 games and I'm not sure when Tony is back so back to back solid performances might help.

The main impression I've got from watching Shaw this season is how much better he is on the ball than I was previously giving him credit for. Some lovely touches in the opposition third, including a flicked nutmeg pass that Ronaldinho would have been proud of. After that, my next impression is less positive. He's still not fit enough. I kept asking myself "where the feck is Shaw" and then he'd trot into view about a second after everyone else like that baby rhino in Jumanji. This happened at both ends of the pitch so wasn't about being too attacking or too defensive, just not working hard enough to get up and down the touchline. Tbf it was less noticeable last night than in previous games so he must be building up some sort of fitness. If he can somehow get an engine as good as Valencia he'll be a hell of a player but that's still a big if for me, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.