Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Bony's not terrible, just a bit pointless on top of three perfectly good strikers.

Responsible for one of the best backheel assists I've ever seen though (and that includes Berbatov's catalogue of them!)

I don't know if this is new information but the Remy deal has fallen through.

Liverpool-s-Fabio-Borini_2809406.jpg

Bony's not terrible, just a bit pointless on top of three perfectly good strikers.

Responsible for one of the best backheel assists I've ever seen though (and that includes Berbatov's catalogue of them!)

If that was in reply to me I never said he was a terrible player, just that he would be a terrible signing. We'd lose all our tactical flexibility because he can only play one position and even in it he's really static.

If not in reply to me...carry on!

If that was in reply to me I never said he was a terrible player, just that he would be a terrible signing. We'd lose all our tactical flexibility because he can only play one position and even in it he's really static.

If not in reply to me...carry on!

It wasn't in reply to you, dw. Just a general comment.

So why don't they just bring Origi straight to the first team instead of loaning him?

So why don't they just bring Origi straight to the first team instead of loaning him?
still very raw...and as shown in the WC might be very good for a bit but then either out of the game, or not doing the basics right for the rest of match

Summer 2014 for Liverpool:

Losing Suarez
Rejected by Sanchez
Big money spent on half a dozen players
None of which are top quality right now
Missed out on Ben Davies
Bertrand a real possibility
Lallana injured
Borini refusing to go
Remy deal collapsing

Summer 2014 for Liverpool:

Losing Suarez
Rejected by Sanchez
Big money spent on half a dozen players
None of which are top quality right now
Missed out on Ben Davies
Bertrand a real possibility
Lallana injured
Borini refusing to go
Remy deal collapsing
:lol:

If there is a known heart condition, then its understandable.
nothing has been confirmed...but on transfer deadline day 2012 he went to Cobham amid strong rumours in France that Chelsea were signing him. Chelsea TV stayed on air after midnight ready to announce a deal...but nothing happened. Nothing has been said officially why it didnt happen or why he failed medical but the rumour started about heart and being a few months after the Muamba incident then understandable.
That of course isnt to say that it has cleared up and liverpool have other concerns.

It was Marseille but eventually they signed him.
and also at Chelsea....the heart condition had allegedly cleared up but they were not willing to take the risk...if it has cropped up again then it sounds as if Liverpool are not prepared to risk it either but for the players sake I hope it is something else like an injury that can be sorted

I guess this is down to due diligence but it's a shocker for the player.

Interestingly, Spurs only finished last season 3 points worse off than the year before. Thought it would be more than that.

Should offer a very low basic salary and make it basically pay as you play. I can understand the club's hesitance after what happened with Doni.

Why has Brenton given up on Borini so quickly? He had that injury in his first season, then was shipped out on loan, so he's hardly had a real chance to impress. I think he'd make a good squad player. Are the Pool fans here happy to see him sold, or think he deserves another chance?

Why has Brenton given up on Borini so quickly? He had that injury in his first season, then was shipped out on loan, so he's hardly had a real chance to impress. I think he'd make a good squad player. Are the Pool fans here happy to see him sold, or think he deserves another chance?

Don't know about most Liverpool fans but while I'd be happy for him to stay as a squad player if the £14m offer from Sunderland is true I think we should bite their hand off. He's got his uses but ultimately is a bit too lacking technically.

That's it mate, keep on believing that last season will repeat itself, keep on believing that we've no world class players, keep on believing that it's going to be another rosey season for Liverpool. If Moyes was still here, we wouldn't be hearing the end about how we're destined to years in the darkness. You lot still haven't changed your tune despite us hiring one of the best managers in the game along with taking several other steps in the right direction.

You only see what you want to see.

Whatever.

World Class? I am beginning to wonder what that means now, discarded by Chelsea...hmm.

Come to think of it by those guidelines Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana are also world class, actually so is Mignolet who also like De Gea isn't his country's number 1.