Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Whatever.

World Class? I am beginning to wonder what that means now, discarded by Chelsea...hmm.

Come to think of it by those guidelines Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana are also world class, actually so is Mignolet who also like De Gea isn't his country's number 1.

Mata is borderline. I can see both sides of the argument. De Gea is clearly world class unless your definition is one of the three best in the world or something like that. His inability to get into the Spain squad is down to the manager trusting the old guard.

Don't know about most Liverpool fans but while I'd be happy for him to stay as a squad player if the £14m offer from Sunderland is true I think we should bite their hand off. He's got his uses but ultimately is a bit too lacking technically.

Has he ? Non-prolific as a goalscorer. Doesn't create many chances for his team-mates. Lacks game intelligence.

I groan when I see him on the bench. I'd sob in despair if Rodgers ever had to start him on a regular basis.

Jamie Carragher ‏@Carra23
Last season myself and @GNev2 both had Lovren in our team of 2013, he was as good as anyone until he got injured in the new year.

and also at Chelsea....the heart condition had allegedly cleared up but they were not willing to take the risk...if it has cropped up again then it sounds as if Liverpool are not prepared to risk it either but for the players sake I hope it is something else like an injury that can be sorted

I have never heard of Remy failing a medical at Chelsea. Do you have a link for this ? Even caught the Chelsea fan by surprise too.

Has he ? Non-prolific as a goalscorer. Doesn't create many chances for his team-mates. Lacks game intelligence.

I groan when I see him on the bench. I'd sob in despair if Rodgers ever had to start him on a regular basis.

Yeah I wouldn't want him as a regular starter either but I think the lacking intelligence part is a bit harsh. He could do well as a workhorse wide man but I guess that role doesn't really exist in Rodgers' system.

I have never heard of Remy failing a medical at Chelsea. Do you have a link for this ? Even caught the Chelsea fan by surprise too.
I am only going what we were watching on CTV September 2012 last day of transfer window. They were going on about the late transfer deal and that Remy had been spotted going into Cobham.
On google there is tons of speculation about it

Ben Smith
‏@BenSmithBBC
Better news ahead for Liverpool fans. Dejan Lovren has completed his £20m move to Anfield. Expect #LFC to confirm on Monday

Echo reports club moving for other targets following Remy situation.

That also assumes that Liverpool will have a leaky defence with nothing having changed.

As for the penalty thing, pretty much everyone was a clear penalty. A couple were soft but they often came when result was already secure. Liverpool's aggressive attacking led to an unusual amount. I expect a lot next season as well.

:lol:

I am only going what we were watching on CTV September 2012 last day of transfer window. They were going on about the late transfer deal and that Remy had been spotted going into Cobham.
On google there is tons of speculation about it

How come not many caftards or people haven't heard of it ? I think it's fair to say it was all made up.

Why has Brenton given up on Borini so quickly? He had that injury in his first season, then was shipped out on loan, so he's hardly had a real chance to impress. I think he'd make a good squad player. Are the Pool fans here happy to see him sold, or think he deserves another chance?

Not good enough for us.

Whatever your opinion about the nature of Liverpool's penalties last season, to use them as qualification for Liverpool's strong season is straw clutching and simply reads as bitter. Up there with "the fixtures are against us".

Whatever your opinion about the nature of Liverpool's penalties last season, to use them as qualification for Liverpool's strong season is straw clutching and simply reads as bitter. Up there with "the fixtures are against us".

I didn't. I predicted three things that won't happen next season, one of which is an absurdly high number of suspicious penalties, including two at Old Trafford.

Stop twisting my words to suit your own deluded agenda.

I didn't. I predicted three things that won't happen next season, one of which is an absurdly high number of suspicious penalties, including two at Old Trafford.

High number of suspicious penalties. I presume you can offer evidence for this.

As for the word 'suspicious', are you implying some kind of conspiracy?

Three at Old Trafford. One that was given wasn't, but there was one that wasn't called too.

Calling someone deluded is a bit ironic coming from you, no?

Three at Old Trafford. One that was given wasn't, but there was one that wasn't called too.

Calling someone deluded is a bit ironic coming from you, no?

Jones one was soft also imo and we had one turned down poor referee display that day all round but regardless of pens we were deservedly beaten by better team that day no complaints. But doubt Liverpool will have as much in their favour next season.

And yet 'soft' penalties have been at the he

I assume this means that you now concede that United didn't win our titles due to suspect refereering and soft penalty decisions?

Liverpool fans never bought the argument that because we attacked more, we received more penalties, yet now suddenly they are using the same argument.

In my opinion, Pool have strengthened the squad but their first 11 is worse. Would that be a fair assessment?

And I have to say, Liverpool's central midfield options are no worse than ours. Hear me out:

Their Joe Allen is our Tom Cleverley. Bang average, an alright squad player.

Gerrard is declining rapidly and it one of the reasons Liverpool fecked up the chance of a trophy last season. He won't/can't be dropped from the first 11 either.

Lucas Leiva. I was a fan of his season before last and one before that. But last season he was pretty terrible IMO. And he's getting worse, even RAWKites aren't rating him too much now.

Henderson - their best midfielder bar none. Runs a lot, great engine. Will probably play all the matches unless he gets injured/suspended.

Emre Can. An unknown quantity really but I'd be playing him from the off when you look at the options above.

Jones one was soft also imo and we had one turned down poor referee display that day all round but regardless of pens we were deservedly beaten by better team that day no complaints. But doubt Liverpool will have as much in their favour next season.
The better teams 'appear' to get the luck. However, it's because they create more opportunities for things to go their way. If you play like Liverpool did last season you will cause the ref to make an awful lot of decisions in and around the opposition penalty area. Some are right but some are wrong decisions. If Liverpool set-up and play as they did last season I expect another season of things going in our 'favour'.

This isn't something peculiar to Liverpool last season, it's just the trait of good sides. Conversely, teams at the bottom get supposed poor luck, but percentages would suggest this is more likely as they don't do things as well as most teams.

'The more I practise, the luckier I get'. Gary Player

Last edited:
In my opinion, Pool have strengthened the squad but their first 11 is worse. Would that be a fair assessment?
Well they've bought some of the squad players they needed to compete in Europe and the PL but that was predicated on keeping Suarez as well.

For me, next season, Chelsea/City/Arsenal will be in a mini league of their own unless ourselves and United pull out some major signings before window ends.

Then they'll be United, Spurs, L'pool scrapping it out for 4th. And Everton just below that (I think Toffees will be worse next season, I feel for them having Kenright as owner).

I just can't see a team with Daniel Sturridge as their main player firing them towards the title. Especially when Glen Johnson is still getting game time. Although I am sure the Troll will play instead with Bertrand ( :lol: ) at LB and the CB pairing of Sakho and Lovren looks ok on paper.

For me, next season, Chelsea/City/Arsenal will be in a mini league of their own unless ourselves and United pull out some major signings before window ends.

Then they'll be United, Spurs, L'pool scrapping it out for 4th. And Everton just below that (I think Toffees will be worse next season, I feel for them having Kenright as owner).

I just can't see a team with Daniel Sturridge as their main player firing them towards the title. Especially when Glen Johnson is still getting game time. Although I am sure the Troll will play instead with Bertrand ( :lol: ) at LB and the CB pairing of Sakho and Lovren looks ok on paper.

The conspiracy theorists were right! :eek:

The better teams 'appear' to get the luck. However, it's because they create more opportunities for things to go their way. If you play like Liverpool did last season you will cause the ref to make an awful lot of decisions in and around the opposition penalty area. Some are right but some are wrong decisions. If Liverpool set-up and play as they did last season I expect another season of things going in our 'favour'.

This isn't something peculiar to Liverpool last season, it's just the trait of good sides. Conversely, teams at the bottom get supposed poor luck, but percentages would suggest this is more likely as they don't do things as well as most teams.

'The more I practise, the luckier I get'. Arnold Palmer

Steady pickle I was more meaning the teams who finished above Liverpool having major changes. Like United Chelsea and Spurs. Liverpool went out the cups early and this also helped them with their lean squad. Yes they have strengthened their squad but their starting 11 is considerably weaker without Suarez imo. United Arsenal and City have all improved their starting 11s. We will see come end of window where we all stand but I honestly think United Arsenal Liverpool and Spurs will fight for 3rd and 4th and United and Arsenal will get 3rd and 4th respectively.

Always said the scousers will find it difficult to win the title because they had to overcome United, City and Chelsea. But last season we got 'Moyesed', Chelsea impoled with one hand on the trophy and City gave up...until Liverpool ...err let it slip ;)

Any decent Liverpool fan would have shot himself...but instead they went to the bog again.

Not 6th or 7th either.

Spurs finished in the top four a while back, sustaining it is another thing, especially for a club that's just lost a player like Suarez and filled their club with a bunch of players from mid-table clubs. United hadn't finished outside the top four since the early 90's before last season, so it's fecking stupid to take the piss out of one season under a manager way out of his depth.

Spurs finished in the top four a while back, sustaining it is another thing, especially for a club that's just lost a player like Suarez. United hadn't finished outside the top four since the early 90's before last season, so it's fecking stupid to take the piss out of one season under a manager way out of his depth.

Where in that post did I take the piss?

How many players have they signed now? :lol:

Ok addition, but the raid on Southampton, who finished 8th last season is a bit comical. None of these players are going to take them up another level, and since Saurez is gone, that level is a good bit below where they were at last season.

How many players have they signed now? :lol:

Ok addition, but the raid on Southampton, who finished 8th last season is a bit comical. None of these players are going to take them up another level, and since Saurez is gone, that level is a good bit below where they were at last season.

3 from Southampton now.. But careful bud, scousers will jump on you for that statement, if they signed average players then so did we :lol:. Shaw was the one to get from them.

Lovren will be decent but that's more because of their current options.. An improvement but not top drawer in my opinion.

Now that Remy is off, they could make a move for Jay Rodriguez or Bony or of course better still keep Borini..

So they mocked us for finishing seventh and for how poorly we played, then have paid over the odds for the players who led a team to eighth in the league and have little potential to grow as footballers as they're in their prime already. Right.

I hope we give Coates another chance. He has been one of our best players this preseason and has looked good throughout.

So they mocked us for finishing seventh and for how poorly we played, then have paid over the odds for the players who led a team to eighth in the league and have little potential to grow as footballers as they're in their prime already. Right.

It's ok, I'd take a few players from the 7th placed team as well.