Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Van Persie, De Gea, Rooney (which I don't agree with)... Herrera? Don't think we have more than two tbh. Which is still two more than Liverpool.

RVP, Rooney, de Gea, Mata. Januzaj is only a matter of time - if he'd played more games last season at the same level as the ones he did play, I'd say he was already there. If we have a good season Herrera will also probably join that list, the same way Mata did when he moved to Chelsea.

The closest they have is Sturridge, who has yet to prove that he's anywhere near that level without Suarez spoon-feeding him chances.

I didn't say you were the same club, I said you were doing the same thing.
They were laughing at us because we were meant to be signing 10 players because we needed a whole new team, apparently. Well, how things can change in two months.

RVP, Rooney, de Gea, Mata. Januzaj is only a matter of time - if he'd played more games last season at the same level as the ones he did play, I'd say he was already there. If we have a good season Herrera will also probably join that list, the same way Mata did when he moved to Chelsea.

The closest they have is Sturridge, who has yet to prove that he's anywhere near that level without Suarez spoon-feeding him chances.
Nothing's set in stone, we can't be getting too overconfident, the other 4 I agree with though.

They were laughing at us because we were meant to be signing 10 players because we needed a whole new team, apparently. Well, how things can change in two months.

It was hilarious how many idiots were spouting crap like that. Robbie Savage wrote something to that effect, confirming him forever in my head as an incurable moron.

Nothing's set in stone, we can't be getting too overconfident, the other 4 I agree with though.

Herrera is definitely not set in stone, true. But as I say Januzaj was basically already putting world-class performances in last season, he just hasn't had enough games for it to be statistically reliable yet! So he's as set in stone as it's possible to be without a time machine. Obviously there's always the risk of a horrible injury or something like that.

It was hilarious how many idiots were spouting crap like that. Robbie Savage wrote something to that effect, confirming him forever in my head as an incurable moron.
I remember that article it was an absolute load of shite, he was on about how we would struggle in pre-season and that we needed to replace Rooney and van Persie, two top 10 strikers need replacing of course :rolleyes: ah well, he can't get them all right I suppose.

Herrera is definitely not set in stone, true. But as I say Januzaj was basically already putting world-class performances in last season, he just hasn't had enough games for it to be statistically reliable yet! So he's as set in stone as it's possible to be without a time machine. Obviously there's always the risk of a horrible injury or something like that.
who for?

just saying that there were hardly any world class performances by any player in the PL last year...only a couple players such as Yaya Toure and Suarez came close

I just don't want to jinx Januzaj because he carried us at times last season, a 19 year old carried bloody Manchester United. I think he's going to go on to be a special player too personally, I just don't want these comments to come back and bite us in the arse.

Januzaj isn't remotely close to world class yet. Rooney currently isn't world class either. Our 3 world class players are RvP, DDG, and Mata.

If Januzaj is set in stone future world-class, surely Sterling is also.

It's less clear because Sterling was doing it in a team that were absolutely flying. Average players like Jordan Henderson were also impressing. Hell, Sturridge was made to look like the best #9 in the league.

Januzaj was doing it against the grain, in a side where undoubtedly world class players like RVP were struggling. That's a much more reliable indicator of his inherent quality.

It's less clear because Sterling was doing it in a team that were absolutely flying. Players like Jordan Henderson were also impressing.

Januzaj was doing it against the grain, in a side where undoubtedly world class player like RVP were struggling. That's a much more reliable indicator of his inherent quality.

Sterling was pretty impressive last year also in a team that finished 7th.

It's less clear because Sterling was doing it in a team that were absolutely flying. Average players like Jordan Henderson were also impressing. Hell, Sturridge was made to look like the best #9 in the league.

Januzaj was doing it against the grain, in a side where undoubtedly world class player like RVP were struggling. That's a much more reliable indicator of his inherent quality.
:lol:

Ridiculous overrating of his performances last season.

I didn't say you were the same club, I said you were doing the same thing.

Numerous people have dispelled that argument.

Januzaj was doing it against the grain, in a side where undoubtedly world class players like RVP were struggling. That's a much more reliable indicator of his inherent quality.

I don't think it's clear Messi is world class either. He does it in a side that's flying, but can he do it in a side that's going against the grain?

Seems like Remy has failed his medical and the deal if off.

Blow for Liverpool, don't think they'll get a player like him for that fees.

Have they? I've not seen a convincing rebuttal so far. How is buying in Lallana, Lambert, Markovic, Can and probably Lovren, Origi and Remy any different from what Spurs did, except that the average quality of player is slightly worse?

There are only two ways to effectively spend the money from selling your standout star player. 1: Replace him with another world-class star player. 2: Spend the money on reinforcing your weakest positions with genuine quality.

Obviously Liverpool aren't doing the former, and with only one defender amongst a prospective 7 signings, they're not doing the latter either. What they're doing is just trying to bring in loads of good or promising players. But you can only play 11 at any one time, so that's not a good approach. It's exactly what Spurs did.

I don't think it's clear Messi is world class either. He does it in a side that's flying, but can he do it in a side that's going against the grain?

Don't be deliberately dense. Besides, he has done, plenty of time. He pretty much carried an under-performing Argentina into the knockout stages at the WC, for example.

Disagree. Sterling looks the better player, he was a huge reason as to why Liverpool were so good last year. Can't take anything away from either of them, they both look very talented in their own way, which is nice.

Messi's done it at times when Barca have struggled and even when he's playing shite he'll still manage to pull off a goal or two.

'world class' is the over used tired old line and too readily used.

Well that's just a disagreement on definition then, isn't it? You're using world class in a more exclusive sense than I am. You're not 'right' though - there's no one correct definition of the term, which is why it's a slightly pointless one.

Ouch. Liverpool's bad summer continues. So Borini, Lambert, Sturridge and Bony it is then hopefully.

Seems like Remy has failed his medical and the deal if off.

Blow for Liverpool, don't think they'll get a player like him for that fees.
wonder if its that heart defect (perhaps wrong choice of word) that showed up when Chelsea had him for a medical some years back before he went to Marseille?

As long as Bony isn't the alternative, I don't mind.

Yeah Bony would be a truly terrible signing. Not a slight on him, he's a very good player, just not versatile enough and it's hard to see 2 of Lambert, Sturridge and Bony playing in the same team without making our attack very one dimensional.

Well that's just a disagreement on definition then, isn't it? You're using world class in a more exclusive sense than I am. You're not 'right' though - there's no one correct definition of the term, which is why it's a slightly pointless one.
well one thing is for certain...the player you were talking about did not put in any world class performances like most of the rest of that squad last season

Watch Remy now sign for someone else and score loads.

Aka do a Demba Ba. He failed a medical for someone before moving to another Premier league team...right?
I think it was stoke. I think cissokho failed a medical with ac milan before too because of problems with his teeth.