Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Liverpool sure are buying a lot of players. Going to be hard to get rid of all of them if they fail to get to Europe next year.
Who's going to be offloaded? Or are Liverpool seriously going to have such a big squad around.
Just look at the amount of first team center backs: Toure, Agger, Coates, Sakho, Squirtle, Lovren. And I think they're more loaded in other positions.

Liverpool sure are buying a lot of players. Going to be hard to get rid of all of them if they fail to get to Europe next year.
Who's going to be offloaded? Or are Liverpool seriously going to have such a big squad around.
Just look at the amount of first team center backs: Toure, Agger, Coates, Sakho, Squirtle, Lovren. And I think they're more loaded in other positions.

They're apparently in the hunt for Charmander and Raichu as well. Really tryna catch em all.

Mignolet
Johnson - Lovren - Sakho - Enrique
Gerrard - Henderson
Sterling - Coutinho - Lallana
Sturridge​

Unless they sign a left back, this is how I'd imagine they will line up. Is it just me who thinks that that is an underwhelming team considering they've spent about 80m on Markovic, Lambert, Lovren, Lallana, and Can, and I'd say only two of them will actually start?

Mignolet
Gerrard - Henderson
Sturridge​

Unless they sign a left back, this is how I'd imagine they will line up. Is it just me who thinks that that is an underwhelming team considering they've spent about 80m on Markovic, Lambert, Lovren, Lallana, and Can, and I'd say only two of them will actually start?

I think we will definitely sign a left back and Enrique will be second choice. Lallana will obviously miss the start of the season.
With Remy not coming a new striker I would assume is being looked at.

Our bench, squad depth is much stronger which was the main problem last season. You could have as it stands Lambert, Markovic, Ibe, Suso, Allen, Lucas, Can, Agger, Skrtel, Flanagan, Borini, new striker fighting for a place on the bench.

Guess we need to wait to see what happens.

I think we will definitely sign a left back and Enrique will be second choice. Lallana will obviously miss the start of the season.

Our bench, squad depth is much stronger which was the main problem last season. You could have as it stands Lambert, Markovic, Ibe, Suso, Allen, Lucas, Can, Agger, Skrtel, Flanagan, Borini, new striker fighting for a place on the bench.

Guess we need to wait to see what happens.

I get the impression he'd trying to build a squad to try and maintain the top 4, rather than win the league. Would you agree?

I get the impression he'd trying to build a squad to try and maintain the top 4, rather than win the league. Would you agree?

I was hoping we would be challenging for the title again, I guess with Champions League, squad being thin on the ground, Suarez leaving we will have to just see how it goes. There is no denying we lost our best player, but the depth of the squad now in place overall is stronger.

When you only have Aspas and Moses as attacking options on the bench it's not ideal.

That's a pretty good view of it. Look at Chelsea signing Fabregas and Costa. Arsenal signing Sanchez, we are looking at Vidal. Liverpool are bringing in Southampton's best. Nothing wrong with the players they are bringing in but they are not players who are going to make the difference when it comes to winning trophies.

Mignolet
Lovren Skrtel Agger
Sterling Gerrard Lucas Markovic
Coutinho Henderson
Sturridge

à la Van Gaal

I reckon this would scare the shit out of most teams. I'd have Lallana ahead of Hendo behind the striker when he's fit. And maybe Can ahead of Lucas? But I haven't seen enough of him yet.

Would even consider having Enrique on the left side (and Agger in the center) of that back three because of his sheer physical strength and speed.

You reckon? I think I'd be more worried about playing the 4-2-3-1 I posted. Sterling and Markovic aren't wing backs.

I read this morning you were looking at Jay Rodriguez, wonder if there's any truth to it.
Mignolet
Lovren Skrtel Agger
Sterling Gerrard Lucas Markovic
Coutinho Henderson
Sturridge

à la Van Gaal

I reckon this would scare the shit out of most teams. I'd have Lallana ahead of Hendo behind the striker when he's fit. And maybe Can ahead of Lucas? But I haven't seen enough of him yet.

Would even consider having Enrique on the left side (and Agger in the center) of that back three because of his sheer physical strength and speed.
That team is so defensively poor it's not even funny. Would get torn to bits.

You reckon? I think I'd be more worried about playing the 4-2-3-1 I posted. Sterling and Markovic aren't wing backs.

Sterling can do it in a pinch. Has filled in there a number of times.

Sterling can do it in a pinch. Has filled in there a number of times.

It's a waste though. He's far more effective further up the pitch. Just because someone can play wingback doesn't make him a wingback.

Gerrards played on the wing for you before, and he was never a winger.

Yeah I wouldn't want him as a regular starter either but I think the lacking intelligence part is a bit harsh. He could do well as a workhorse wide man but I guess that role doesn't really exist in Rodgers' system.

What I said was that he lacks 'game intelligence'. The ability to read the game & respond accordingly. You very rarely see him nick in front of a defender to score, or create a chance for himself. This is the difference between a good striker & an average one. Dirk Kuyt wasn't a particularly skillful player, but a lot of his goals came about because he had the game intelligence that Borini lacks.

I think you'll see a few outgoings once Rodgers has got pretty much got the squad he wants.

That team is so defensively poor it's not even funny. Would get torn to bits.

Oh no, agreed. Just experimenting with a Van Gaal-like philosophy.

Although I'm inclined to believe that that side potentially has enough energy in it to counter the gaps at the back (if you switch Gerrard for Can), and perhaps be defensively sound.

Actually, how about this for a change? Think it could work honestly. Markovic has already proven that he can excel at the wing-back role and Flanagan does look good going forward.

Mignolet
Lovren Skrtel Agger
Markovic Gerrard Henderson Flanagan
Sterling Coutinho
Sturridge​

I read this morning you were looking at Jay Rodriguez, wonder if there's any truth to it.

I think that's unlikely as he is injured and his surname doesn't begin with an L!
He plays for Southampton which might also explain the rumour.

Mignolet
Gerrard - Henderson
Sturridge​

I don't think Enrique or Johnson would start over Flanagan. That line up isn't full of stars but its a good team nonetheless. Plenty of pace, technique, creativity and more importantly cohesion and teamwork. They seem like the type of players who will play at the same wavelength with good understanding between them. The front line is really pacy and can replicate the high-tempo attacking football that Liverpool played last season. Can Lallana, Sterling and Coutinho help Sturridge with his goalscoring burden? I am not sure about that given their lack of goalscoring threat. They could have also bought in a good midfielder because the likes of Allen and Lucas aren't that great. Emre Can is an unknown quantity as well. There is an immediate gulf in quality there, when Henderson was suspended towards the end of last season they missed him more than they missed Suarez initially.

If Liverpool were to line up in a varation of 3-5-2 I'd have them;

Mignolet
Sakho Lovren Agger
Johnson Gerrard Henderson Enrique
Coutinho
Sterling Sturridge​

So then, if Sanchez was a contingency plan for Suarez. I wonder what plan B we have in place for Remy ?

Is Grant Holt still knocking about ?

There is a legendary Danish striker on the market for free....

They certainly strengthened their squad, but there's no substitute for a world class talent like Suarez. There's still a month left to bring in new players, but they need to spend whatever money they've got left on genuine quality, because what they have now is not enough to be a title contender.

See Lovren reading from the Liverpool crib sheet they hand out to new signings " Liverpool are more than a club......"

Of course they are you thick muppet....they are half Southampton now as well ;-)

What I said was that he lacks 'game intelligence'. The ability to read the game & respond accordingly. You very rarely see him nick in front of a defender to score, or create a chance for himself. This is the difference between a good striker & an average one. Dirk Kuyt wasn't a particularly skillful player, but a lot of his goals came about because he had the game intelligence that Borini lacks.

Fair enough, wouldn't argue with that. I'm not really a fan of Borini either - would have been content if he was staying but not now there's a £14m offer on the table. Shame he isn't willing to move.

Fair enough, wouldn't argue with that. I'm not really a fan of Borini either - would have been content if he was staying but not now there's a £14m offer on the table. Shame he isn't willing to move.

I think it might still happen, but it'll drag out.

Lovren is a good signing for them. Great season last season and has a very impressive physique. Lovren and Sakho sounds much better than Agger and Skrtel. Plus they have Enrique back now. All they need to do is sign a quality RB and that defence is looking very strong.

Markovic looked decent last night but I'm not sure about the rest of the signings to be honest. Liverpool don't have the best of luck when they buy English wingers (I imagine he'll play there), so I could see Lallana being a flop.

Good prospect and nice to see him being rewarded with a new contract after impressing on loan. Is he likely to stay this season? Only glanced the article so not sure if it said.

I think he'll probably stay.

Also, the Echo are saying Origi will be announced tomorrow.

I actually am racking my brains for Liverpool players I'd have. Sturridge? A decent player, too selfish to lead the line for a top team year in year out, a good squad option. Henderson I would have for sure but would be seeking to upgrade. Sterling of course. After that.. no one.