Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Herrera and Shaw are about as uninspiring as it gets. Yet they're hailed as some God sends. Shouldn't we be seeing some Pogbas and Vidals soon? Not to mention the Hummels? RvG has proved sweet FA in this league. Same as Rafa had when he won two serie As.

I recognise the 'can't happen to us' euphoria you're going through. Won't end well.
Shaw, yeah we overpaid but Herrera looks like he's the midfielder that we've been searching for, for years. Anyway, our biggest signing was LVG, someone who seems to be able to get the best out of his players, building a system to accommodate for their shortcomings. Very similar to your brenton actually in that sense.

Anyway, I predict that you'll go into hiding again next season when we inevitably finish ahead of you. You can quote me on that.

Your still there, one season where your finest asset causes enough chaos to see you take advantage of 3 top clubs suffering managerial change changes nothing.
That asset has since set sail and you've replaced him with a now injured Lallana.

Markovic? :confused:

Uninspiring? My word, if Liverpool signed one of the hottest English talents around and Herrera I'd hardly say you'd be whistling the same tune. Funny you've the cheek to say that when your own signings have been as uninspiring as it gets despite selling one of the worlds best players. I think it's you guys who are in for the rude awakening.

You signed a Southampton player. Let me just do an ironic dance for a second.

And Whorera? Yeah I'm gutted we can't buy like Utd. Lolz.

You signed a Southampton player. Let me just do an ironic dance for a second.

And Whorera? Yeah I'm gutted we can't buy like Utd. Lolz.
You could have an IQ higher than Steven Hawking but you should be banned on the spot for use of that horrendous word.

Who looks average as anything. Good luck for next season, you guys will sure need it if Rodgers can't work his magic again.

What? That's the signing that every Portuguese/Benfica supporter is raving about.

You should have worded that as "huge responsibility".
I've never seen Coutinho perform consistently but here's his chance.

End of the 2012/13 season he was consistently very good.

Whorera, are you fecking 5 years old? He's miles better than any player you've signed so far and I doubt you'll sign anyone better than him either.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, incredible first game but comments like this could come back and bite us in the arse come May.

Markovic? :confused:

Markovic is a planet-sized step-down from Suarez. You're talking about replacing a player who scored over 30 goals in the Premier League with one who scored 5 league goals last season playing for the best team in Portugal. For context, Bebe scored 12 for a team that avoided relegation via the playoffs and we're letting him go for £3m.

I'm not sure why everyone's questioning Markovic when I think he is by far the best player they have signed due to his ceiling, he looks like an absolutely brilliant player and I don't like complimenting Liverpool players like that but this guy looks like he could turn out to be absolutely incredible. Inconsistent but most players are at his age, I reckon it'll take 18 months before he becomes either outstanding or shit, I don't think there's any middle ground. I would have loved to sign him.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, incredible first game but comments like this could come back and bite us in the arse come May.

Anybody that knows anything about La Liga would know that Herrera has been putting in performances like that against clubs as good as Barca and Real when at Bilbao. It's not like he's an unknown entity that we should be surprised by just because of that performance. He's a class player.

@Dumbstar, you had an average squad with a world class player, no CL football to worry about last season, this season, all you've done so far is add average squad players, second place is as good as you'll get.

Good luck replacing Suarez with Rapey, Lollana, Can't, Markobitch, Lumpert. I can't believe I actually typed those names to respond to your stupid whorera comment.

@Dumbstar, you had an average squad with a world class player, no CL football to worry about last season, this season, all you've done so far is add average squad players, second place is as good as you'll get.

Good luck replacing Suarez with Rapey, Lollana, Can't, Markobitch, Lumpert. I can't believe I actually typed those names to respond to your stupid whorera comment.

:lol:

I'm not sure why everyone's questioning Markovic when I think he is by far the best player they have signed due to his ceiling, he looks like an absolutely brilliant player and I don't like complimenting Liverpool players like that but this guy looks like he could turn out to be absolutely incredible. Inconsistent but most players are at his age, I reckon it'll take 18 months before he becomes either outstanding or shit, I don't think there's any middle ground. I would have loved to sign him.
If he's the player with the highest ceiling that they've signed then I genuinely fear for them. He looks so beyond average.

quantity rarely if ever trumps quality, you'd think Liverpool would've learned that from Benitez, that & not to overpay for players hugely like the did under him & Hodgson, but it seems not, as a United fan I just want to say LOL, FAIL.

I've no idea who this Markovic fella is but it's normally the case that a foreigner needs at least a season to bed in. I wouldn't be expecting much from him for the coming season if I was a scouser (ugh).

Anybody that knows anything about La Liga would know that Herrera has been putting in performances like that against clubs as good as Barca and Real when at Bilbao. It's not like he's an unknown entity that we should be surprised by just because of that performance. He's a class player.
I do think he's a class player but I also thought Fellaini was a very good player, I just don't want to get my hopes up because our midfield acquisitions have been hit and miss, he looks a great player but sometimes la liga doesn't translate well to EPL. I know that sounds really negative, I think last season and our midfield has killed me.

So one player from a mid table team in England and one from a mid table team in Spain. Fear not yet struck in heart.

If he's the player with the highest ceiling that they've signed then I genuinely fear for them. He looks so beyond average.
We'll have to agree to disagree because I think he looks like he could be brilliant.

quantity rarely if ever trumps quality, you'd think Liverpool would've learned that from Benitez, that & not to overpay for players hugely like the did under him & Hodgson, but it seems not, as a United fan I just want to say LOL, FAIL.

LOL, FAIL indeed.

I don't know which part you're laughing at there Barney. Hopefully it's at my amazingly creative naming for your new signings.

In all seriousness though, you and B20 are literally the only two slightly sane Liverpool fans on here.
Pickled is sane too just ridiculously stubborn.

I do think he's a class player but I also thought Fellaini was a very good player, I just don't want to get my hopes up because our midfield acquisitions have been hit and miss, he looks a great player but sometimes la liga doesn't translate well to EPL. I know that sounds really negative, I think last season and our midfield has killed me.

You must have been in the minority there mate.

Amazing. Just amazing. We have better players and a better manager than Liverpool - Liverpool being the team that has just lost its best player and signed some only-just-above-average ones - yet you'd be surprised if we finish above Liverpool. Incredible reasoning.

Liverpool being the team that finished second and Manchester Utd the one who finished 7th? Yes, yes I would be.

'Suarez is gone so you'll be rubbish' is all I hear from opposition fans - it's such a simple thing to say without having seen us play week in week out. We will show we weren't reliant on one player this season.

And creating a foundation at Utd? The foundations are already there. We have top quality players. We now have a proven, top quality manager.

No, Uniteds foundations are still strong, that's not changed in one season of mismanagement.

You've lost a number of key players. Carrick is old, Rooney is way off his best and RVP is nearly 31 & injury prone. The core of your title winning side has eroded - can you not see this?

Moyes was not the only reason you were so shit last year. LVG is a good appointment, but things will take time - tactical periodization, squad changes, getting to know the players, finding a system that fits etc. He hasn't got a magic formula that will instantly make you great again. Even Mourinho has endured rocky patches last season with a Chelsea side superior to the current Manchester United squad.

You must have been in the minority there mate.
I don't know, I still don't think he's a bad payer, his bad performances get over-hyped. It's a bit like Jones, actually a very good player but the occasional mistake results in everyone assuming he's completely wank.

So where the fat Spanish waiter failed, the fat Dutch waiter won't? Irony hat time.

The Mancs do seem to be putting all of the blame on Moyes when there were plenty of experienced senior players who failed to perform. I don't think you can say it's because they didn't want to play for Moyes either.

So one player from a mid table team in England and one from a mid table team in Spain. Fear not yet struck in heart.

Until last year Suarez was a player from a midtable team so that's a ridiculous criteria by which to judge players. Also ironic considering you're set to take 3 players from the same midtable English team for around £50m and inaccurate given that Bilbao came 4th last season.

The Mancs do seem to be putting all of the blame on Moyes when there were plenty of experienced senior players who failed to perform. I don't think you can say it's because they didn't want to play for Moyes either.
When your manager approaches Vidic and Ferdinand and asks them to watch videos of phil fecking jagielka in order to emulate him, you can put 99% of the blame on such a cretin.

Until last year Suarez was a player from a midtable team so that's a ridiculous criteria by which to judge players. Also ironic considering you're set to take 3 players from the same midtable English team for around £50m and inaccurate given that Bilbao came 4th last season.

He's being facetious.