Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Not my point. He's not my favourite option. Your CL dig was odd though given he's won the thing.

Jesper Blomgqvist won the CL, so what?! It shouldn't be used as a barometer to measure how good a player is! There are far better options out there at LB that Liverpool could sign, why him?!

I'm not so sure, of course the window is still open but if it was United who had brought in such "depth" it would leave me feeling very underwhelmed.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your feeling a bit underwhelmed yourself.

We have too many players as it is, we wouldn't be buying players to pad out our squad depth, we need to trim the high earning the under performers off the wage bill.

Jesper Blomgqvist won the CL, so what?! It shouldn't be used as a barometer to measure how good a player is! There are far better options out there at LB that Liverpool could sign, why him?!
Again not my point.

Suarez has never got as much credit for his performances on here as he has since leaving.

And Suarez has never been under-rated so much by you guys, until he became a Barca player. Something we were told wouldn't happen just a couple of months ago.

The truth is we will only find out once the season gets underway. Utd fans are hoping it was all Suarez while pool fans are hoping it was the team. It's going to be interesting to see if you can match last year in the league.

You mocked the notion of Bertrand playing in the CL but obviously forgot he started in the 2012 final and won the thing. I think it was a daft angle, that's all.

Not at all. I was mocking Liverpool buying 2nd rate players when they've just qualified for the CL for the first time in God knows how long :)

Suarez has never got as much credit for his performances on here as he has since leaving.

After his 2nd season with you guys, think he got 12-15 goals and missed loads of chances. I remember telling Scousers you'll never win a league with a striker like that. He nearly made a liar out of me..

And Suarez has never been under-rated so much by you guys, until he became a Barca player. Something we were told wouldn't happen just a couple of months ago.

The truth is we will only find out once the season gets underway. Utd fans are hoping it was all Suarez while pool fans are hoping it was the team. It's going to be interesting to see if you can match last year in the league.
It doesn't take a genius to work out that Suarez gave Pool that something extra last season and even then, they couldn't win the league.

Pool won't things so easy next season, not a chance.

Exactly. Which is why the certainty with which our demise is being proclaimed is silly.

Definitely. Rogers looks to be too good a manager for you to fall back down to 6th or 7th. His system is in place. If he gets you close to winning the league again this year, minus Suarez, I think we'll all be wildly impressed. envious, even. He learnt his trade under Mourinho, right? Who in tern learnt his stuff from... LvG.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Suarez gave Pool that something extra last season and even then, they couldn't win the league.

Pool won't things so easy next season, not a chance.

They won't win the league imo but they also won't fade away. Top 4 battle.

Agreed, I don't think Liverpool will fade away at all. They'll be in the mix with ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs.

Remy's will be interesting. He almost failed a Marseille medical because they found him to have a heart condition but ultimately it worked out for him. I wonder how he is these days.

The problem is youse thinking its still in process. I think you'd have to be daft to think we aren't going to be better again this year.

Point is you need to stop the slump first and foremost.

Hasn't your demise been in full flow for about 24 years then? Last time you won the league De Gea wasn't even born. (He's since grown up and won it though.)

No, we had a pretty good season last year. This year's about building further on that, whereas it'll very much be about creating a foundation, for United.

No, we had a pretty good season last year. This year's about building further on that, whereas it'll very much be about creating a foundation, for United.
Pretty confident we will stop it, since we aren't buying players like Konchesky, Jovanovic, Pandev, etc.

Pretty confident we will stop it, since we aren't buying players like Konchesky, Jovanovic, Pandev, etc.

Unless Van Gaal decides to shove his balls into Rooney's face then I believe you will improve too, but Arsenal/Liv/Chelsea/City will have continuity and eyes for the title. Be surprised if you finish above any of them this year.

Unless Van Gaal decides to shove his balls into Rooney's face then I believe you will improve too, but Arsenal/Liv/Chelsea/City will have continuity and eyes for the title. Be surprised if you finish above any of them this year.

Amazing. Just amazing. We have better players and a better manager than Liverpool - Liverpool being the team that has just lost its best player and signed some only-just-above-average ones - yet you'd be surprised if we finish above Liverpool. Incredible reasoning.

The mistake Liverpool are making is thinking that Rodgers is some demigod who can craft an amazing team out of anything. This isn't some Field of Dreams world where you can buy mediocrity and the team will be managed into brilliance. Ridiculous notion. Liverpool will be out of the top 4 swiftly this season. And thank feck for it.

We have too many players as it is, we wouldn't be buying players to pad out our squad depth, we need to trim the high earning the under performers off the wage bill.
Buy shite buy twice, it's like they've re adopted the Benitez policy.
United are in a unique position to rebuild and are bringing in genuine quality.

Pretty good but you won bugger all. The vital bit is you didn't win the league, for yet another year when it was wide open and with only a few games to go was yours for the taking.

And creating a foundation at Utd? The foundations are already there. We have top quality players. We now have a proven, top quality manager.

So latest signing is Lovren. When I think about their completed transfers, it's just a big 'meh' from me.

No, Uniteds foundations are still strong, that's not changed in one season of mismanagement.

So Liverpool will continue their upward trend of finishing 2nd for the first time in 5 seasons.

Meanwhile United will continue their downward trend of winning 2 championships and finishing 2nd twice in the same period.

Liverpool is an odd club to support. It's all about their 'great' history until 1990 and then try and pretend that the last 24 years havent happened.

You won the treble 2 years after Cantona retired. Fergie didn't 'replace' him as such, but United went on to becoming a better side without him.

True, but as much as I love Eric, he was never the best player in the world, or not at Ronaldo's standard anyway.

Last edited:
Reina staying at liverpool apparently this season.. Said big clubs in Spain are well covered in his position but would like to return one day.

Thought they would of liked rid to be honest, wasn't great his last few seasons at Anfield and he would be on a big wage and all that, and hardly happy to be a number 2 himself.. Plus the proposed interest in Ochoa.

I think Lovren is a very good signing. The only defender that we've been linked with that's better than him is Hummels and that is not going to happen.

I think Lovren is a very good signing. The only defender that we've been linked with that's better than him is Hummels and that is not going to happen.
Who's signed Lovren?

Reina staying at liverpool apparently this season.. Said big clubs in Spain are well covered in his position but would like to return one day.

Thought they would of liked rid to be honest, wasn't great his last few seasons at Anfield and he would be on a big wage and all that, and hardly happy to be a number 2 himself.. Plus the proposed interest in Ochoa.

Napoli wouldn't pay his fee. They know Liverpool don't want to pay him £5m to sit on the bench this season so it's a bit of a stand off, they'll prob end up paying a few million late on in the window.