Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

It's blatant that he's doing both, so I'm not sure what your point is? None of what he said was bad, certainly not compared to the stuff he used to come out with or the stuff that other managers (including Arsene) have come out with before.
The article doesn't address those key issues at all - that's why it's just wishful thinking topped with a dollop of motherhood and apple pie from Brenton.

It's going to get to the point where he will be detrimental to the team though and has Rodgers got he balls to bench him ?

I think he has one or two more seasons of being a regular in him. I would look at slowly bedding in Can this season with a view to replace Gerrard in a couple. I think last season has given Rodgers the full backing of everyone at the club and the supporters so if he wanted to drop Gerrard I think he would.

Gerrard defensively is poor. On the ball though he's easily one of the five best midfielders in the country. That's why he's in the side.
No he's not, he's in the side due to his sinister messianic hold over the fanbase and Rodgers. He's undroppable for reasons you'll never understand - ignoring the fact that he's consistently been one if the clubs best performers for 15 years or so, of course. That aside, he should be dropped!

The article doesn't address those key issues at all - that's why it's just wishful thinking topped with a dollop of motherhood and apple pie from Brenton.

I'd agree with this. It'd be like an article about how were going to fit RVP and Rooney into the team (actually its even more irrelevant).
It doesn't matter when our defence and midfield is in the state its in.

The spurs comparison is crap and doesn't warrant an article to point it out.

You'd think Liverpool fans would've learnt the hard way by now about the whole Premier League experience thing, after the Dalglish catastrophe.

A lot of the same mental gymnastics and self-deception evident then are alive and well now.

First 5 pages of the Andy Carroll thread (bumped earlier) are comedy gold.

...add to that a ladle full of statistical evidence as to why an immediate decline isn't necessarily a given despite a noisy few claiming it to be so.

You'd think Liverpool fans would've learnt the hard way by now about the whole Premier League experience thing, after the Dalglish catastrophe.

A lot of the same mental gymnastics and self-deception evident then are alive and well now.

First 5 pages of the Andy Carroll thread (bumped earlier) are comedy gold.
You'd think United fans would've learnt the hard way about the whole post-Fergie new manager thing after the Moyes catastrophe.

First few (lots) pages of the Moyes thread are comedy gold - as was this equivalent thread going into last season.

...add to that a ladle full of statistical evidence as to why an immediate decline isn't necessarily a given despite a noisy few claiming it to be so.
It's not any kind of 'statistical evidence' - it's a load of irrelevant numbers.

You'd think United fans would've learnt the hard way about the whole post-Fergie new manager thing after the Moyes catastrophe.

First few (lots) pages of the Moyes thread are comedy gold - as was this equivalent thread going into last season.

Nice distraction but what has any of this got to do with Liverpool's transfer business?

You're all very defensive about your underwhelming transfer window. As I mentioned before, if I'd held this up to you as a vision of your summer back in May, you'd have dismissed it out of hand as a wind-up. What's changed?

Last edited:
Don't think it's just Liverpool fans, you get fans of any club who'll defend anything their club does so look for reasons to justify mistakes.

I think if we do well next year it'll be in spite of this transfer window rather than because of it, much like last season.

Nice distraction but what has any of this got to do with Liverpool's transfer business?

You're all very defensive about your underwhelming transfer window. As I mentioned before, if I'd held this up to you as a vision of your summer back in May, you'd have dismissed it out of hand as a wind-up. What's changed?
Signing a bit of Southampton and some barely knowns doesn't fill you with the same confidence as the scousers does it.
They've basically lost a pound and found a few pennies this window.

Signing a bit of Southampton and some barely knowns doesn't fill you with the same confidence as the scousers does it.
Don't be ridiculous, 26 year old youth player Adam Lallana will be leading them to Champions League and Premier League glory. He's a youngster, don't you know?

No he's not, he's in the side due to his sinister messianic hold over the fanbase and Rodgers. He's undroppable for reasons you'll never understand - ignoring the fact that he's consistently been one if the clubs best performers for 15 years or so, of course. That aside, he should be dropped!

This might be the case by next season.

It's not any kind of 'statistical evidence' - it's a load of irrelevant numbers.
Of course it's worthwhile evidence in countering the on-going comparisons with Spurs. It's pointing out that Liverpool came within a hair's breadth of the league and scored a mountain of goals which was down to a team effort whereas Spurs' season was nowhere near as strong.

Of course it's worthwhile evidence in countering the on-going comparisons with Spurs. It's pointing out that Liverpool came within a hair's breadth of the league and scored a mountain of goals which was down to a team effort whereas Spurs' season was nowhere near as strong.
Suarez scored 31 of them. Most of the other players' goals were made to happen by Suarez. You won't score like you did last year but you will concede the same.

I'd be more worried about the fact that your transfer window is being run by a man who conspired to destroy any hope of your last manager doing remotely well.

For what it's worth I think the players Liverpool have bought are pleasing. They fit the playing style Rodgers has instilled and complement the squad. Depth was required and the bench next season will be considerably stronger. Rodgers had such few options last season. No longer tha case.

Suarez scored 31 of them. Most of the other players' goals were made to happen by Suarez. You won't score like you did last year but you will concede the same.
But that follows a logic that we lose all of Suarez's goals and assists without him. That would mean any replacement would have zero contribution. I'm pretty sure Liverpool's attacking strength will sustain next season as the team have pace and options. I don't think all hope has just signed for Barca.

But that follows a logic that we lose all of Suarez's goals and assists without him. That would mean any replacement would have zero contribution. I'm pretty sure Liverpool's attacking strength will sustain next season as the team have pace and options. I don't think all hope has just signed for Barca.
I dunno, I don't think Remy, Lambert and the rest of your signings will contribute that kind of productivity. You need a better defence.

I dunno, I don't think Remy, Lambert and the rest of your signings will contribute that kind of productivity. You need a better defence.
What about Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic? All fast, technical players who create and score goals. Not sure why but there appears to be a blanket refusal to acknowledge the brilliant 18 months Sturridge has had since signing. Add to that the 9 goals he scored during Suarez's ban which indicates he can do it on his own.

It looks like Rodgers is buying defenders in the imminent future.

What about Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic? All fast, technical players who create and score goals. Not sure why but there appears to be a blanket refusal to acknowledge the brilliant 18 months Sturridge has had since signing. Add to that the 9 goals he scored during Suarez's ban which indicates he can do it on his own.

It looks like Rodgers is buying defenders in the imminent future.
Yes, Sturridge is quality. Can he make up for a full seasons worth of no Suarez?

Good that you're buying defenders now, as that wwas the obvious problem area.

Yes, Sturridge is quality. Can he make up for a full seasons worth of no Suarez?

Good that you're buying defenders now, as that wwas the obvious problem area.

Sturridge's goal scoring record is very good, we have a lot of attacking options now which means more players should score goals, in addition our bench was very weak last season. Even as it stands it's significantly stronger.
Remy's record is good, he scored 14 in 27 games for Newcastle - playing in a better team I am confident he will be a bargain for what we paid.

A couple of defenders would already have been bought had we agreed deals, I am sure we will still bring some in.

I am happy with our signings, some who say different probably haven't even seen Markovic play yet still make judgements. Lallana impressed me last season and will fit in with our style of play. He scored 9 goals last season, no reason why he cannot beat that and create for others too.

Off topic but United haven't solved their problems either, still need defenders and there is a lack of pace too - the latter is something we have in abundance.

Last edited:
Means another season of a self-egotist who because of the support of your fans, will be undroppable unless he forfeits his captaincy, which he won't.

Don't sprain your brain now with dem big words.

I'd be more worried about the fact that your transfer window is being run by a man who conspired to destroy any hope of your last manager doing remotely well.

For what it's worth I think the players Liverpool have bought are pleasing. They fit the playing style Rodgers has instilled and complement the squad. Depth was required and the bench next season will be considerably stronger. Rodgers had such few options last season. No longer tha case.
I'm not so sure, of course the window is still open but if it was United who had brought in such "depth" it would leave me feeling very underwhelmed.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your feeling a bit underwhelmed yourself.

Odd angle to poke fun. He's played in the final and won a winner's medal.

Mate, he's bang average. Even RAWK don't want him signed and they usually lap up everything and anything Pool do.

Ben Davies is a superior player and will get better too.

I'm not so sure, of course the window is still open but if it was United who had brought in such "depth" it would leave me feeling very underwhelmed.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your feeling a bit underwhelmed yourself.

feck could you imagine the outrage on here if we'd sold Rooney or RvP and replaced them with Remy and Lambert? The caf would be wiped out in one summer.

Gerrard defensively is poor. On the ball though he's easily one of the five best midfielders in the country. That's why he's in the side.

Out of interest wbat do you mean by on the ball?

It can't be taken off him? His dribbling? Passing and vision?

It's only underwhelming if the season proves to be underwhelming. Seeing as a ball has yet to be kicked, how can you say otherwise ?

I seem to remember you being totally 'overwhelmed' when you signed Mata in January. Even more so when we failed to sign anyone. Didn't quite work out as you hoped though. Why was that do you think ?

Mate, he's bang average. Even RAWK don't want him signed and they usually lap up everything and anything Pool do.

Ben Davies is a superior player and will get better too.
Not my point. He's not my favourite option. Your CL dig was odd though given he's won the thing.

It's only underwhelming if the season proves to be underwhelming. Seeing as a ball has yet to be kicked, how can you say otherwise ?

I seem to remember you being totally 'overwhelmed' when you signed Mata in January. Even more so when we failed to sign anyone. Didn't quite work out as you hoped though. Why was that do you think ?
That was because last season existed within a parallel universe that made no sense and shall not be mentioned in this parish when discussing prospects in the coming season. Is that clear?

Looks like Shaqiri is back on. I'd be happy with that.

Don't sprain your brain now with dem big words.

Shame the egotist retired from international duty. I would have thought someone with such a giant ego would have stayed on a couple more games to get the caps record.

Coming season they will see how Suarez single handedly helped them to finish 2nd.

Suarez: 31 goals and 12 assists.
He has got the 2nd highest amount of assists. That's an incredible contribution to play. Not only scoring goals for fun, but also setting up his team mates to score goals for fun.

The second place on the top scorer chart is Sturridge with 21 goals. 10 goals difference between 1st and 2nd. Incredible.

--

Without Suarez I can see Liverpool drop out of top 4 again.

Suarez has never got as much credit for his performances on here as he has since leaving.