Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Indeed. I think it's dislike veiled as 'analysis' in truth.
Don't get me wrong of course he isn't going be rated justifiably by a lot of posters on a main rivals team board but you would think he was nothing more than a good player if you went of this when infact he was one of the best midfielders of generation and one of the most complete players i have ever seen and i for one can't wait for him to retire because i know how irreplaceable he going to be for you lot.

Don't get me wrong of course he isn't going be rated justifiably by a lot of posters on a main rivals team board but you would think he was nothing more than a good player if you went of this when infact he was one of the best midfielders of generation and one of the most complete players i have ever seen and i for one can't wait for him to retire because i know how irreplaceable he going to be for you lot.
Kudos for acknowledging it, at least.

He has tortured us enough that it would be daft not admit it. There was a point when he was at his peak that when he got the ball in our half in the derby i used to shit myself until he gave it to someone else. Still a cnut though :lol:

Indeed, nice to actually see someone talk sense. Gerrard threads on here currently have him as one of the most selfish English players ever & personally responsible for England's premature World Cup exit.

Indeed, nice to actually see someone talk sense. Gerrard threads on here currently have him as one of the most selfish English players ever & personally responsible for England's premature World Cup exit.

Which is odd considering how many Mancs have fecked us in past world cups!

He has tortured us enough that it would be daft not admit it. There was a point when he was at his peak that when he got the ball in our half in the derby i used to shit myself until he gave it to someone else. Still a cnut though :lol:
Ha, yes he did get a fair few.

With expectations so high in the scouse camp, I wonder how a mediocre start to the season would affect the fans?

The pressure to go out and wallop teams again will be high. I'd also be surprised if they get wins at home to Everton, United, Arsenal and City again this season.

I'm biased of course, but their signings don't exactly scream top draw to me either. RodgeBall TM likely to be less effective too.

With expectations so high in the scouse camp, I wonder how a mediocre start to the season would affect the fans?

The pressure to go out and wallop teams again will be high. I'd also be surprised if they get wins at home to Everton, United, Arsenal and City again this season.

I'm biased of course, but their signings don't exactly scream top draw to me either. RodgeBall TM likely to be less effective too.

Hopefully better than a good chunk of United fans at the start of last season.

That's actually a good point, we have been reminded many times that Suarez doesn't score against the better teams - yet we are now being told we will be close to hopeless without him.....

If you think it's going to be easier to break down stubborn defences by getting rid of Suarez and signing a player with less than 1/3 of his talent, then you're probably going to be in for a nasty surprise.

If they don't sign a big name player(s) preferably for them a striker I really do feel they will struggle next season, there squad right now is basic and taking in to account there extra games next season and the big big loss of Suarez, not just for his goals but the reliability and ora players like that can have on your other teammates, we were the same with ronaldo, players must of knew even if they aren't 100% they have ronaldo to rescue the day and luckily we had SAF at the helms to keep us winning when he left but I just can't see Pool do as good again this season as last without signing a big name or two, not just decent EPL players.

Last season we were incredibly shit and out the equation, Arsenal just didn't have the firepower to last to the end and done there usual bottle job, Mou was on his first season with a squad of really good and really normal players and Pellegrini on his debut season and losing Aguero and Negredo for quite some time,

Now we have a great manager and acquired a few great players and have one of the best strikers in the world when fit in RvP and I am still confident we will sign another midfielder but obviously we could be vulnerable at the back if we don't sign a few experienced players there, although I feel our LB is stronger this season than last,

Chelsea have massively improved there squad with a few top top players and a world class GK coming in for them,Arsenal have signed a world class player but still not convinced they will challenge for the title without a few more signings which has to be a Striker and City still have a great squad with the addition of a few decent players and I still feel they will sign Mangala as there big name signing maybe even Isco,

So overall Chelsea In my opinion are the team to beat next season and we have a much better at top 4 this season than last, dramatically so.

As I've said before teams will find their style of play out. Just do what Chelsea did -- waste time, don't let them have the ball quickly in dangerous areas.

That said, some teams will be capable of pulling that out. Others will be pulverised.

Will Remy be starting as first choice striker? Or back-up or out wide in a 4-3-3? If he's first choice he's going straight in my FPL team.

I think his overall goals record against the regular top 4 clubs (United, City, Chelsea, & Arsenal) is something like 5 in 25 matches. Not too sure about the assists though.

Daniel Sturridge has scored 6 times against the same clubs having played in less than half the games.

The thing is, none of us know exactly what impact his loss will have on the club, because we have no idea how the new lads will settle in. On paper it screams out that we're worse off without him. But there is a good possibility that the side will have a better balance to it, with more goals coming from different players, & a team that may give different problems to the opposition sides. The better teams can generally set out to nullify a key player like Suarez with some degree of success. Trying to counter a whole side that is top of it's game is far more difficult proposition, & I would imagine that's what Rodgers is trying to achieve.

You seem to value scoring a lot. I think a player of his quality brings more than just scoring to your team, perhaps that's why we have a difference of opinion.

I agree we have no idea about anything. All we can do is guess and try to provide reasoning for it, we will see what happens, either way I think it's going to be a cracking season full of a lot of emotion so I can't wait.

You seem to value scoring a lot. I think a player of his quality brings more than just scoring to your team, perhaps that's why we have a difference of opinion.

I agree we have no idea about anything. All we can do is guess and try to provide reasoning for it, we will see what happens, either way I think it's going to be a cracking season full of a lot of emotion so I can't wait.

A lot of Liverpool fans seem to be missing this point though. They're just looking at big games and see he hasn't scored, so he's suddenly not as effective as we all believed him to be. This is coming from fans that had him down as the best player on the planet at times last season. :lol:

A player like Suarez' presence alone has a big impact on the opposition, no matter who it is. He scares the shit out of you when you see him on the team sheet. Liverpool don't have that player now that he's gone and it's going to naturally have an impact on how the opposition view and approach them. He's not just a goalscorer, he can do it all. Barca didn't fork all of that money out just for his goals.

I must say, while most on here rated Suarez there were a lot of posters going on about his poor return in big games and generally playing down his qualities.

It's fair to conclude that, in the eyes of the Caf, he's become an even better player since he left Liverpool. Go figure...

Will Remy be starting as first choice striker? Or back-up or out wide in a 4-3-3? If he's first choice he's going straight in my FPL team.
If he doesn't start the season as a starter I think he will play his way into the team, probably at the expense of Coutinho.

As long as being an absolutely fantastic footballer, Suarez attitude on the pitch is being overlooked when being discussed how much he is going to be missed. His will to and the aggression in which he played the game was infectious to the rest of the squad i feel and he clearly galvanized his team mates to player at a level i personally never thought was capable.

I must say, while most on here rated Suarez there were a lot of posters going on about his poor return in big games and generally playing down his qualities.

It's fair to conclude that, in the eyes of the Caf, he's become an even better player since he left Liverpool. Go figure...

You mean rival fans downplaying the qualities of a rival player? Now that's weird.

He might win something now though that isn't the Carling Cup?

And significantly less important in the eyes of scousers, since leaving Liverpool. Go figure...
Possibly, but what I've noticed is that it's now impossible to attribute Liverpool's good season to anything other than Suarez. Sturridge scored goals because of Suarez. Sterling had goals and assists because of Suarez. Henderson's upturn in form happened because Suarez 's brilliance rubbed off, etc.

The sugar high of Suarez is over. Expect Liverpool to land back into fifth or sixth.

Possibly, but what I've noticed is that it's now impossible to attribute Liverpool's good season to anything other than Suarez. Sturridge scored goals because of Suarez. Sterling had goals and assists because of Suarez. Henderson's upturn in form happened because Suarez 's brilliance rubbed off, etc.
Well worked out...the message strikes home :confused:

Manquillo to be loaned to us for 2 years according to MD, including a €6m purchase option and a buy-back clause for Atleti.

Sure, some here will claim it was soley Luis but we all know, really, that your excellent league form last time was part Sturridge, part Sterling, Rodgers, and the rest of it. It's a team game after all. But you can't deny the biggest influence on the pitch was Suarez. It's why he won POTY and it's why Barca are (despite the biting history) shelling out the reported 75m on him and not any of your other players.

I'm not saying you will drop away completely this season (still early days transfer wise) Not a chance imo. Rodgers looks like a proper manager and a great fit for you. What I do doubt very much is that you'll win the league or get as close as you did last season. Not for a while yet anyway. Chelsea/Mourinho look comfortably stronger, City a little bit stronger and Arsenal have possibly caught up.

Reckon its a real slug fest between us and you for 4th spot and who knows, Arsenal. Spurs as a long shot if Poch does as well as he did at Southampton. Everton... I don't think will do as well as last year.

Not been confirmed yet, but Barrett, Pearce and the Spanish media are all reporting it. Loan with an option to buy, the only question is is it a one year loan or two year.

He's being compared to Arbeloa.

I don't understand why we need a right back, unless he is thinking of playing Flanagan on the left.

A lot of Liverpool fans seem to be missing this point though. They're just looking at big games and see he hasn't scored, so he's suddenly not as effective as we all believed him to be. This is coming from fans that had him down as the best player on the planet at times last season. :lol:

A player like Suarez' presence alone has a big impact on the opposition, no matter who it is. He scares the shit out of you when you see him on the team sheet. Liverpool don't have that player now that he's gone and it's going to naturally have an impact on how the opposition view and approach them. He's not just a goalscorer, he can do it all. Barca didn't fork all of that money out just for his goals.

Thats the thing though, they have suddenly gone from he is the best in the league, maybe the world, telling us how even though he hadnt scored against the top 4 etc that he did other things for them. To now that actually they dont really need him as he was not the reason why they were so good, they have Sturridge and they managed fine without him.

While other fans have gone the opposite way around. Although i have to say a lot of fans always said he was very good but just a twat. He never scored many against the big teams and was kept pretty quiet by the better players a lot, but he was still there and had to be watched, as you say his presence alone had a impact on the opposition. The lesser teams that he scored bucket loads against were scared to go near him. It will clearly change without him there.

Liverpool fans will just argue about it whatever you say, there is no neutral ground with them.

Sure, some here will claim it was soley Luis but we all know, really, that your excellent league form last time was part Sturridge, part Sterling, Rodgers, and the rest of it. It's a team game after all. But you can't deny the biggest influence on the pitch was Suarez. It's why he won POTY and it's why Barca are (despite the biting history) shelling out the reported 75m on him and not any of your other players.

I'm not saying you will drop away completely this season (still early days transfer wise) Not a chance imo. Rodgers looks like a proper manager and a great fit for you. What I do doubt very much is that you'll win the league or get as close as you did last season. Not for a while yet anyway. Chelsea/Mourinho look comfortably stronger, City a little bit stronger and Arsenal have possibly caught up.

Reckon its a real slug fest between us and you for 4th spot and who knows, Arsenal. Spurs as a long shot if Poch does as well as he did at Southampton. Everton... I don't think will do as well as last year.
My gut tells me Liverpool won't win the league but the brand of football Rodgers has us playing gives me huge impression that Liverpool will continue to be one of the top scoring teams. Liverpool are, once again, going to set up with a lot of pace next season, which is tough to play against for any side.

I don't understand why we need a right back, unless he is thinking of playing Flanagan on the left.

Succession planning. Assuming Johnson leaves next year it makes sense to bring in this lad and give him a year to bed in before asking him to become first choice once Johnson leaves. It could also be that we wanted him next year, but once Arsenal moved for him our hand was forced. I think it probably does mean Flanagan at left back. I hope we ship Enrique out and get Moreno or someone like that in still.

Thats the thing though, they have suddenly gone from he is the best in the league, maybe the world, telling us how even though he hadnt scored against the top 4 etc that he did other things for them. To now that actually they dont really need him as he was not the reason why they were so good, they have Sturridge and they managed fine without him.

While other fans have gone the opposite way around. Although i have to say a lot of fans always said he was very good but just a twat. He never scored many against the big teams and was kept pretty quiet by the better players a lot, but he was still there and had to be watched, as you say his presence alone had a impact on the opposition. The lesser teams that he scored bucket loads against were scared to go near him. It will clearly change without him there.

Liverpool fans will just argue about it whatever you say, there is no neutral ground with them.
Of course there isn't. That's called being a fan - neutrality doesn't apply and nor should it.