2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He had a decent game, you weapons. One silly free kick conceded a long way out but otherwise played well. His passing has improved over the last few games. He’s less conservative and trusting himself more. Onwards and upwards from here.

Eh, I thought he was distinctly average. Some nice passes and moments on the ball, a few moments of poor defending, overall meh.

Which isn't what you're hoping for from someone that everyone just assumed would be locked in to that LCB spot for the foreseeable future as a stalwart in the middle. Especially not against such average opposition.

Eh, I thought he was distinctly average. Some nice passes and moments on the ball, a few moments of poor defending, overall meh.

Which isn't what you're hoping for from someone that everyone just assumed would be locked in to that LCB spot for the foreseeable future as a stalwart in the middle. Especially not against such average opposition.
Yeah I thought he was pretty average as well today, not at his best yet. He seemed to push up too much and leave big spaces behind him cause Dalot was playing as striker at times.

He was fine apart from the stupid yellow card. I'm far more annoyed by the midfield and our 'attack' tonight.

Seems like more are starting to see that he's not the long term answer at CB.

Didn’t have a poor game at all on my viewing.

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham New
He has been terrible this season.

Physically looks way off it, slow, getting turned, non existent in the air.

But genius Ten Hag plays a style that keeps giving slow players massive space to cover, utter ineptitude.

Absolutely fallen off a cliff.

De Ligt/Yoro will be the partnership under the next manager.

Atrocious again, call me an agenda poster, but damn, he's just doing nothing at the moment. Could be replaced by a cardboard cutout.

Absolutely fallen off a cliff.

De Ligt/Yoro will be the partnership under the next manager.
I’ve really enjoyed his all action displays. Varane was the perfect partner for him. But alongside an equally aggressive cb he has been so exposed this season.

Suspect you’re right. Deligt Yoro will be the partnership in the not too distant future

He’s liable to get a red card sooner than later in the upcoming games.

Do the other top 5 centre backs in the world constantly dive in recklessly high up the field rather than show any sort of brains? He was always somewhat overrated on here because his flaws were masked due to being partnered by an actually elite centre back but this season he's been absolutely shambolic so far.

I’m a fan but this lack of form is getting worrying. Hopefully he’ll turn things around and gets back to his best, overall his skillset is quite unique and very important to our team. But as of now I’m not sure if he’s even going to remain a starter after Yoro gets fit.

I’m a fan but this lack of form is getting worrying. Hopefully he’ll turn things around and gets back to his best, overall his skillset is quite unique and very important to our team. But as of now I’m not sure if he’s even going to remain a starter after Yoro gets fit.
Do we know when York is returning?

He was always somewhat overrated on here because his flaws were masked due to being partnered by an actually elite centre back but this season he's been absolutely shambolic so far.
Licha/Varane - 33G W64% D21% L15%

Licha/Maguire - 27G W67% D11% L22%

Licha/Lindelof - 21G W57% D10% L33%

Varane/Maguire - 45G W62% D16% L22%

Varane/Lindelof - 43G W63% D16% L21%

Licha was competing with Maguire and Lindelof. He needed to be better than them, which he was I believe.

Licha/Varane - 33G W64% D21% L15%

Licha/Maguire - 27G W67% D11% L22%

Licha/Lindelof - 21G W57% D10% L33%

Varane/Maguire - 45G W62% D16% L22%

Varane/Lindelof - 43G W63% D16% L21%

Licha was competing with Maguire and Lindelof. He needed to be better than them, which he was I believe.
I also don't think Maguire and Lindelof are elite centre backs, just being better than them isn't the standard we need if we ever want to get closer to the top again.

He looks slow. Goes into tackle he has no chance of winning. He has been poor this season in every game he has played

Casemiro's tendency to lunge into tackles, to avoid having to sprint back and defend a counter, seems to have rubbed off on Martinez unfortunately.

Arteta buys the short CB from Ajax and plays him at full back because he knows what it takes to be a CB in this league.

Martinez is a really talented player but there’s just no chance we have a great defence if he plays CB in a back four. The limitations of pace and aerial ability is just too much to cover especially without a VVD or Saliba next to him.

His big weaknesses were all shown in this game:
Weak in the air
Being out of position in the box and not being able to stop passes /shots in the box
Being way too high up in combination with being poor in ground duels
Diving violently into pointless tackles

Positive he had one great ball to Casemiro and a few nice interceptions.